Warriors: We want a support espec. Anet: Do you?

Lan Deathrider.5910

4 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

We implied all and we all dont want a support spec, I myself didnt chose warrior to support, if I did want to support I'd have chose guardian or druid. I chose warrior to be......a warrior and smash stuff with weapons, bigger the better.

This is the way of the warrior.

Jeez way to ruin the joke thread Psycho...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

We implied all and we all dont want a support spec, I myself didnt chose warrior to support, if I did want to support I'd have chose guardian or druid. I chose warrior to be......a warrior and smash stuff with weapons, bigger the better.

This is the way of the warrior.

That is why you will be a support with every possible speck that warrior has in the game till the end of time. 
Also DPS classes are useless in the game. "You do damage ou well Ill get another firebrand on your place cause it can do it all". 

I'll be OK if it ends up being a proper duelist with the necessary adjustments. That would be my main concern covered. A good GM trait can change the flow of your playstyle.. 

Unfortunately we don't see this much on the warrior especs, but I believe that if done right and if we all give good feedback (which we will) they may give us something decent.. 

In any case I'm in the sad position to admit that no other subforum has threads like the omnibus or the countless rework posts for the devs to steal ideas from for warrior 😂😭😭

Cough willbender cough

3 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I'll be OK if it ends up being a proper duelist with the necessary adjustments. That would be my main concern covered. A good GM trait can change the flow of your playstyle.. 

Unfortunately we don't see this much on the warrior especs, but I believe that if done right and if we all give good feedback (which we will) they may give us something decent.. 

In any case I'm in the sad position to admit that no other subforum has threads like the omnibus or the countless rework posts for the devs to steal ideas from for warrior 😂😭😭

Cough willbender cough

I hope Willbender gets no buffs, is left in the sad shape it is in, and is never reworked solely because they used our ideas for it and not warrior. There, I said it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Spellbreaker technically is support-ish already but offensive.

I just want gunblade Warrior to be triple swap-ish at this point haha

Healbreaker is just mostly just leveraging core warrior support options with the extra defensive options of spellbreaker. I think it does get to burst a little more often than core warrior which allows it to get more out of Soldier's Focus, but that only triggers every ten seconds anyway, so that's probably within the bounds of what a core warrior can achieve anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Healbreaker is just mostly just leveraging core warrior support options with the extra defensive options of spellbreaker. I think it does get to burst a little more often than core warrior which allows it to get more out of Soldier's Focus, but that only triggers every ten seconds anyway, so that's probably within the bounds of what a core warrior can achieve anyway.

I wouldn't really wanna go support on core anymore because of the damage nerf, core Warrior was nice because it did damage along with support healing with the FGJ synergy with the STR tree might trait. I'd actually play core if the damage nerf didn't happen.

I don't know if I could ever enjoy core anymore in terms of support-ability because of the changes.

I also meant SB boonstripping and extra CCs (basically necro but you only strip not convert, have invulnerabilities instead of a 2nd life bar/high effective hp), as well on top of the defensive mechanics that leverage as you said. Those are pretty nice offensive support tools that set up kills for yourself + team mates and becomes easier to execute because of extra defense options. Basically spellbreaker can be an initiator off-tank-ish character, even healbreaker is kinda nice I actually enjoyed playing it in 2v2/3v3s.

Personally, I don't mind another raw power spec. I just hope this "gunblader" spec is interesting and has a lot of curveballs.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

12 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Ah. I generally regard boonstripping and CCs as coming under control rather than support.

They pretty interchange-able, I mean Leona from league of legends counts as a "support" even though she doesn't really heal, lock down basically is "support" because you enable somebody to do something (such as locking down evasive targets for burst). I'd say "healing," "buffing," "control," "dispels" basically counts as support because support generally means you're trying to enable someone (Which annoys me because spellbreaker can basically set up for itself as well and is easier than core, specially after damage nerf)

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

3 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

They pretty interchange-able, I mean Leona from league of legends counts as a "support" even though she doesn't really heal, lock down basically is "support" because you enable somebody to do something (such as locking down evasive targets for burst). I'd say "healing," "buffing," "control," "dispels" basically counts as support because support generally means you're trying to enable someone (Which annoys me because spellbreaker can basically set up for itself as well and is easier than core, specially after damage nerf)

Different games, different terminology. ArenaNet was fairly upfront back in the day that they saw the game as having three broad roles: support (help someone else), control (hinder someone else) and damage (kill someone else).

There's definitely some overlap in sPvP, but even there it's typically seen as support being primarily about keeping your allies alive while control is locking an enemy down to kill them. 

MOBAs like LoL, on the other hand, typically doesn't has much in the way of a team buffing role, so the control roles get called support because they're usually not the ones doing damage directly.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:22 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Warriors: We need a viable support espec to round out our supportive capabilities and have support builds not bannerslave in PvE and bubble bot in WvW

Anet: Drops the most metal AF spec teaser

Warriors: Excuse us but is that a gunblade? Are those pistol barrels on the gloves?!?!?!

Warriors: *Collectively drop the cries for a support espec*

tbh, Sounds about right.

weather we like it or not, the vast majority of Players surrounding MMORPGS desire DPS Roles, not Support roles 😛 and Warrior has yet to see a Elite which is a true Powerhouse its always been 1 step behind in terms of Power creep.

its not suprising to see Warriors wanting something like this.

Edited by Daddy.8125