ANet: Liadri and the Arena Achievements.

Dracula.1709

I agree this is just frustrating. It's a fun game but every so often their are these things which just suck all the enjoyment out of the game. Let's just throw everything we have at the player so it's almost impossible to dodge or you have to wait for some item to spawn just to drag the fight even longer. This fight is a good example, everything at once. Ow and instant dead is never a good game mechanic. It's the same when playing a board game and drawing a card which says you loose. Not fun.

I work and can't spend hours of a day learning some fight or spend hours replacing gear because my current setup it's impossible to finish a fight. I already skipped some things but doing that to often it's just makes me think why bother with the game at all. Can't really imagine it's something the developers want to achieve. Even Star Trek Online did it better. An extremely grinding game but at least you could make some baby steps each session and the festivals you didn't have a pain in the kitten thing.

Sorry I'm just frustrated and had to vent because I like the game but it just to often throws some ridiculous things at you but behind that they're some nice goodies which I know I would never get.

• Confused 1

You know I'll bite although I know I shouldn't. The real hilarious thing here it's you calling other people selfish yet making a selfish statement yourself.  It's like you don't want to see it from a different perspective and only yours. If you want more challenging content that's fine but why can't other people enjoy the same content on a lower difficulty. In the end it's a game and it's about having fun and what does it matter if people do it at a different difficulty. Maybe ArenaNet could make different difficulty levels so everyone could enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@Gruber.7140"You know I'll bite although I know I shouldn't. The real hilarious thing here it's you calling other people selfish yet making a selfish statement yourself.  It's like you don't want to see it from a different perspective and only yours. If you want more challenging content that's fine but why can't other people enjoy the same content on a lower difficulty. In the end it's a game and it's about having fun and what does it matter if people do it at a different difficulty. Maybe ArenaNet could make different difficulty levels so everyone could enjoy it."

The thing is- why do those who can't beat it even bother? It's not like those achievements grant anything meaningfull in any way. Some AP and a Mini, that's it. It's not gateing anyone from the content they enjoy.
Personally I play since late september 2012, so I witnessed every Gauntlet so far. And I'd call myself a rather dedicated player. Guess what? This is the first year I took my time to do some of the Gauntlet achievements, can't even tell you why. And I'm still missing 8 orbs and Turai though. May be I'll do them this year, may be next, may be never at all. So what? There's plenty to do for me in Tyria anyway and it doesn't hold me back from playing anything else, so why would I rant about those achievements?
I don't PvP in GW2, but I really like Llamas. Should I go torches and pitchforks about the Llama Minis being only available via PvP? I certainly won't, if one day it'd be that important to me, it's my decision wether I take my time and get into PvP or not.

Edited by Nash.2681
Didn't add the quote...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ow if this was the only thing than I would definitely agree with you but as I said before it's not the first time I run against this frustration. Now I could just skip it every time and let the frustration build up and leave but I don't think ArenaNet is helped with that. So I choice to voice my experience and hope for something better.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Gruber.7140 said:

Ow if this was the only thing than I would definitely agree with you but as I said before it's not the first time I run against this frustration. Now I could just skip it every time and let the frustration build up and leave but I don't think ArenaNet is helped with that. So I choice to voice my experience and hope for something better.

Nothing wrong with voicing your experience and expectations, just accept that they might be rather individual .

See, I work full time myself and have other RL stuff going on aswell, so I don't let that count as an excuse. Time spent and dedication don't neccesary have a linear correlation.

Pretty much everything in GW2 PvE is of low to max. moderate difficulty (open world, story, dungeons) which everyone who has at least some gaming experience or is willing to invest a minimum into getting used to game and its mechanics should be able to beat without much hassle (note: my definition of "not much hassle" does not mean "succeding at everything by pressing 1 and not paying attention"; it may include some moderate amount of try and error and a learning process of which one usually benefits on the long run). Then there's also conent that already has different difficulty settings (fractals; or if the first category is still too hard- party up to trivialise pretty much everything). Only exception I see in PvE would be raids, which on the other hand are a very niche content anyway.

So if the game's difficulty is still frustrating you ever so often, the issue might be in you and not the game and the way it's designed?

• Thanks 2

To add to what others have said, these aren't time-limited to just this year. They'll come back every Festival of the Four winds so if you are not having fun, you can just come back to them another year when you've got more gold to experiment with builds or when you are more comfortable with your ability to tackle them. I've been playing since launch and only decided to tackle the gauntlet properly last year, they're not going anywhere! 🙂

Another thing is that not all content is for everyone, if it's ruining your ability to enjoy the game this much I'd try to pay less attention to the achievement panel and just do what you enjoy instead. These gauntlet achieves are completely optional and a couple of AP and a mini pet and title isn't going to put you at any disadvantage in the game at all. It's almost like someone seeing the Ogre Slayer achievement and getting mad that all they're doing is grinding ogres every day, when that's entirely their choice.

IMO this kind of content is great. A lot of the story content and dungeons and other stuff in this game are very easy, so having content like this, that bites back a little more gives people something to strive towards. Like 'Hey, one day I'm going to be good enough at my class that I'm gonna get those two gauntlet titles' which is awesome! It really makes you think about your build and what skills you've got on your utility bar to help aid you in the fights too. I hope we get more gauntlet bosses in the future, it's really a great piece of content 🙂

• Thanks 2