Hidden Arcana story mission is horrible

Baroquen.2748

16 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

"I hate content" is not feedback. It's venting, just like OP said. It is, therefore, useless as a basis for improvement, should Anet decide to take this thread to heart. How would you improve the content based on OP's post? I don't have the faintest idea, and neither would Anet.

Listening to feedback and fulfilling each player's complaint when they find something hard are two very different things, by the way.

it may not be feedback to you, but im am pretty sure , that any professional could use it for something.

remember the raid threads before they actually made them? it was basically nothing other than "i like this content, and i want it in this game too". and just take a look at how THAT turned out. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

it may not be feedback to you, but im am pretty sure , that any professional could use it for something.

remember the raid threads before they actually made them? it was basically nothing other than "i like this content, and i want it in this game too". and just take a look at how THAT turned out. 

Ok, imagine putting together an outfit for yourself. You look in the mirror and you feel confident. You feel this is the best you have ever looked in your life. You go out for a drink or two and suddenly a person you are interested in getting to know comes up to you and says "I absolutely hate how you look" and then kittens off.

Would you have any idea what they thought you should change? The shirt? The trousers? Less hair product? Is there something in your teeth? Without specifics you just shrug once and then try to chat up (pick up, if you are American) someone else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Ok, imagine putting together an outfit for yourself. You look in the mirror and you feel confident. You feel this is the best you have ever looked in your life. You go out for a drink or two and suddenly a person you are interested in getting to know comes up to you and says "I absolutely hate how you look" and then kittens off.

Would you have any idea what they thought you should change? The shirt? The trousers? Less hair product? Is there something in your teeth? Without specifics you just shrug once and then try to chat up (pick up, if you are American) someone else.

this is a very poor analogy, since i dont make a living as a model. the correct analogy would be, that i told the

starbucks boss, that i hate coffee, and that i wont spend a dime in his shop.

one guy? no problem. but when you have millions, who are saying the same, the boss would be smart to put 

tea and cocoa on the menu too. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

this is a very poor analogy, since i dont make a living as a model. the correct analogy would be, that i told the

one guy? no problem. but when you have millions, who are saying the same, the boss would be smart to put 

Great. And the poor guy still wouldn't know what's wrong with the coffee.

Just now, MikeG.6389 said:

Great. And the poor guy still wouldn't know what's wrong with the coffee.

nothing is wrong with the coffee for those, who likes to drink it. and that is the entire point; that not everybody drinks coffee.

does starbucks actualy sell tea and cocoa too? never been to one, since i only associate it with coffee

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

nothing is wrong with the coffee for those, who likes to drink it. and that is the entire point; that not everybody drinks coffee.

Translated to OP's issue: If nothing is wrong with the content, then what should Anet actually do about this complaint?

1 minute ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Translated to OP's issue: If nothing is wrong with the content, then what should Anet actually do about this complaint?

allocate resources to make some content, that is entirely different from this one. the sunken cost fallacy is their ally to a certain point. but when the chain snaps, it becomes their biggest enemy

• Confused 1

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

allocate resources to make some content, that is entirely different from this one. the sunken cost fallacy is their ally to a certain point. but when the chain snaps, it becomes their biggest enemy

I don't know what you are talking about here, but Anet don't have the habit of going back to past content to rework or replace (??) them. Good luck.

54 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I don't know what you are talking about here, but Anet don't have the habit of going back to past content to rework or replace (??) them. Good luck.

yea, nerfs are totally unkown here. they didnt implement a no fly zone near JPs. they didnt revamp the skill system.

and they didnt make the zhaitan fight soloable either. its all a question about time and money.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, battledrone.8315 said:

yea, nerfs are totally unkown here. they didnt implement a no fly zone near JPs. they didnt revamp the skill system.

and they didnt make the zhaitan fight soloable either. its all a question about time and money.

No-fly zones were needed because of the mounts. They were implemented with PoF, i.e. it was part of the expansion's development.

The skill system is the backbone of the game's primary mechanic. It's constantly worked on.

The Zhaitan fight is an outlier. It used to be the only Story Journal entry in the entire game that mandated grouping up.

Hidden Arcana is arguably a more challenging story step than most, you can say that. What is unreasonable is expecting Anet to come up with entirely new content to replace it with because some players find it TOO challenging. That is something they have never done and never should.

10 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

I get your point. Some businesses try to be all things to all people.

But there is a place for a business to reply, “Well, our vision is really for coffee. We are focused on making the most amazing coffee experience we can. There’s a great tea shop down the street, I can pull up the address for you if you’d like.”

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

No-fly zones were needed because of the mounts. They were implemented with PoF, i.e. it was part of the expansion's development.

The skill system is the backbone of the game's primary mechanic. It's constantly worked on.

The Zhaitan fight is an outlier. It used to be the only Story Journal entry in the entire game that mandated grouping up.

Hidden Arcana is arguably a more challenging story step than most, you can say that. What is unreasonable is expecting Anet to come up with entirely new content to replace it with because some players find it TOO challenging. That is something they have never done and never should.

lol if you think they were "needed". WHY was it it needed. and why  is is the ONLY progression system that gets disabled on a whim?

if it was "needed", then there should be NO PROGRESSION AT ALL. some fun RPG , right?

and this mission is clearly an outlier too. 

lets see how the next expansion does. lets see how many paying customers they have left now.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I get your point. Some businesses try to be all things to all people.

But there is a place for a business to reply, “Well, our vision is really for coffee. We are focused on making the most amazing coffee experience we can. There’s a great tea shop down the street, I can pull up the address for you if you’d like.”

considering how casual most of the core game is, thats a hoot. and it was the success (and difficulty level) of the core 

game, that actually PAID for the expansions. the whaling is strong in this one....

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

lol if you think they were "needed". WHY was it it needed. and why  is is the ONLY progression system that gets disabled on a whim?

if it was "needed", then there should be NO PROGRESSION AT ALL. some fun RPG , right?

and this mission is clearly an outlier too. 

lets see how the next expansion does. lets see how many paying customers they have left now.

I don't even understand what you are on about here... I think you don't, either. What progression system was disabled?

Hidden Arcana is not an exceptionally hard piece of content. It's not the "smash-the-keyboard-until-everything-is-dead" kind of story content, sure, but rarely any of it is, outside the core game. I don't understand why you think it's an outlier.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

I don't even understand what you are on about here... I think you don't, either. What progression system was disabled?

Hidden Arcana is not an exceptionally hard piece of content. It's not the "smash-the-keyboard-until-everything-is-dead" kind of story content, sure, but rarely any of it is, outside the core game. I don't understand why you think it's an outlier.

the progression system in pof was mounts. and the no fly zone disables that progression system. do you want to argue that

statement? they even disable gliding, which was the progression system of the first expansion too.

we are literally in a thread discussing how horrible THIS mission is. and if the core came sucked THIS much, then there would never had been the funding for any expansions at all

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

the progression system in pof was mounts. and the no fly zone disables that progression system. do you want to argue that

statement? they even disable gliding, which was the progression system of the first expansion too.

we are literally in a thread discussing how horrible THIS mission is. and if the core came sucked THIS much, then there would never had been the funding for any expansions at all

Introducing no-fly zones around JP's is NOT "disabling the mount progression system." Are you kidding here? Yes, I would want to argue that statement because it's beyond ludicrous, but it's also severely off-topic. I made the mistake of paying attention to it when you first mentioned the idea.

If we were discussing HOW this mission is horrible, instead of some of you simply complaining that it is, this thread would have more merit. Then again, this is not the first time someone found a piece of content that showed them just how incapable they are at adapting to new mechanics, to the point that they condemned the whole game to hell in their frustration.

• Thanks 3

On 10/26/2021 at 7:06 AM, MikeG.6389 said:

Introducing no-fly zones around JP's is NOT "disabling the mount progression system." Are you kidding here? Yes, I would want to argue that statement because it's beyond ludicrous, but it's also severely off-topic. I made the mistake of paying attention to it when you first mentioned the idea.

If we were discussing HOW this mission is horrible, instead of some of you simply complaining that it is, this thread would have more merit. Then again, this is not the first time someone found a piece of content that showed them just how incapable they are at adapting to new mechanics, to the point that they condemned the whole game to hell in their frustration.

okay, so its not disabled. you just cant use them WHEN YOU WANT TO. big difference, right?

and when other mmos make new systems, they usully try to make something, that makes the players feel better and stronger,

not something, that makes the player frustrated and leave the game

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

okay, so its not disabled. you just cant use them WHEN YOU WANT TO. big difference, right?

and when other mmos make new systems, they usully try to make something, that makes the players feel better and stronger,

not something, that makes the player frustrated and leave the game

You are still trying to drag this thread off-topic. Stay on target.

Or, if you are frustrated, take a break.

• Thanks 2