What comes after the End of Dragons?

Marikus.1875

I hear that the inhabitants of Tyria originally came from another inhabited planet. So is it possible that for the next expansion we'll be traveling back to our "home world"? 

Or is this possibly the last expansion for GW2 as I have been reading rumors about and then we'll travel to the home world planet?

Edited by Marikus.1875
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

We don't know.

End of Dragons is going to be the end of the Elder Dragon storyline but Anet have said repeatedly it is not the end of GW2 and there will be other releases after that (they've also made absolutely no mention of a GW3). The only unknown factor is what the new storylines will be about.

It could be something to do with the human gods and maybe give some info about their (and the humans) original home, but personally I hope they leave that as a mystery and do something entirely new instead. There's huge amounts of unexplored land in Tyria which we know nothing about, everything east of Ascalon and Elona for a start. It's never been mentioned in the games lore, other than the fact that it exists so Anet are free to create whatever they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

After "End Of Dragons" we will see:

- Guild Wars - Yet Another Dragon ("YAD")

- Guild Wars - The end of the last dragon ("TEOTLD")

- Guild Wars - Dragon Clone Wars

😄

Nah nah. They'll be called:

Guild Wars 2 - The Dragon Awakens  <--- which will basically see the same plot as vanilla Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2 - The Last Dragon <--- which will butcher the story of a beloved hero and be largely incomprehensible in tone

Guild Wars 2 - The Rise of Dragons <--- New, secret Dragon powers, with dead dragons returning in ghost form

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

I hope the EoD story wraps itself up very nicely with eight maps instead of just four or five (2 for each of Shing Jea, Echovald Forest, former Jade Sea and Kaineng City).

After that, Arenanet should let us finally revisit the areas on the map that they left unused, like Scavenger's Causeway, Western side of Istan or the Northern rest of the Olmakhan Islands.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Marikus.1875 said:

I hear that the inhabitants of Tyria originally came from another inhabited planet. So is it possible that for the next expansion we'll be traveling back to our "home world"?

Hopefully not! If I wanted to play a sci-fi game, I'd be playing something other than Guild Wars.

Something Spelljammer-like would definitely drive me away from GW2. The unfitting futuristic weapon and armor sets/outfits that have gradually been sneaked into the game over the years are bad enough and ruin the immersion as it is - no need for more such nonsense.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hopefully not! If I wanted to play a sci-fi game, I'd be playing something other than Guild Wars.

Something Spelljammer-like would definitely drive me away from GW2. The unfitting futuristic weapon and armor sets/outfits that have gradually been sneaked into the game over the years are bad enough and ruin the immersion as it is - no need for more such nonsense.

Seeing the taste level of the new Anet team I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to be shoot into the space in colourful rocket with all crew wearing plushy hoodies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

After the End of Dragons, this dialogue:

Commander: Anything I can do to help?

Gorrik: Now that the dragons are gone, we need to figure out how this all started so it doesn't happen again. Commander, I've built a prototype Chromatic History Exploration Actuator Portal.

Commander: Chromatic History....

Taimi: Ooh, we get to poke around in time!

Commander: Uh, that sounds like paradox waiting to happen.

Gorrik: Relax, you will experience events, but won't be able to change how they happened.

Commander: Hmm...

Taimi: That's ingenious, Gorrik.

Commander: She's not wrong.

Gorrik: Oh. Well. Thank you.

Commander: Time to replay Prophecies, I guess.

At which point we get to achievement hunt through a brand new GW2 port of Prophecies (LS6 and 7), Factions (Expansion 4), Nightfall (LS8 and 9) and Eye of the North (Expansion 5).

Designs will need to be updated, open world zones built for the missions to be dropped in, but a lot of the raw material is there, saving time and money developing the next decade of content!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Or we can travel back in time, between gw1 and gw2 and actually do the Primordius Story we don't have? The sole dragon that received 0 new troops, 0 new personality progression, 0 devellopment since 2013? Whereas jormag got its own army of ice charr, ice golem and creepy folklore features like bonneskinners and haunts? Just reuse magma elemental from balthazar shrine siren reef as primordius lava giant, use the stone summit dwarves you haven't reused since steel warband strike, more insectoid designs and hives/nests?

It is not the plots or places missing: woodland cascades with surely centaur, jotun and white mantle/mursaat still waiting. Same for depths of tyria or scavenger causeway at the south east of Arah.

What about the mysterious ??? Dimension/place time bauble in jahai? Can be a fractal/strike/story in itself teleporting us in a very obscure dimension with fluorescent hallucinogen shrooms and weird looking plants and rocks.

• Like 4