I am tired of everything about this "competitive spvp" JUST WISH ONE THING

Miliano.8432

On 9/9/2021 at 6:28 AM, bluri.2653 said:

What would that solve other than theres no longer a leaderboard with titles? 😅 You'd still have the same issues with matches

well the people who want to play competitively wouldn't have to deal with bots or match manipulation. as long as theres gold to grind in the new unranked there will be bots tho ofc.

12 hours ago, bluri.2653 said:

You are saying Anet balanced the combat for higher level pvp for kiting? My god this is comedy at this point

Lol it was actually meant to be funny, but it was getting late and what was in my head didn't make it fully into the post.

The real comedy was the implication that ANet balances things.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012

SO we are all agree then where "competitiveness" is a non existent thing, we the people should have at least the option to disable league panel and play ranked with chill vibes, i mean, not wonder why anet failed miserably when first try to make spvp of gw2 an e-sports

Edited by Miliano.8432

31 minutes ago, Miliano.8432 said:

SO we are all agree then where "competitiveness" is a non existent thing, we the people should have at least the option to disable league panel and play ranked with chill vibes, i mean, not wonder why anet failed miserably when first try to make spvp of gw2 an e-sports

No. You can just... play ranked and ignore the league panel if it bothers you that much. I know it might seem difficult, but having done it myself, I can assure you that once you stop caring, there's really no stress behind it.

It's how I found out I'm really a gold 3 player, when I thought I was plat 1-2. I can stay in 1550 -1600 if I play the minimum matches and queue carefully, but that is artificially high for me. If I just queue ranked when I want and play how much I want without caring, I naturally end up in gold 3. At first it kind of bothered me, but I reached a point of ignoring mmr and league panel much faster than I thought.

Just try to ignore it, if you have no rank goals. You might be surprised at how easy it is.

13 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

No. You can just... play ranked and ignore the league panel if it bothers you that much. I know it might seem difficult, but having done it myself, I can assure you that once you stop caring, there's really no stress behind it.

It's how I found out I'm really a gold 3 player, when I thought I was plat 1-2. I can stay in 1550 -1600 if I play the minimum matches and queue carefully, but that is artificially high for me. If I just queue ranked when I want and play how much I want without caring, I naturally end up in gold 3. At first it kind of bothered me, but I reached a point of ignoring mmr and league panel much faster than I thought.

Just try to ignore it, if you have no rank goals. You might be surprised at how easy it is.

Thats the problem here, i mean how in a game in order to climb you have to play carefully and in certain times of the day, thats shouldtn be a problem to worried about,  the rating between players here fluctuate  so much and thats is a problem of the leagues itself.

1 hour ago, Miliano.8432 said:

Thats the problem here, i mean how in a game in order to climb you have to play carefully and in certain times of the day, thats shouldtn be a problem to worried about,  the rating between players here fluctuate  so much and thats is a problem of the leagues itself.

Yes and no.

We'll start with the "not a problem" part: in any competitive activity, picking and choosing which events to compete in can always increase your rank. Ranked pvp in GW2 is no exception. Even if the game was perfectly balanced, if you know the people you have a hard time winning against always queue at a certain time, you can increase your chances of winning by queuing outside those times. There's nothing ANet can really do about that.

The "yes it is a problem" comes from how dramatic the difference is when it comes to selective queuing. As I found out many seasons ago, I went from struggling to get out of gold 2 all the way up to being comfortable in the middle of plat 1. Plat 1 is not that good, of course, but for me that represents a 200 point difference in rating. With wins at that level for me being +5 to +9 points only, that's like getting 10 to 20 free wins just for playing less.

So looking at that, you might think the solution is just to have the ranking system somehow account for your individual performance. That is much, much, much more difficult to do. One example from this season: the enemy team had a very skilled herald who could easily hold a 1v2 or 1v3 at our home point. But instead of playing his game, we left a very good duelist there to keep home capped, while 3 of us went to mid, and our thief moved very quickly between decapping enemy home and coming back to help us at mid. The other team was therefore forced to always send 1 player at home, and only 3 to mid. Our thief was so fast that every single teamfight at mid became a 4v3 in my team's favor.

At the end, our duelist at home was so good at pushing/pulling the herald off point that he didn't even get top defense. Our thief did get top offense, but his work was only rewarded because (1) the enemy team always took the bait and sent 1 person home, and (2) our thief was good enough that he could always come back to mid to make it a 4v3. The rest of us did more healing, damage, and kills, but our contribution to the win depended totally on our side node people being good at their jobs.

There are way too many data problems to solve here. We won because we found a way to solve the persistent problem presented by the enemy herald, but the other team could not solve the problem of our thief. I know English is not your first language so I won't try to have a more complicated discussion than this, but let's just say that in my opinion, it ANet would basically have to create a revolutionary AI in order to properly measure this. Not worth the effort.

• Like 1