Is wvw pve now?

Psycoprophet.8107

On 9/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Everything you need to know about WvW in under 30 seconds.

Well, to be fair, if people are heading to a tag or defending/attacking something, they're not going to bother spending the time to fight you. Also that probably was an actual pver.

It also goes both ways. Too many people run a lot of disengaging/bunker/cc builds that are just a waste of time to fight and many others also just run away when it's not favorable. Although this applies to large scale when you see massive groups just camping bridges like here @ hills or sw tower.

Though I suppose a more typical scenario is the ranger or thief or  w/e tries to pew pew you and then jets for the Highlands when they failed to burst you.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

24 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well, to be fair, if people are heading to a tag or defending/attacking something, they're not going to bother spending the time to fight you. Also that probably was an actual pver.

It also goes both ways. Too many people run a lot of disengaging/bunker/cc builds that are just a waste of time to fight and many others also just run away when it's not favorable. Although this applies to large scale when you see massive groups just camping bridges like here @ hills or sw tower.

Though I suppose a more typical scenario is the ranger or thief or  w/e tries to pew pew you and then jets for the Highlands when they failed to burst you.

It's a SLB, I am on a melee DH, if they can't win vs that I don't know what to say, the SLB also will be the one with greater disengaging ability and CC along with the ability to bunker far better than I could. This is also not a one off, this is more the rule in WvW not the exception, I could make a video an hour long of things like this if I recorded them, I only posted this because I logged in right after reading this thread and this happened within 10mins of me logging in and I had an actual belly laugh out of it.

I even have people alt F4 when I dismount them, fight had not even started, and just alt F4. This is all people do, they avoid any combat unless they outnumber the outer side, there are very few exceptions to this. I will often spend an hour in WvW just looking for people to fight and I am often taking on 2 or 3 people solo because anyone else will run or WP right away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

It's a SLB, I am on a melee DH, if they can't win vs that I don't know what to say, the SLB also will be the one with greater disengaging ability and CC along with the ability to bunker far better than I could. This is also not a one off, this is more the rule in WvW not the exception, I could make a video an hour long of things like this if I recorded them, I only posted this because I logged in right after reading this thread and this happened within 10mins of me logging in and I had an actual belly laugh out of it.

I even have people alt F4 when I dismount them, fight had not even started, and just alt F4. This is all people do, they avoid any combat unless they outnumber the outer side, there are very few exceptions to this. I will often spend an hour in WvW just looking for people to fight and I am often taking on 2 or 3 people solo because anyone else will run or WP right away.

I find it rare that people alt-f4 unless they go down and that doesn't matter anyways.  We have no idea what that slb was running but would it have really mattered if they double leaped away anyways at 50% health?

The state of small scale is pretty bad, and due to the amount of kitten, some just choose to ignore it and/or consider it a waste of time.  And that's another thing you may have alluded to, is that a lot of 1v1s just do not stay that way. It also that breaking combat is so effective so many just choose to run.

Also @ OP, NSP has always had a lot of  PPT people.  It's just the way they choose to play the game.

15 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I find it rare that people alt-f4 unless they go down and that doesn't matter anyways.  We have no idea what that slb was running but would it have really mattered if they double leaped away anyways at 50% health?

The state of small scale is pretty bad, and due to the amount of kitten, some just choose to ignore it and/or consider it a waste of time.  And that's another thing you may have alluded to, is that a lot of 1v1s just do not stay that way. It also that breaking combat is so effective so many just choose to run.

Also @ OP, NSP has always had a lot of  PPT people.  It's just the way they choose to play the game.

How can we not know what he was running? You can see exactly what meta build he was running, and he was running LB/GS, hes running smokescale you can see him merge and even if you don't notice this after using LB he goes straight into Smoke Assault you can see the animation and the target drop from it, you can see the animation AND the buff for OWP, sic'em on his buff bar etc etc, this is something else I find amazing that people can't tell what builds people are running, but maybe that is because most people don't know or play other classes anymore.

On 9/7/2021 at 12:59 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Lol. The amount of players playing WvW "normally" probably outweigh GoB farmers 10 to 1. At least.

All we see from the "fighters" is the hypocrisy of standing on their tall piediestal complaining about PPT and how disgusting everyone not there solely for fights is, when all they do is rely on those people doing PPT to keep them in a tier that have fights or they'll move to a world which have better PPTers.

High tiers usually have worse fights because everyone is sitting on siege, even when they outnumber you. But by all means keep running yaks at 6am to get your ppt fix 🤓

7 hours ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

How can we not know what he was running? You can see exactly what meta build he was running, and he was running LB/GS, hes running smokescale you can see him merge and even if you don't notice this after using LB he goes straight into Smoke Assault you can see the animation and the target drop from it, you can see the animation AND the buff for OWP, sic'em on his buff bar etc etc, this is something else I find amazing that people can't tell what builds people are running, but maybe that is because most people don't know or play other classes anymore.

I mean, sure, but like yea those things can be like on almost every ranger build that exists, including pve lol

And yea to be fair I glanced over the video. I thought it was probably a pver.  I mean, blowing OWP on a yak when you're that close? Did he even see you when doing that?  Not that I am any good on ranger.

i mean that part surely is true too - nobody sane tries to fight a slb or thief on a zerg dps. like why would u expect us to not just disengage? it's a cheap kill for a 1v1 build against a largescale build.

that is why larger groups also sometimes target down thief/rangers, as they don't want u to scam kills by picking on the sidelines or tail of the groups.

Wvw still isn't really pvD.... as the doors don't take a ton of dmg. nobody has the patience for it, as it is basically a waste of time to 1111 gates

WvW for me is a matter of doing daily's and trying to get enough reward track xp to be able to make a legendary or two.

I don't do raids and I don't do PvP as I don't like either. How else can I get legendary components? If Anet made legendary components available elsewhere I would not do WvW.

If I'm attacked I will respond in kind - but as I'm not really  PvPer I don't really know what I'm doing nor do I really like it.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:47 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

What happened to this mode? 

Everytime I play it (na shiverpeaks) all it is is zergs running over empty keeps purposely avoiding any other zergs. U roam and see other zergs of the enemy doing the same lmao, only time they fight is if forced. Is this fun for the majority of players, is this why u play wvw these days?

Such a shame.

You can count good commanders with the fingers of your hand these days. It may sounds extreme but a good commander definitely makes a difference between losing to a smaller blob and winning against 2 huge blobs 100% of the time.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I mean, sure, but like yea those things can be like on almost every ranger build that exists, including pve lol

And yea to be fair I glanced over the video. I thought it was probably a pver.  I mean, blowing OWP on a yak when you're that close? Did he even see you when doing that?  Not that I am any good on ranger.

You and I both know hes running the cookie cutter sic'em build, he blew both on the yak because he knew I was behind him and he wanted to insta kill it, which is why he dodged after killing it (so I would not be able to lance him and get him in combat) and then WPed right away.

Here is another one from just after my last posting, it's a 3vs1, and I am the solo, it's a ranger, thief and mirage, I am outnumbered, their zerg just took our bay (we don't even have 5 people on the map) and yet after going in solo the mirage just straight up bails on the fight. Yet again proving the OPs point, WvW is just nothing but PvE players who will avoid fights at all cost unless they are 100% sure they can steam roll over you.

3 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

That guy doesn't want to fight, what's the problem?

Did you not read the Title of this thread or the OP?

Just now, Telgum.6071 said:

Yes, the OP is asking if WvW is PvE now and why zergs are running into empty keeps. What does that have to do with a rando that doesn't want to fight with you? WvW is not sPvP, you know.

Yes, he is talking about people running from fights or avoiding other players, just like my video. Not that hard to get.

13 minutes ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Yes, he is talking about people running from fights or avoiding other players, just like my video. Not that hard to get.

Do you get the difference between zergs doing exclusively PPT or karma traing and a certain player that doesn't want to fight you? Again, do you understand WvW is not sPvP? Do you get this, that was wrote by Arenanet just yesterday?

Some players enjoy fights, some enjoy taking objectives, and some enjoy running away from fights (he-he). Experiences can even vary wildly between shards

Look at your own video dude, you are almost lvl 5.000 and won a fight against a Scout (lvl 20), a Squire (lvl 40) and a Major (lvl 70), do you expect them to win or to not run away? What a kitten show WvW is right? Everything is filled with low level players /s.

I wouldn't dare to say that WvW is PvE based on personal experiences, specially after all the fights I go through every single day. Most likely you are on a low population server or you just enjoy fighting WvW newcomers.

PS.:

World versus World - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

World vs. World (also known as WvW) is a game mode combining Player versus Player and Player versus Environment elements. 

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Do you get the difference between zergs doing exclusively PPT or karma traing and a certain player that doesn't want to fight you? Again, do you understand WvW is not sPvP? Do you get this, that was wrote by Arenanet just yesterday?

Some players enjoy fights, some enjoy taking objectives, and some enjoy running away from fights (he-he). Experiences can even vary wildly between shards

Look at your own video dude, you are almost lvl 5.000 and won a fight against a Scout (lvl 20), a Squire (lvl 40) and a Major (lvl 70), do you expect them to win or to not run away? What a kitten show WvW is right? Everything is filled with low level players /s.

I wouldn't dare to say that WvW is PvE based on personal experiences, specially after all the fights I go through every single day. Most likely you are on a low population server or you just enjoy fighting WvW newcomers.

PS.:

World versus World - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

World vs. World (also known as WvW) is a game mode combining Player versus Player and Player versus Environment elements. 

Do you not get what this thread is about? If you don't like it oh well.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

You and I both know hes running the cookie cutter sic'em build, he blew both on the yak because he knew I was behind him and he wanted to insta kill it, which is why he dodged after killing it (so I would not be able to lance him and get him in combat) and then WPed right away.

I mean I guess. I just don't think anyone that blows all their cooldowns on a yak when they can see other players. is anything but a daily/pip farmer. You aren't wrong that these are literally pve players. Doubt they'd put up anything fight worth talking about.

Here is another one from just after my last posting, it's a 3vs1, and I am the solo, it's a ranger, thief and mirage, I am outnumbered, their zerg just took our bay (we don't even have 5 people on the map) and yet after going in solo the mirage just straight up bails on the fight. Yet again proving the OPs point, WvW is just nothing but PvE players who will avoid fights at all cost unless they are 100% sure they can steam roll over you.

All of them were less than bronze rank, no condi  clears, barely moved.  I guess the thief kinda tried. I mean these players are just very new to the game. Not sure why you'd expect anything but to clobber them or for them to run.

If you keep running into that, I guess it sucks; maybe your time zone is dead or contains only karma trainers, or the matchup is crap. SoS in particular is a bad server to be matched up against if you are NA, for example because they are mostly OCX.

I'm not saying you're wrong. There are many more players that know what they are doing that won't fight you without an advantage. But these pve/bot players aren't really the issue because there's not much they can do.

edit: Actually this week seems just dead af; maybe the festival?