Warriors: We want a support espec. Anet: Do you?

Lan Deathrider.5910

Warriors: We need a viable support espec to round out our supportive capabilities and have support builds not bannerslave in PvE and bubble bot in WvW

Anet: Drops the most metal AF spec teaser

Warriors: Excuse us but is that a gunblade? Are those pistol barrels on the gloves?!?!?!

Warriors: *Collectively drop the cries for a support espec*

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Warriors: We need a viable support espec to round out our supportive capabilities and have support builds not bannerslave in PvE and bubble bot in WvW

Warriors: Excuse us but is that a gunblade? Are those pistol barrels on the gloves?!?!?!

Well I can be a downer and ruin the mood and point out it will be a pointless speck that will be bringing banners in PVE, maybe used in PVP cause its OP till it isn't and maybe it has one skill OP for WvW like SB and it is only used just for that , at best it will give Alacrity and be DPS boons support at worst it will be like  Spellbreaker worthless. Does warrior need yet another bruiser speck? Also no matter how cool the speck is the core traitlines and skills are still kinda kitten and nothing much supports ranged combat.

When the novelty of the concept wears out warrior will be stuck with the same role as it had before.

Also I wonder from which speck they copy pasted the mechanics, second hand skills WOOO.
Considering Firebrand, Scourge exist and can be support or dps in PVE,WVW and PVP a pew pew warrior kinda seems crap in comparison.

Might end up like Renegade though could be fun and might be useful outside of banners.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Well I can be a downer and ruin the mood and point out it will be a pointless speck that will be bringing banners in PVE, maybe used in PVP cause its OP till it isn't and maybe it has one skill OP for WvW like SB and it is only used just for that , at best it will give Alacrity and be DPS boons support at worst it will be like  Spellbreaker worthless. Does warrior need yet another bruiser speck? Also no matter how cool the speck is the core traitlines and skills are still kinda kitten and nothing much supports ranged combat.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what they have to offer us. That said we don't really have good ranged options, so switch hitting is hard to do well, so maybe this will fill that niche and work even if it is another bruiser.

When the novelty of the concept wears out warrior will be stuck with the same role as it had before.

Also I wonder from which speck they copy pasted the mechanics, second hand skills WOOO.
Considering Firebrand, Scourge exist and can be support or dps in PVE,WVW and PVP a pew pew warrior kinda seems crap in comparison.

If it is kits, there is nothing stopping one of them from being heavy support focus. That and if it is MH pistol you can run P/horn and shouts for a pretty good support build that doesn't have to be in melee range.

Might end up like Renegade though could be fun and might be useful outside of banners.

We can all only hope for as much.

• Thanks 1

Elite Skill: You character conjure a Giant Bazooka that bring you allies to an 'Awe' effect and the enemys Cry out very loud. You receive a button to press 'F1'.

That is the first support skill. 🤣

I'm still working in others. The boons and conditions are ok for this one.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Elite Skill: You character conjure a Giant Bazooka that bring you allies to an 'Awe' effect and the enemys Cry out very loud. You receive a button to press 'F1'.

That is the first support skill. 🤣

I'm still working in others. The boons and conditions are ok for this one.

Giant Firework launcher you mean.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Killing the enemy instantly is the best form of support.

With a gun. Well. 1v1 that will surely work fine, but for large scale some options would be nice. I mean we're now getting the third Espec, we should finally get a viable option for WvW mass battles apart from bringing the bubble. Something to get past all the blocks, weakness, CCs ... and of course reflects (pistol is surely gonna suffer from projectiles)

Edited by nthmetal.9652

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There is some satire here but even a hint of truth is demonstrating players don't really know what they want until they get it. They think they know because they believe it solves a problem for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

There is some satire here but even a hint of truth is demonstrating players don't really know what they want until they get it. They think they know because they believe it solves a problem for them. 

Well, there IS a hole there that needs to be filled, but  there is also a hole in our range game. So, as long as one gets filled I'm happy. That and MH pistol would pair perfectly with warhorn and shouts anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, there IS a hole there that needs to be filled, but  there is also a hole in our range game. So, as long as one gets filled I'm happy. That and MH pistol would pair perfectly with warhorn and shouts anyway.

Another Doomer comment: It will be off hand pistol since warrior can't have nice things also less bursts to make.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

True ... especially since the after some testing, the removal of the extra adrenaline trait from rifle gave it the big shaft IMO. I would prefer a range hole filled than a support role hole filled. We don't lack for getting teams because of a support hole existing. We do suffer more generally from an average ranged performance. 

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Shush. We got a OH weapon already, we're due for a MH only one.

Also the utility skills are all supper niche like Sight beyond Sight and everyone will be running some core skills that are kitten but better then them, since you need space for the two banners. Let me sing the doom song.

8 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Also the utility skills are all supper niche like Sight beyond Sight and everyone will be running some core skills that are kitten but better then them, since you need space for the two banners. Let me sing the doom song.

Who's to say what we will get. Might be kits, might be gadgets, might be something new that is 'engineer' ask like straight up bomb utilities (see my previous ideas on that one).