Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Am I playing with bots in ranked?


Davos.5368

Recommended Posts

I can't help but feel that every match I play 2-3 players on my team are bots. I usually discuss things with one other person and they're telling me the other people are bots...

Can anyone confirm this is true? If that's the case I'm not queueing anymore, not something I'll tolerate. Feels like I'm wasting my time.

Someone please enlighten me on the matter, thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davos.5368 said:

I can't help but feel that every match I play 2-3 players on my team are bots. I usually discuss things with one other person and they're telling me the other people are bots...

Can anyone confirm this is true? If that's the case I'm not queueing anymore, not something I'll tolerate. Feels like I'm wasting my time.

Someone please enlighten me on the matter, thanks.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterRamshackleHornetMoreCowbell-Zubyr_sJh4_78Aat

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

It really depends some are just bad players who are maybe new to the game, but there are bots in silver and gold.
From what i've heard they start to disappear in Platinum.

But yeah i've seen a few in my games during this season. 

There bots in plat too. Some of these bots are very complex and play better than players, while some are garbage. Its obvious there is more than one kind and people use different ones.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Wold love to see your plat bots

I already posted someone's name in pvp section, but I was told I cannot post their name.

 

This season I have been between Gold 3, Plat1 and Plat 2. I see them a lot. They are a mesmer who dodge perfectly, always successfully interrupt your best skills and so on. They have been doing this for quite some time and everyone in a match know they are a bot. They get several reports every game yet they are still doing it with full impunity.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I already posted someone's name in pvp section, but I was told I cannot post their name.

 

This season I have been between Gold 3, Plat1 and Plat 2. I see them a lot. They are a mesmer who dodge perfectly, always successfully interrupt your best skills and so on. They have been doing this for quite some time and everyone in a match know they are a bot. They get several reports every game yet they are still doing it with full impunity.

This it the first time I read that bots do something useful 

 

18 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

That's actually sad that someone can program a bot that reach top 250 lol

It is sad because that means most humans are worse than bots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

This it the first time I read that bots do something useful 

 

It is sad because that means most humans are worse than bots

It's not that hard. If they have inhuman reaction times, you are going to lose every 1v1. Its teamfights where bots are weak at. Which is why people generally run sidenoder mesmer as bots.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

It's not that hard. If they have inhuman reaction times, you are going to lose every 1v1. Its teamfights where bots are weak at. Which is why people generally run sidenoder mesmer as bots.

I literally saw never ever a bit doing that, in general I see very little amount of bots (mostly at 4 am/5am ques) I bet to 100% that you get trolled by a player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Add all players you think are bots to you friend list, after 10 min go to leaderboards >> friends and guild tab. If they have an obscene amount of matches they are bots

I have done that. Also in one match, it was very one sided and we gave up. 4 of us standing in this base, this mesmer constantly went and died in front our base, where 5 enemy players were just standing. Like a rbot. Ress., walk, die. Repeat. They got 9 reports that game. This was more than a month ago, and they are still botting.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

I have done that. Also in one match, it was very one sided and we gave up. 4 of us standing in this base, this mesmer constantly went and died in front our base, where 5 enemy players were just standing. Like a rbot. Ress., walk, die. Repeat. They got 9 reports that game. This was more than a month ago, and they are still botting.

For real give me ingame the name, give me the server (probably na) nafand I try to q snipe the "bot", sorry but I can not believe it, either the bot does not do what you say or it's not a bot or it is something useful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

There bots in plat too. Some of these bots are very complex and play better than players, while some are garbage. Its obvious there is more than one kind and people use different ones.

I see only spent a game in plat so i wouldn't really know.. xD I just noticed a guy posted a video with 4 bots playing in this guy game.. I still wonder how they manage to do that. O.o

Still insane people have to cheat their way to the top.

Edited by eyelogix.1654
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Idk but they go often over 500, me for myself play also around 400-700 each season 

This is what i mean by obscene https://prnt.sc/1rmotj4

 

it's literally inhuman levels, i've done the math, it's like they play at least 14 h/day without failing a single day

they usually reach 2k at  least, now they sit at 1200 average with 17 days left, if they keep this pace they will play +-700 game till sep 27th

Edited by Khalisto.5780
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s definitely bots, but there’s also a lot of players that get misread as bots.  Because players can be so toxic in PvP, many players turn off chat entirely while they play and players who are inexperienced or just don’t have a great understanding of how to rotate and such can easily look like bots.  
 

But there’s no denying the existence of bots.  I haven’t seen the issue as bad as it’s been in the past, but it still seems to happen sometimes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...