Whats a good class that wont be roped into being support, just dps?

Joxer.6024

While I like to help out my team the best I can the way i see it is if i am support and I die, many lose out, whereas as a dps its just one less dps, therefore less of an impact. But it seems like many of the classes arent "just dps" as much anymore. Rev is Alac, Fb is quickness and same with Scrapper, and so on, like Chrono as well. Even Scourge. Is that the new direction of raids or are there some classes that can be , as they call it, selfish dps?

I mean yea, if asked as a Scrapper say to go quickness I could refuse but on the same token dont wont be a kitten to folks....just be less of a burden if dying. And yea, "get good" is always the best answer but until then....

9 minutes ago, Joxer.6024 said:

While I like to help out my team the best I can the way i see it is if i am support and I die, many lose out, whereas as a dps its just one less dps, therefore less of an impact. But it seems like many of the classes arent "just dps" as much anymore. Rev is Alac, Fb is quickness and same with Scrapper, and so on, like Chrono as well. Even Scourge. Is that the new direction of raids or are there some classes that can be , as they call it, selfish dps?

I mean yea, if asked as a Scrapper say to go quickness I could refuse but on the same token dont wont be a kitten to folks....just be less of a burden if dying. And yea, "get good" is always the best answer but until then....

Weaver was always selfish dps and will always be.

Berserker too, ofc u can go bs but the bonuses from Banners are not so big that its very impactful.

Dragonhunter could be a good choice too.

Soulbeast both power and condi are selfish dps but can also support (a little) with spotter, which is also not very impactful. 

Thief, Daredevil most likely when fighting Multi targets. Deadeye also good choice if Single target.

Holosmith, if they want u to go scrapper, say u have no rifle or hammer with u and just a sword, bc u cant change weapons anyway as engi.

Reaper pretty Solid sustain, while being selfish dps.

Well that r the good selfish dps choices imo. 

• Thanks 1

Most professions have some build they can run that's pure or nearly pure DPS. And raids and strikes usually have roughly half the squad in this category.

You can always just...not have the gear you'd need to play the support roles, as SeTect suggested, and only join groups that are asking just for DPS. The price you'll pay for this, though, is that you might well miss out on groups you could have had if you were willing to be a little more flexible. If you're still learning the content, then it's probably best to stick to nonessential roles, but you should be aiming to learn the encounter well enough that you can confidently expect to survive to the end unless someone else has dropped the ball.

• Like 2