A bunch of questions

Pheex.8932

Hi hi

Sorry for the big list of questions but I've come nowhere with google searches..

I hope some of you might be able to answer them!

1) How can I turn on permanent hp bars of allies in open world (that are not in my squad but for world bosses etc)
2) How can I see my targets target without the target assist crosshair thing, can I just see my targets target or assist my target without them using this crosshair thing?
3) Can I turn off yellow and grey mob names but keep the red names that try to actually kill me without screen clutter of critter names?
4) Can I see enemy cast bars / attack names outside of combat log damage? Or is it purely animation cues only
5) Can I somehow make the combat log show seconds it's kinda useless with just minutes in timestamp

Thanks!

You can't see your target's target or enemy cast bars because they wanted a simple UI, no (or minimal) threat mechanics, and a focus on watching for enemy telegraphs and actively avoiding them rather than watching UI elements and reacting to those.  There are no ally-targeted effects to heal enemy target anyway and taunts are extremely limited and only work on trash.

Let me guess: you come from Aion? :D

1) you can't (and it would probably be a mess in any case, during meta events)
2) you can't; or better, rather than see it from a bar, you can tell it from the combat
3) nope; the closest option would be probably to disable "Show All Enemy Names", to only see your targets
4) this is why I said Aion (but it's common to many MMORPGs in the end): there is no cast bar in GW2, you must pay attention to the fight. If an enemy is going to raise his arm to the sky, then it probably means that he's going to smash that hammer on you, so better to move. This makes fights more realistic, but quite difficult if there are many players covering the boss (or even just 1 with a legendary weapon/trinket, until ArenaNet doesn't give us the option to hide these effects).

I remember for example the story mode of Honor of the Waves (a dungeon): if you don't dodge when the boss is raising his warhorn, a storm of birds will likely kill you. But seeing the animation may be difficult in group.
5) this would be a good suggestion, especially in PvP. I would also like to see who used a finisher on me (sometimes they seem to arrive from players who are very far away, and I'm just... HOW?)

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 11:41 PM, Urud.4925 said:

Let me guess: you come from Aion? 😄

1) you can't (and it would probably be a mess in any case, during meta events)
2) you can't; or better, rather than see it from a bar, you can tell it from the combat
3) nope; the closest option would be probably to disable "Show All Enemy Names", to only see your targets
4) this is why I said Aion (but it's common to many MMORPGs in the end): there is no cast bar in GW2, you must pay attention to the fight. If an enemy is going to raise his arm to the sky, then it probably means that he's going to smash that hammer on you, so better to move. This makes fights more realistic, but quite difficult if there are many players covering the boss (or even just 1 with a legendary weapon/trinket, until ArenaNet doesn't give us the option to hide these effects).

I remember for example the story mode of Honor of the Waves (a dungeon): if you don't dodge when the boss is raising his warhorn, a storm of birds will likely kill you. But seeing the animation may be difficult in group.
5) this would be a good suggestion, especially in PvP. I would also like to see who used a finisher on me (sometimes they seem to arrive from players who are very far away, and I'm just... HOW?)

I appreciate the response! Too bad about the options, and while I have played some Aion in the past, it came to mind after playing WoW where any enemy always shows which spell they're casting either in pvp or pve, so you can interrupt / spend cc accordingly 🙂

And about the targeting thing, sometimes theres huge open world zergs with tons of adds and it's almost impossible to target the big bad so an assist would shine there

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Pheex.8932 said:

And about the targeting thing, sometimes theres huge open world zergs with tons of adds and it's almost impossible to target the big bad so an assist would shine there

You can set an enemy target and recall it if needed, check your keybinds. Its shown for the party (or yourself if not in a party). Commanders have additional target and ground markers.

Friendlies arent "assisted" by targetting like that. Its all AoE, much of it passive. There is a reason everyone stack on a point.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

You can set an enemy target and recall it if needed, check your keybinds. Its shown for the party (or yourself if not in a party). Commanders have additional target and ground markers.

Friendlies arent "assisted" by targetting like that. Its all AoE, much of it passive. There is a reason everyone stack on a point.

I addressed this in the OP.

Edited by Pheex.8932