"Be my guest" bug...

4 hours ago, floppydisk.8579 said:

you need to use the signet ring.

4 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

The Wiki page with the walkthrough of each section may be of use to you, but as mentioned above, you need to use the Signet ring special action to reveal Joko and the Will of Joko.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Be_My_Guest

I know that, I did use that, but towards the end it didn’t work. 

I had this happened around the last few % on him.

I saw this bug noted on the wiki, but I feel like it deserves attention + fix, and not a note on the wiki like that’s supposed to help the issue.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I experienced the same bug playing through Living World S4E3: Be My Guest. I used the signet ring throughout the mission to reveal traps. And I also used the signet ring to reveal the "Will of Joko" enemies in the final room. But at a certain point Joko/Jokos stopped appearing. I was left in a room with nothing but the Bloated Plague Scarabs. The "restarting from checkpoint" option did not help. Based on this thread it sound like it will eventually work if I wait a little while (I'll retry tomorrow).

Update: I logged in today and I completed the mission without any bugs. I completely exited the quest yesterday and I was expecting to replay the entire quest today. But when I entered the instance I was placed in the final room (I am very thankful for that).

Edited by dizzy.9263
Update

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 11, 2023.  This is my first time in here, but I can confirm, it's still broken. We spent an hour in there and Joko just won't reappear.  The ring reveals 2 wills of Joko, but neither take damage, the scarab wall of death comes by about every 30 seconds, and well, nothing there to fight.  Jesus A-Net, 2 YEARS and no fix??  This is crucial for getting a skyscale, so you would think it would warrant some attention. Decade's Devotion indeed. I'm asking myself why a lot lately. 

• 2 months later...

January 7, 2024. Still not fixed. The best way I found to avoid this issue is to attack joko using only auto attacks. I believe the bug is caused by killing joko too fast and not letting him get through all of his lines of dialog. Hope this helps. Good luck friends.

• 8 months later...