Anet please change how chat works

trunks.5249

i put my commander tag on to help kill bosses and call out %  so we could get gold. then after a while you guys cut my chat off and i couldn't call out . i get you have your reasons for cutting people off. however under things like this i should be able to tell map whats going on. maybe add an event chat or a chat for all the commanders to chat to each other

Edited by trunks.5249

The chat spam prevention is overly sensitive, but it still shouldn't be a problem for calling out Pavilion bosses. It will censor you more quickly if you're saying exactly the same thing, or almost exactly the same thing each time and also if no one else is talking.

You only need to report progress on your boss occasionally. I'd say once about a minute in to get an idea of whether groups need to rebalance, then every 25% and maybe at 10% in case your group needs to stop or other groups have been waiting for you to catch up. If it's going quickly enough that those updates will be very close together you can skip some. If you're confident other groups are keeping up just go for it and don't worry about updates, if you think you're way ahead of them focus on telling your group to stop or move to other bosses (which you should be putting in say chat instead of map, which will also help avoid the censor).

It can help to vary the wording slightly (for example "BBB 90%" "Boom 74" etc.) but also other groups should be calling out their progress in between your updates which will help stop the censor from silencing you. If they're not it's better to ask how they're doing than keep calling yours out and hope they get the idea.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

I'm an absolute chatterbox in /map when I play this event and I've never had this happen to me. How often were you calling out progress exactly? every 10% on boom. however my mistake might have been staying with boom all day i figured since i am farming pirate's i  might has well stay there

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The chat spam prevention is overly sensitive, but it still shouldn't be a problem for calling out Pavilion bosses. It will censor you more quickly if you're saying exactly the same thing, or almost exactly the same thing each time and also if no one else is talking.

You only need to report progress on your boss occasionally. I'd say once about a minute in to get an idea of whether groups need to rebalance, then every 25% and maybe at 10% in case your group needs to stop or other groups have been waiting for you to catch up. If it's going quickly enough that those updates will be very close together you can skip some. If you're confident other groups are keeping up just go for it and don't worry about updates, if you think you're way ahead of them focus on telling your group to stop or move to other bosses (which you should be putting in say chat instead of map, which will also help avoid the censor).

It can help to vary the wording slightly (for example "BBB 90%" "Boom 74" etc.) but also other groups should be calling out their progress in between your updates which will help stop the censor from silencing you. If they're not it's better to ask how they're doing than keep calling yours out and hope they get the idea.

i was saying boom at a % all day so maybe i should change bosses every now and again

Maybe suggest to your groups that they only call out at 75, 50, 25, and like 15 or 10?  No need to constantly call out 83, 62, 57...not saying OP does, but I've been on some maps that it gets a little overkill on.  Especially now with the improvements made on the boss scaling, the coordination is a lot more forgiving.  I've been calling out percentages all week, also haven't had any problems, but yes if you're a comm or mentor it can be a nuisance.

• Like 1