Ranger rework, for druid and core pets

Ranger pets have an unfair design, they stun for free (smokescale, gazelle, etc...) do 10k.hizs out of nowhere (drake, bird) and for many people in an competetiv environment it feels unfair 

So here is my idea:

Give core Ranger an f5, with one more f skill you can use it for a second pet skill that is a stun or a big dmg hit, for druid and soul East, these skills do jot exist anymore, on druid you can delete the Stat reduction and for slb you can increase the Stat buff when merged again. 

No ai will just slap you away while the Ranger is basically afk, yes I know you can trigger the skills with the f1 but you have no CD timer and there is still more than 1 skill. 

This would also Allow more control for the pet and less random stuff. 

In pve people wouldn't see any difference most of the time 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Yeah but pet ai is stupid unfair, random ccs shouldn't ever be a thing 

But then you will complain because "dps from an AI shouldn't ever be a thing" .

As for you Pet AI is part of the class if you don't like it just play another class.

Against other players and fairness aside the point every class in this game has some absurd interaction / mechanic, pets would need a deeper rework than just assign the knockdown to F5 as i wrote in the forum post linked below.  

The changes i proposed there would  fix not all but most of the complains with the pets (from mains and also from other players). If some of us could get behind an idea it would give a clear direction for anet to know what the players are expecting from the pet mechanic. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 5:30 PM, Avatar.3568 said:

Yeah but pet ai is stupid unfair, random ccs shouldn't ever be a thing 

The CC's aren't random...?

Take KD for instance, smokeskale, dog, etc. will use it right after swap (believe SS teles first then does it).  Birds tend to waste their swap on area swiftness--the 'big damage' skill is literally their F2 that is player triggered.

Anyway, I mean yeah, if the player never pet swaps or merges then the pet CCs can get a bit on the 'random' side, but that's nearly impossible in a competitive setting unless you are terrible.  

Also rangers DO have an F5 skill...it is usually tied to CA or SB merge.

So I get you 'main ranger', but you may want to main it more.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The CC's aren't random...?

They are when you argue with people that are fine with all the problems of having an AI mechanic, but not fine with the fact that having an AI mechanic means you need to be aware of two entities when fighting that particular class.

Pet skills have cooldowns, playing against rangers means you need to know the tell and the cooldowns of commonly used pet skills (which is gonna be smokescale 90 % of the time), just like the cooldowns for any other skill on any other class.

It's easier to call it random and ask for nerfs. Random makes it sound unfair.

Edited by Lazze.9870