What if the leaks were wrong?

Salvatore.3749

10 minutes ago, Salvatore.3749 said:

Yeah, what if there is a new weapon or two added?

That means thief may not actually get scepter since it was believed warrior would have pistols. If this is warrior, then warrior is possibly getting a new weapon. 

It's a Pistol and a Sword offhand shoved into it. Probably has a weapon combine mechanic or it's just to tease.

It's highly unlikely they'll add any new weapon types, especially since the first 3 Elite specs use existing weapons--they wouldn't introduce a new weapon type only 2/3 (at most) Elite Specs can use.

That said, they can totally add new weapons via kits or change existing weapona via skins.

For years staves were "magic only" in both skins and function until Daredevil/Revenant turned that on its head. And Revenant Hammer is a ranged weapon vs Warrior/Guardian/Scrapper melee.

It's most likely the pistol (Warrior) and scepter (Thief) will be melee to an extent with some midrange capabilities. Entirely possible that pistols will be fully melee for warrior with the burst (or skill 3/5) being ranged bursts.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, PeerlessArch.6547 said:

Link? (Golden armor one)

The one we've been talking about that people have already posted, from this tweet

And now I see, since the Rev one had been posted and discussed well before this thread was created, I was looking for a second -new- one from -after- the Warrior one.  My interpretation of "new" being different from the OP's intent, I think 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/3/2021 at 11:53 PM, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It's highly unlikely they'll add any new weapon types, especially since the first 3 Elite specs use existing weapons--they wouldn't introduce a new weapon type only 2/3 (at most) Elite Specs can use.

That said, they can totally add new weapons via kits or change existing weapona via skins.

For years staves were "magic only" in both skins and function until Daredevil/Revenant turned that on its head. And Revenant Hammer is a ranged weapon vs Warrior/Guardian/Scrapper melee.

It's most likely the pistol (Warrior) and scepter (Thief) will be melee to an extent with some midrange capabilities. Entirely possible that pistols will be fully melee for warrior with the burst (or skill 3/5) being ranged bursts.

NEW Weapon the GUN SABER! Pistol in offhand too!

It could be a mechanic for them!

1 hour ago, Salvatore.3749 said:

NEW Weapon the GUN SABER! Pistol in offhand too!

It could be a mechanic for them!

Most likely the elite spec mechanic, not a weapon. Probably working similar to stuff like photon forge or celestial avatars.

At this point, it is pretty safe to assume that the leaks were correct, thief will get a scepter.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Most likely the elite spec mechanic, not a weapon. Probably working similar to stuff like photon forge or celestial avatars.

At this point, it is pretty safe to assume that the leaks were correct, thief will get a scepter.

True! I am wondering if we thief will get a new mechanic itself. I saw a leak on reddit from months ago that said scepter would be offhand for thief. The leak was incorrect about some things since it was from a tester who played  EoD before the release date was pushed back and surprisingly some of it was accurate about the new specs.

Thief may have some mechanic where other players are healed from thief's attacks while simultaneously damaging enemies and providing boons in combo fields.

I don't know, we'll see what happens in these next few days. 

1 hour ago, Salvatore.3749 said:

True! I am wondering if we thief will get a new mechanic itself. I saw a leak on reddit from months ago that said scepter would be offhand for thief. The leak was incorrect about some things since it was from a tester who played  EoD before the release date was pushed back and surprisingly some of it was accurate about the new specs.

Thief may have some mechanic where other players are healed from thief's attacks while simultaneously damaging enemies and providing boons in combo fields.

I don't know, we'll see what happens in these next few days. 

That leak was fake as hell.

Thief will get a new mechanic, obviously. Not sure if it will be another weapon set like warrior are getting, tho. But there is no reason for us to believe that it will be an offhand scepter. Not a single elite spec, including the 5 of the new ones we currently know of, wields any weapon in a hand it wasn't being held before (in the sense of, we never got mainhand shields, foci, warhorns, etc. and also never had offhand scepter before).

They claimed that they have been a play tester, but that was most likely just a lie and someone just making stuff up. Alot of stuff in that leak was so incredibly dumb that no sane game developer would come up with these concepts for elite specs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

That leak was fake as hell.

Thief will get a new mechanic, obviously. Not sure if it will be another weapon set like warrior are getting, tho. But there is no reason for us to believe that it will be an offhand scepter. Not a single elite spec, including the 5 of the new ones we currently know of, wields any weapon in a hand it wasn't being held before (in the sense of, we never got mainhand shields, foci, warhorns, etc. and also never had offhand scepter before).

They claimed that they have been a play tester, but that was most likely just a lie and someone just making stuff up. Alot of stuff in that leak was so incredibly dumb that no sane game developer would come up with these concepts for elite specs.

I can see the parts where it was fake unless they made changes after new leadership came in. 

I think a good 60% of that leak was fake, but some of the post's content is similar to what we have. So either, that leaker really came up with some good lies or had some knowledge that he twisted on his own. But, there were a lot of weapons and mechanics that were in fact wrong so I'm not banking on all of the content, but we'll see. 

Now that my hype has cooled down a bit, I'm certain the new mechanic will work like Necromancer's shroud + Warrior Adrenaline where the gauge is filled up and certain attacks can be used. Unless it becomes a kit like what holosmith has. 

19 hours ago, Salvatore.3749 said:

I can see the parts where it was fake unless they made changes after new leadership came in. 

I think a good 60% of that leak was fake, but some of the post's content is similar to what we have. So either, that leaker really came up with some good lies or had some knowledge that he twisted on his own. But, there were a lot of weapons and mechanics that were in fact wrong so I'm not banking on all of the content, but we'll see. 

Now that my hype has cooled down a bit, I'm certain the new mechanic will work like Necromancer's shroud + Warrior Adrenaline where the gauge is filled up and certain attacks can be used. Unless it becomes a kit like what holosmith has. 

A stopped clock is right twice a day, and a spot of reasoned thought could probably get a higher strike rate than random chance. Especially since everyone and their dog was expecting offhand sword guardian after Almorra.

It also doesn't take a lot of reasoning to consider a magic weapon for thief to be a possibility. The main thing assassin had that thief doesn't is more magic, after all.

Given how much has turned out to be wrong, and the things that were right happened to match common predictions at the time - yeah, I'm considering the 'leak' about as useful as anyone else's list of predictions from about six months ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Volrath.1473 said:

When will theblast 3 professions' elite spec will be annaunced?!

Following the first two trends.

Medium Armor Profession 1 will be shown as a silhouette the week of Sept 26th to Oct 2nd.  Probably that Tuesday Sept. 28th or the Friday Oct. 1st.

Medium Armor Profession 2 will be the following week. Oct. 3rd to Oct. 9th.  Either Tuesday Oct. 5th or Friday Oct. 8th.

Medium Armor Profession 3 will be the week of Oct. 10th to the 16th.  With the silhouette on that Tuesday (12) or Friday (15).

The week before Beta we'll get Profession 1 Reveal that Tuesday(19) morning.  Profession 2 on Wednesday (20), and Profession 3 on Thursday (21) with the Guild Talk showcase on Friday (22).

Beta 3 will be Oct. 26th to the 30th. Using the three Medium Armor Professions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

Following the first two trends.

Medium Armor Profession 1 will be shown as a silhouette the week of Sept 26th to Oct 2nd.  Probably that Tuesday Sept. 28th or the Friday Oct. 1st.

Medium Armor Profession 2 will be the following week. Oct. 3rd to Oct. 9th.  Either Tuesday Oct. 5th or Friday Oct. 8th.

Medium Armor Profession 3 will be the week of Oct. 10th to the 16th.  With the silhouette on that Tuesday (12) or Friday (15).

The week before Beta we'll get Profession 1 Reveal that Tuesday(19) morning.  Profession 2 on Wednesday (20), and Profession 3 on Thursday (21) with the Guild Talk showcase on Friday (22).

Beta 3 will be Oct. 26th to the 30th. Using the three Medium Armor Professions.  

Cool tks!