Personal Guild and server transfer

Loules.8601

I heard that the guild is "tied" to the server on which it was created (primarily in the context of "WvW"), so I have a couple of questions. I will be grateful for any help.
I and a couple of friends, at the start of GW2, created a guild in which there were only three of us. We were engaged in the guild for a long time and work hard, until we stopped playing at that time (the beginning of LW1, even before the guild rework).
A year ago, I started returning to the game (having finally left WoW after 14 or 15 years) and decided to revive our old guild.

1) I was thinking about transferring to another server (together with friends), but the question is... if I transfer myself and all the guild members to another server, then the guild (and we together with it) will be tied to the original server, not new one (if all players will be from new server)?
P.S. I know about the planned GvG, but it's still at the testing stage and it's not quite clear the real interaction with the game servers
2) I heard that it is possible to change the old name of the guild to a new one?
3) I consider myself a relatively hardcore player, even if I haven't fully mastered all aspects yet. How important is the choice of a server in general, in the conditions of a hardcore player? I play on Vabbi (EU), but although there are no problems with the number of players, but the usual rank (low level of PvP/WvW guilds and players?.. on the server) in WvW is slightly depressing and does not inspire prospects at all (I remember about plans for GvG). I know about the server-binding with WvW and the abuse of transferring to other servers by individual WvW teams. But what about the "permanent deployment"?

Thanks all for your (possible) answers :3 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:02 AM, Loules.8601 said:

I heard that the guild is "tied" to the server on which it was created (primarily in the context of "WvW"), so I have a couple of questions. I will be grateful for any help.

You heard wrong, Guilds are on the megaserver and not everyone in the guild has to be on the same "smaller" server.

I and a couple of friends, at the start of GW2, created a guild in which there were only three of us. We were engaged in the guild for a long time and work hard, until we stopped playing at that time (the beginning of LW1, even before the guild rework).

Yes, your server used to matter before, but since then, they joined all servers in PvE on one big megaserver that's only dependant on your region (EU/NA). So yes, if you and your friends used to play in a guild together years ago, then all of you were probably on the same server, but that's not a requirement anymore except for WvW.

A year ago, I started returning to the game (having finally left WoW after 14 or 15 years) and decided to revive our old guild.

1) I was thinking about transferring to another server (together with friends), but the question is... if I transfer myself and all the guild members to another server, then the guild (and we together with it) will be tied to the original server, not new one (if all players will be from new server)?

You can only transfer yourself to another server, you can't transfer the guild members. You can gift them server transfers, but they need to transfer themselves. Only do that if you are not on the same server and want to play WvW together. But even that might be obsolete with the Alliance system, we'll see.

P.S. I know about the planned GvG, but it's still at the testing stage and it's not quite clear the real interaction with the game servers

Alliances, not GvG, it's a bit different.

2) I heard that it is possible to change the old name of the guild to a new one?

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013021194-Policy-Guild-Ownership-and-Name-Changes

3) I consider myself a relatively hardcore player, even if I haven't fully mastered all aspects yet. How important is the choice of a server in general, in the conditions of a hardcore player? I play on Vabbi (EU), but although there are no problems with the number of players, but the usual rank (low level of PvP/WvW guilds and players?.. on the server) in WvW is slightly depressing and does not inspire prospects at all (I remember about plans for GvG). I know about the server-binding with WvW and the abuse of transferring to other servers by individual WvW teams. But what about the "permanent deployment"?

Thanks all for your (possible) answers :3 

Your server choice is only important if you want to play WvW, and even then, not really that important because right now, people are bandwagoning from server to server. And with Alliances - this will become obsolete and will be replaced by the Alliance system which i can't really explain but we'll see how they actually implement that, i'll reserve my explanations til i see it in action. So just stay on Vabbi, save your money on transfers, and just make sure your friends are on the same server as you so you can play WvW together. Some months you'll get a good link with another very populated server, and others won't. It's how it works right now. When Alliances come, players will presumably be able to decide who they play with but whatever, it's not here yet. Anyway... If it's depressing, you're probably in a bad link right now. Plus, there's a festival so... WvW not very active now.

If you want "permanent deployment", see when Gandara is not full, transfer to Gandara and experience our stubborn server pride. 😛 But even that will be obsolete with Alliances so idk... I doubt Gandara will be open anytime soon as well...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I think Alliances are the end result for players, and world restructuring is the process. I also think they avoided calling it alliances in that article because we're not actually getting the alliance part of the system in that beta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think Alliances are the end result for players, and world restructuring is the process. I also think they avoided calling it alliances in that article because we're not actually getting the alliance part of the system in that beta.

Could be, yeah. But it doesn't matter what they end up calling it, as long as it works.

I'm more stoked about the rewards restructuring.

Someone with a brain at Anet finally saw that, yeah, 40 hours for diamond is a bit too much time investment, and that there's no rewards for actually participating actively. So they'll be working on that when the technical side is up and running. Also, they saw that supports get nothing and well, that's not good, and they'll sort that out too.

Edited by Veprovina.4876