What comes after the End of Dragons?

Marikus.1875

4 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

I think the advantage we have is that technically, after Cantha, everywhere else is unknown territory no ? Are there places in Tyria we haven't been but know about ? (excepted the Dominion of Winds). I've never actually played guild wars 1, though I've read about it whenever possible, but it seems we have essentially been everywhere guild wars 1 was laid out. There arent that many hints as to where we could go after that even, that would be quite interesting, they might be able to Add to Tyria, after such a long time in known territory. We can see landmasses around the known maps, but the information on what Could be there is rather scarce.

We have named places like Scavenger's Causeway that we could visit.

There is also the rest of the Blood Legion's homelands, the entirety of the Ash Legion's homelands and all of the land to the East of Ascalon. They could also add maps to the North of Divinity's Reach, the North West of the Heart of Maguuma or the rest of the Ring of Fire.

And they could always expand the map for more regions.

There is far more than enough for Arenanet to choose from and not go further down the 'cosmic' and metaphysical route.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We have named places like Scavenger's Causeway that we could visit.

There is also the rest of the Blood Legion's homelands, the entirety of the Ash Legion's homelands and all of the land to the East of Ascalon. They could also add maps to the North of Divinity's Reach, the North West of the Heart of Maguuma or the rest of the Ring of Fire.

And they could always expand the map for more regions.

There is far more than enough for Arenanet to choose from and not go further down the 'cosmic' and metaphysical route.

I'm kind of interested in those regions, were they portrayed before at all ?

8 minutes ago, Naxos.2503 said:

I'm kind of interested in those regions, were they portrayed before at all ?

There was some to the North East of the Blooodstone Fen, but I'm not certain how much of that has been used for the Forsaken Thicket raid.

As for the other map ideas, I don't think any of that has been used.

• Like 2

I don't think the game will be "dead" in the sense that the game will close, on the other hand given the success, and the quality of End of Dragons, they will not repeat the experience ... when the crap is seen. 'they did to us, I have the right to tell myself that their extension is far below what decency calls it, that it is so bad that I even wish them to take the mat with their extension, so much that would be deserved for having brought us this "chosen", in addition to the deep irepect they feel in their community. Between the forums that have a more than reproachful ethics, and the devs who sell us an April Fool's Day of a more than doubtful quality, there is something to worry about in their place. For me it's over, the masquerade has lasted long enough, there is no longer any hope to give them. At best it can happen it will most certainly be a maintenance mode and a last LW (6?). As the jargon says "we only reap what we sow".

For my part in addition to the very poor quality of End of Dragons, it is really the elite specializations that will have been the last straw, what do we have left after that? 1 in 4-5 that will have the same filthy design of Shing Jea (well saturated)? A strawberry and sloppy scenario for a long time? (at the limit that the scenario is good in "out of series" that I do not know, I just know that the arc in question has been destroyed definitively), There are too many doubtful and unpleasant things for the experience becomes pleasant in Tyria.

But to answer your question : The game will not physically die, at the limit it will go into a state of stasis, but as far as his soul is concerned ... he has already lost it, even his artistic paste will have been lost with End of Dragons ... that's to say. 😒

The only thing still pleasant will be its soundtracks, even if it is not at the incredible level of Jeremy Soul for example. When I think back to Orr's or Maguuma's soundtracks, to their content, to what they represented is far, far away from what is considered to be "of the quality", or of the minimum.

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

A theory I've had for awhile, would be once we kill the last dragon, that with all the magic Aurene has absorbed with all the other dragon magic would "ascend" her into what would become 6 new deities or new gods that are basically Tyrian gods and not just human gods. Keeps the balance and magic and etc.

With that in mind, the idea of exploring conflicts and stuff that takes place with factions supporting their respective deity could lead to outcomes of conflict. 

As far as locations. The island to the south of Cantha always has interested me, as well as other part of the main Tyrian continent, because that main land is MASSIVE.

I think with them finally ending the dragon storyline, it will allow the writers to really open back up with their story telling with tons of possibilities. 

10 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

I think it could be interesting if they picked up on the concept of Utopia (the canceled GW1 expansion) again and make it for GW2 then. The whole concept I've read in the artbook is really interesting and it would be a sham if it went forgotten and burried. 

Honestly, that would have been cool, but I can't believe it with everything that said:
- Arenanet tried to give up their game during the end of S4 for their new projects. (because it didn't work + layoffs, in addition to being forced by Ncsoft they had to continue Guild Wars 2 reluctantly).
- The HV5 has been dropped & sloppy for end of dragons.
- And End of Dragons is a catamaran that's just there to fuel their new projects.

With all this I'm sorry to say that when they said "a continuity" it will surely be the HV6 they were talking about ...
And I do not see the HV6 revolving around the Gods that would be "too much time" for them, as they have already let us know on their way of doing things. Have little to believe, maybe I'm wrong (and I hope so), but ... honestly ... it will surely be assured on the existing: Cantha Sud (Politics of all humans (Elona + Kryte ) in the best case) for a war if ever the dictator is still present at the end.

For the rest, you will see what will happen, but for my part I leave the ship before it sinks. (It's such a shame because I had so many expectations, at best qualitative for End of Dragons, especially since I loved the theme that seemed to me to be the best ... finally no, it's the worst).  A scenario requires a pencil and his head, it's not complicated ...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 6 months later...

Please no more dragons.

I want for next expansion is civil war just like avengers. Human vs Sylvari. The civil war happen because the very beautiful queen Jennah wants to build very big new castle so they have to chop down every tree in tyria... but its not enough... so instead of using trees they use sylvaris !!!!! 😲 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:51 AM, Marikus.1875 said:

What comes after EoD?

Hopyfully better stories as narratively the whole Dragon Cycle has objectively been a massive hinderence for the story. And the LS shows this, everything aside from LS s1 and s2 has treated any threat other than the dragons as secondary and unimportant at best. 

Example: The White Mantle presented in the Raids is a lot more threatening than the White Mantle presented in LS s3 who were used as a stepping stone to get to Balthazar in order to present the villain for PoF.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Haha 1

I hope we don't travel to New worlds...   that reminds me too much of the path warcraft took.  The Tyria map is beautiful and there is enough unexplored areas to last this game forever, I would rather we go to these places.  More of Cantha, charr homelands, or woodland cascades.  We still have lots of maguuma wastes too and isle of janthir.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly open up the Realm of Torment again? I'd like to see that place. It opens new threats, missions and adventures, such as remnants left from the Forgotten God, Abaddon, and a possible successor, or whoever was inside the Realm of Torment before Abaddon. Maybe the Gods of Tyria will come back since the Dragon Cycle ended, a lot of exciting possibilities, I think.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Would if the Commander (the player) became some sort of antagonist in the story? Would if the Commander did something making the Commander/self appear as an enemy to Dragons Watch and such, but in truth the Commander is fighting to save Dragons Watch and Tyria from some unknown horror? And of course, the Commander can't say anything to Dragons Watch in fear that what they might say may lead to the death of a friend or particularly a Dragons Watch member?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChampionOfJormag.9357 said:

Would if the Commander (the player) became some sort of antagonist in the story? Would if the Commander did something making the Commander/self appear as an enemy to Dragons Watch and such, but in truth the Commander is fighting to save Dragons Watch and Tyria from some unknown horror? And of course, the Commander can't say anything to Dragons Watch in fear that what they might say may lead to the death of a friend or particularly a Dragons Watch member?

Sounds like the fast and furious plot (ff8?). The one that Toretto became the bad guy. 

My view: open up the dominion of winds. With or without playable tengu race (preferable with ofcourse). That area in the middle of the world map just wants to be explored.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A well earned break op.

Taimi becomes a god, Zojja returns as her prophet and the Asura get to delve back into their underground lore in which they all ascend to be the greatest race of Tyria.

Plus the commander goes all dark like evil superman and destroys the charr and sylvari races..

/The End

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

A well earned break op.

Taimi becomes a god, Zojja returns as her prophet and the Asura get to delve back into their underground lore in which they all ascend to be the greatest race of Tyria.

Plus the commander goes all dark like evil superman and destroys the charr and sylvari races..

/The End

But what if my main character is a charr. Do i get the option of destroying the humans? 

On a serious note though. Taimi becoming a god would be an interesting idea. But i dont know i always felt like when Kormir became a god she wasnt the same good sunspear anymore. 

5 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

But what if my main character is a charr. Do i get the option of destroying the humans? 

On a serious note though. Taimi becoming a god would be an interesting idea. But i dont know i always felt like when Kormir became a god she wasnt the same good sunspear anymore. 

No sorry Charr are evil, #remembergw1

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

With the idea the Commander became some antagonist though truly protagonist in disguise trying to protect Tyria and Dragons Watch...Let's say what if the Commander was put into a position being forced to kill a Dragons Watch member. Who would you fear killing? Cinematic shows the emotion of the Commander dealing the deathblow having no other choice, unwillingly needs to kill that Dragons Watch member. Imagine the reactions, shock and suspense that we would have???

Edited by ChampionOfJormag.9357
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1