A handful of proposed changes.

• Reduce damage dealt by Lich autoattack. Reduce CD for lich form and/or spread some of that damage to a handful of other skills on their bar. 
  • Reduce damage coefficient on Tail Swipe for River Drake on ranger.
  • Leave damage output for core warrior where it is. Reduce CD of  Shield Stance and Endure Pain (25 seconds for Shield Stance and 30 for Endure Pain). Reduce cd of Berserker Stance to 25, and have Berserker Stance also pulse resolution for its duration.
  • Have Burst of Aggression reproc every time a Primal Burst is used. Unsplit the damage reduction for Savage Instinct so it lasts 2 seconds upon entry to Berserk mode. Reapply Savage instinct for 1 second on use of a primal burst, if Bloody Roar is taken. If this is impossible, unsplit the damage modification for Bloody Roar in PvP and return it to 20%.
  • Halve the radius of Smoke Screen. Reduce the CD of Impact Strike to 25 seconds. 
  • Have all traits that proc resistance on revenant from the Corruption line also pulse resolution for their respective durations. 
  • Reduce CD of Portal by half to account for its reduced Entre time , or return time to complete portal pair on Portal Entre/Exeunt to 60 seconds. 
  • Have Spear of Justice pulse self reveal if an enemy is tethered once per second for one second. six pulses total.
  • Reduce the cast time on Churning Earth by a half a second. Increase the base coefficient/damage of Fire Grab. Fix the targeting on the Air Elemental elite summon, it doesn't hit enemies in pvp. take 5 seconds off the cd of Arcane Shield.

• Return damage coefficients to the following.

Big Ol' Bomb

Prime Light Beam

Head Butt

Executioner's Scythe (Alternatively, allow this skill to automatically finish one downed enemy it hits.)

Final strike of Gravity Well

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
clarifications
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:
  • Reduce damage dealt by Lich autoattack. Reduce CD for lich form and/or spread some of that damage to a handful of other skills on their bar. 
  • Reduce damage coefficient on Tail Swipe for River Drake on ranger.
  • Leave damage output for core warrior where it is. Reduce CD of  Shield Stance and Endure Pain (25 seconds for Shield Stance and 30 for Endure Pain). Reduce cd of Berserker Stance to 25, and have Berserker Stance also pulse resolution for its duration.
  • Have Burst of Aggression reproc every time a Primal Burst is used. Unsplit the damage reduction for Savage Instinct so it lasts 2 seconds upon entry to Berserk mode. Reapply Savage instinct for 1 second on use of a primal burst, if Bloody Roar is taken. If this is impossible, unsplit the damage modification for Bloody Roar in PvP and return it to 20%.
  • Halve the radius of Smoke Screen. Reduce the CD of Impact Strike to 25 seconds. 
  • Have all traits that proc resistance on revenant from the Corruption line also pulse resolution for their respective durations. 
  • Reduce CD of Portal by half to account for its reduced Entre time , or return time to complete portal pair on Portal Entre/Exeunt to 60 seconds. 
  • Have Spear of Justice pulse self reveal if an enemy is tethered once per second for one second. six pulses total.
  • Reduce the cast time on Churning Earth by a half a second. Increase the base coefficient/damage of Fire Grab. Fix the targeting on the Air Elemental elite summon, it doesn't hit enemies in pvp. take 5 seconds off the cd of Arcane Shield.

• Return damage coefficients to the following.

I vote to add Azure the Heartless to dev advisory team, if one exists. Except the buffs to condi weaver, we can pass on that one.

Edited by noobfest.2180
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lich is fine there is plenty of projectile block/reflect/destruction, you can now walk into lich and he cant autoattack you like it used to, lich makes you vulnerable and having longer cd and be more impactful is just better.

Endure pain is already one of the best utilities in the game doesnt needs a buff.

Why would you buff afk spec like condi rev?

Ele dagger buffs would be nice, but why buff AI elementals lol?

• Confused 3

15 hours ago, McPero.3287 said:

Lich is fine there is plenty of projectile block/reflect/destruction, you can now walk into lich and he cant autoattack you like it used to, lich makes you vulnerable and having longer cd and be more impactful is just better.

Endure pain is already one of the best utilities in the game doesnt needs a buff.

Why would you buff afk spec like condi rev?

Ele dagger buffs would be nice, but why buff AI elementals lol?

lich is a problem, in fact. you saying that you have to use skills that 100% destroy lich is the problem.
If you have to slot a hard counter or you lose thats an issue, like honestly, if a condi spec is using power oriented skill and hits you for 4-5k with it, you should know something isnt right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

lich is a problem, in fact. you saying that you have to use skills that 100% destroy lich is the problem.
If you have to slot a hard counter or you lose thats an issue, like honestly, if a condi spec is using power oriented skill and hits you for 4-5k with it, you should know something isnt right.

All meta builds have at least one block or u have sup guard with shield / scg with cloud every single game

47 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

All meta builds have at least one block or u have sup guard with shield / scg with cloud every single game

following your logic every single projectile can be made overpowered as kitten to the extreme cuz hurr durr meta builds have reflects just use them kek. we can apply similar logic to other things
A Hey lets make 10s stun.
B : why the kitten would you do that
A : Just use stun-break looool

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Every spec can walk into lich and he cant auto you so its a hard counter every build has at its disposal. 

10 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

following your logic every single projectile can be made overpowered as kitten to the extreme cuz hurr durr meta builds have reflects just use them kek. we can apply similar logic to other things
A Hey lets make 10s stun.
B : why the kitten would you do that
A : Just use stun-break looool

I mean u counter 150s CD lich with 24s CD guard shield… idk in what point of view lich is op

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

I mean u counter 150s CD lich with 24s CD guard shield… idk in what point of view lich is op

Lich lasts 10 seconds.

Guard Shield lasts 4 seconds, and can be interrupted by unblockable Lich fear.

So you just need 3 guardians to counter 1 Lich. Seems balanced.

Edited by Ragnar.4257

Lich is totally fine. But what isn't fine is Deathly Claws, WHICH STILL, -STILL- (coming up two years since the patch which made no single hit skill have a damage coefficient higher than 2.0) has a damage coefficient higher than that baseline. On an autoattack, it has a coefficient of 2.34.

Compare that to Rampage, another transformation. Rampage autoattack is 1.6 for the first hit in the chain (2.0 on the final chain). Rampage auto is 130 range, Claws are 900 range. 

Deathly Claws should be 1.8 coefficient.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Lich is totally fine. But what isn't fine is Deathly Claws, WHICH STILL, -STILL- (coming up two years since the patch which made no single hit skill have a damage coefficient higher than 2.0) has a damage coefficient higher than that baseline. On an autoattack, it has a coefficient of 2.34.

Compare that to Rampage, another transformation. Rampage autoattack is 1.6 for the first hit in the chain (2.0 on the final chain). Rampage auto is 130 range, Claws are 900 range. 

I dont know how many times I have said that but for some reason lich has higher base damage in pvp then pve lol

Just now, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

They nerfed it by reducing the duration of lich by 33% instead of nerfing the coefficient.
I think they left it as something that can break up teamfights that end up in peanut throwing since supports can shut down allot of stuff, and Lich happens to be 10 second scare with high impact and allot of counterplay with long CD, there aren't many skill in the game that fill the same purpose. Rampage fills the same role but differently it has high defensive value with heavy cc while Lich is just damage, and Rampage counters Lich heavily, but warrior as a whole is not exactly in a good shape to do that currently. 

2 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Rampage counters Lich heavily, but warrior as a whole is not exactly in a good shape to do that currently. 

Reminds me of that time when a full berserker reaper used lich form, I used rampage. Rampage ended sooner and I died (the lichform took me to 50% from full while in rampage). Counters heavily... yeah. Sure.

26 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Reminds me of that time when a full berserker reaper used lich form, I used rampage. Rampage ended sooner and I died (the lichform took me to 50% from full while in rampage). Counters heavily... yeah. Sure.

I want to say allot of stuff but it will get me banned from the forum.

1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Lich lasts 10 seconds.

Guard Shield lasts 4 seconds, and can be interrupted by unblockable Lich fear.

So you just need 3 guardians to counter 1 Lich. Seems balanced.

All other classes have their own block / invuln / reflect

Thieves can cc lich cast, they can steal on it… war can rip stab and cc it, holo shield 5 cc it, scg can corrupt stab…………… in that time whole team can kite away from melee range and misstep / dodge attacks.

OH AND BTW, lich doesnt have any cleanse so u can force necro to exit it and enter shroud. U can also force him to exit lich by focusing him with strike dmg.

Edited by Filip.7463

9 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

All other classes have their own block / invuln / reflect

Thieves can cc lich cast, they can steal on it… war can rip stab and cc it, holo shield 5 cc it, scg can corrupt stab…………… in that time whole team can kite away from melee range and misstep / dodge attacks.

OH AND BTW, lich doesnt have any cleanse so u can force necro to exit it and enter shroud. U can also force him to exit lich by focusing him with strike dmg.

you are giving people half solutions, like " everyone run "
or " run him down as Xv1 "
If you get condi bombed you just enter shroud and eat it all up, so that doesnt work all that well.
As for dodging gl with that, you have to dodge every single basic attack, which comes every second ( assuming no quickness lol )
BTW necro has save ways of getting lich off, like using spectral walk, kiting and then porting on top of people with it, or kiting and wurm porting near the end.

1 minute ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

you are giving people half solutions, like " everyone run "
or " run him down as Xv1 "
If you get condi bombed you just enter shroud and eat it all up, so that doesnt work all that well.
As for dodging gl with that, you have to dodge every single basic attack, which comes every second ( assuming no quickness lol )
BTW necro has save ways of getting lich off, like using spectral walk, kiting and then porting on top of people with it, or kiting and wurm porting near the end.

If he gets condi bombed he enters shroud and eats it up… yeah but his lich did 0 dmg and its on full CD

i also mostly seeing lich being used as cleave damage which is healthy mechanic in current meta.

Anyways, this forum post is promoting bunker meta by increasing sustain and nerfing damage.