Eod - Elite specs - which 3 are u hyped the most for?

SeTect.5918

So as the Title says, i am curious for which e spec you are hyped the most for. And ofc why so. Also depending on weapon leaks and so on.

Top 3 because people mention their fav class normally always first.

So i give an example:

My top 3 are:

Revenant - yes, my fav class. But also another reason: i mainly play condi herald, it has 1 skill that does any damaging conditions: Elemental burst. So yea, the New one cant be worse. 😂

Elementalist - i am not a big Fan of the weapon leak showed for it, but its interesting because this one seems to be a bit tankier e spec, depending on weapon leak, which is obv interesting for ele. My opinion can still change here tho.

Engineer - honestly i hoped for a good condi spec for engi. Holo is mainly power focused and scrapper is like a power-support thing. And the weapon leak for engi dont scream condi to me. However its still one of the most interesting to me because i have no clue how they will Design it...like basically with every other spec, but still for some reason i am interested in it, even if i cant tell why. 

Bonus: Harbinger - in Harbinger i was intersted first, but not anymore tbh. The rotation seems too much of a joke for me, i like to play a bit harder rotations.

What are your top 3 atm? Maybe its too early to ask obv bc just 3 e specs r known but i am too curious for opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

All e-specs interest me, but it's mainly the unknown that attracted me the most.

So I would say that at the moment what pick my interest the most is what is what we believe is the revenant and warrior specs due to the pictures that ANet teased. Tomorrow, I'll probably be able to add a 3rd profession to the list.

If I were to chose 3 professions for which I'm the most hyped...

1- Warrior: The first 3 specs have heavy change to their mechanic and I can't fathom what the devs can change to this profession for it to give the same feel that virtuoso, harbinger and willbender give. That's what make me the most curious.

2- Thief: I put it on second because the profession is a bit to pigeonholed into it's mechanisms and a new e-spec is always a promise of a possible change to the statu quo

3- Necromancer: The harbinger came as a surprise from my point of view. I didn't expect something even close to that. (I'm also very happy to see 5 stab stacks on a relatively short CD finally being given to the profession. I liked using my necromancer for JP, I'll like it even more).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hard to say without seeing them all, and there's a degree to which there's the distinction between the known and the unknown. If you'd asked me a couple of months ago, for instance, I'd probably have said guard, rev, and mesmer, likely in that order (guard being high because of Almorra).

Currently, I think the ones I most want to see are rev, war, and thief. For rev, I want to see what the new legend is, since legends are a pretty big deal for rev. For thief I'm very interested to see how they do a more magical thief as implied by the scepter leak. Warrior is somewhat practical - it's the only profession I haven't got the PvP title for yet, partially because every time I find a build I like it tends to get nerfed a few months later. So I'm kinda hoping it'll offer a PvP build I can grab and run with for about six months.

EDIT: Meanwhile, I'm bracing for something bad for Engineer and Elementalist, but we'll see.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Engineer - my main and I am really scared about what we are going to get... if we really get pets, like rumoured, then I fear that the elite spec will be unviable in all content

Thief - interested in what is Anet going to do with it if the leaked scepter is true, wasn't a weapon I expected thief to get in a Canthan setting

Warrior - image looked interesting, could be the first warrior elite spec which interests me at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Warrior: Excuse me Anet, but is that a gunblade?

Harbringer: I liked it's playstyle a lot. If you avoid taking on blight it is super tanky and I will be very surprised if the pulsing heal is NOT nerfed in PvP/WvW.

Ranger: Really want to see how they do hammer. I like ranger, and almost chose to main one at launch because their weapon skills are pretty great, I just could not stand being forced to have a pet out 100% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Not exactly “hyped” because I know the effort put into it so far is lacking and the attitude towards it is unprofessional, so I’m hoping they reviewed ALL the feedback provided by the Mesmer Community and the final product turns out better than what was proposed. With that said, the elite spec I’m hoping turns out well is the Virtuoso.

I’ll likely be the only person whose ‘actually’ looking forward to it but won’t be surprised if every other elite spec gets chosen. I only main the Mesmer but the other two elite specs I’m curious to see and test out in the beta is the: Ranger & Elementalist.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

By virtue of not even knowing the other six specializations yet, the answer is:

Virtuoso (please rename it to Bladesinger)

Harmbinger (please add the m, then the name would make sense)

Willbender (please put some damage on offhand sword)

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Ranger is the only one I'm truly hyped for, since it's the profession I play. I was looking forward to getting the shield, but I've made peace with hammer - as long as it's fun to play. I really hope I won't be disappointed 😄 

Other professions I'm curious about are Thief and Engineer, my alts. But whatever we get, I don't imagine myself replacing Deadeye and Scrapper. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1. Thief - If the leak is true, I'm expecting scepter means leaning into the Thief's magic in some way. That means shadow magic, which feels like it has amazing possibilities.

2. Elementalist - I mained Ele for the first few years of the game. I loved d/d back then. I came back to the game, and found I didn't like Ele in its current state, and neither Weaver nor Tempest clicked for me. It's hard to imagine what they'll do with hammer, but at least it's something new, and there's at least a chance I'll find a reason to go back to playing the only character left on my account I created on launch day.

I'm not sure I really have a third. Bladesinger er um Virtuoso felt meh during the beta. I was excited about a new Mesmer option before, but now.... Same with Thiefian I mean Willbender.

3. I guess, maybe 3rd would be Ranger. I have a ranger character whos design I like, but the gameplay never really clicked with me either. So, like Ele, this is another roll of the dice that I might find one I like playing. Hard to imagine Bunnythumper will be the one, but I could be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2