Are living world chapters important to have?

Basheybashey.4385

Hello all, old player returning after a very long break (as in hadnt played since vanilla GW2 launch lol). I see all these living world chapters and I have a few unlocked, though not all but I know its because I wasnt there. What I wanted to know with these is that, are they important for anything other than story? I'm not all that invested in the story of this game, so I'm not sure its worth spending money on them if thats all they really offer. I am mostly a Fractal/Dungeon kind of player, haven't tried raids yet.

They are essential to the story (you will have gaps if you don't play it chronologically), plus many contain a lot of ascended trinkets and other extremely useful equipment and items that you might not get anywhere else. The achievements are often fun, too (not all, some are grindy), and the achievement points are another nice bonus.

The two biggest things that you'll be missing without Living World are the Roller Beetle and Skyscale mounts, and you'd need Path of Fire to use either mount anyways. It's been a while since I did both collections, so I can't remember off the top of my head if LW season 4 (the one they are currently giving away) is enough to fully complete both.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They are essential to the story (you will have gaps if you don't play it chronologically), plus many contain a lot of ascended trinkets and other extremely useful equipment and items that you might not get anywhere else. The achievements are often fun, too (not all, some are grindy), and the achievement points are another nice bonus.

Aah so there is actual useful stuff scattered through out them, I will have to pick them up then, thanks for that!

• Like 1

LWS3 is great for ascended trinkets and ascended aqua breathers, both of which are useful for instances. I’m not a big fractal guy, but I don’t think you can get stat selectable ascended trinkets from fractals nearly as fast as you can from LWS. LWS4 also has some ascended trinkets, but LWS3 is better.

• Like 1

They're worth getting, especially if you care about the story of the game.

There's a bunch of stuff in some of them too such as new mounts, new maps, armours, weapons resources  and currencies etc.
You don't "need" them so to speak but they have added a significant amount of stuff to the game so if you ask me, I would say yes.. definitely get them but ultimately it's your choice.

• Like 1