map transition with a party and arriving on different versions of the same map

a lot of times when i am in a party and we transition into a map through a map portal or a waypoint at least 1 of us will load into a different version of the map , we see each others blue dot on the mini map but the character will not be on the screen and 1 of us will be forced to use a teleport to a friend item or spend the next 5 min waypointing in and out to the same map , why ? why won't we just be loaded onto the same map since we are in the same party? i have never had this issue before , i have been playing guild wars since gw1 and gw2 beta and this has never been an issue before 2 weeks ago.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, silent celestial.6438 said:

a lot of times when i am in a party and we transition into a map through a map portal or a waypoint at least 1 of us will load into a different version of the map , we see each others blue dot on the mini map but the character will not be on the screen and 1 of us will be forced to use a teleport to a friend item or spend the next 5 min waypointing in and out to the same map , why ? why won't we just be loaded onto the same map since we are in the same party? i have never had this issue before , i have been playing guild wars since gw1 and gw2 beta and this has never been an issue before 2 weeks ago.

It happens when the map hits its soft cap. In that case, any further players will be automatically placed in new instances, and the only way to enter that soft-capped map would be by manually using a "join in map" on someone already present.