What will you stop doing to fish?

trouble.3562

I'm glad that fishing was created for the people that wanted it and will enjoy it.   It doesn't really appeal to me so I'll probably only do it when it is required for story or whatever.  I have a feeling that there may be many cases where fishing will be, I guess I'll say highly suggested instead of "forced", given Anet has made this a prominent feature of EoD.   I just hope those cases are not too over the top for people that don't care for it. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 7:35 AM, mindcircus.1506 said:

Players in 2021: I want Fishing SO BAD!!! It's a perfect way to just socialize and relax. This game needs more purely social features!!

Players in 2022: If it's not giving me 30g an hour, it's not worth it.

Weird generalization mate. I never said fishing isn't worth doing if it does not have 30 gold per hour.

If you read my post, I said I love the implementation and I will definitely go fishing. Then you ask me how much gold per hour it will be for me to drop everything and just fish, and I answer 30g. Then your next reply is this lame meme.

Why are you even posting here when you yourself have no interest in fishing?

On 9/11/2021 at 5:37 AM, mindcircus.1506 said:

Was uninterested before the stream.

Am even less interested now.

To answer your question:

Not a kitten thing.

Seems to me like you just want to pick fights and get reactions and not actually discuss things. I'm not interested and wont engage with you after this anymore. Sry

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Actually, I don't really want to replace anything on my limited active time schedule with a fishing mini game (like daily home instance gathering, dailies for the 2g, alt caracters at some nodes and the progress with a) LS/replay b) festival c) WvW/collection related activities).

Around the 12:30 minute mark on the YT Guild Chat, you can see the mini game UI bar (yellow), which decreases (and I guess fails), when the green and red positions do not align. From the few seconds of the left/right mini game, I got the impression you will not be able to AFK fish (with a slower progress rate of course, which is perfectly fine), but you have to actively do the mini game all the time to catch fish. That is not an activity I want to spend time on compared to the things I have mentioned before.

• Like 2

I'm confused as to why you assume that we need to stop doing something in order to do fishing. For people like me, we have plenty of time on our hands and spend a lot of it kitten around anyway. I guess I would do less kitten around and more fishing?

Although, fishing doesn't interest me. Not at all. Actually, the fact that you need to continuously press buttons in order to catch fish is a turn-off for me because it means that I can't chat while idly fishing. I know that a lot of people wanted fishing to be a minigame and hold your attention, but I'm more used to it being an idle thing that allows me to do other things while at it. That being said, I will probably fish until I finish all of the fishing-related achievements. After that, I will lean back on my siege turtle and skiff and travel the world in a leisurely manner.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, Marikus.1875 said:

Fishing looked amazinggggg.

I was a little worried they would take the easy road and just make it a click here in this spot, little 5 sec animation, then poof fish in inventory. 

But the fact they made it into a little minigame AND added skills to it AND masteries ala FFXIV AND added another mechanic to compliment it (skiffs)...very very pleased.

Looking forward to crafting lures and poles.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-fishing-games-android-717519/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I have fished in games, and done so regularly. But the thing is they had interesting points to fishing. You were rewarded well for doing it, the animations for it were well done with sound effects and fighting fish ect. You could fish up sunken crates that had rewards in them like gear and items, you could fish up old boots and other junk that sells to vendors, you could fish up mini pets that were adorable, you could fish up a boss for a world boss fight. You fished up fish for cooking and gear and weapon recipe's, and for potions, there were fishing competitions held where everyone would try to catch a named fish or an amount of fish in a time limit for prizes.  So yes fishing can be very lucrative and rewarding and fun when done right. Will we get that level of fishing? I dont know, but i hope so.

I'll wait and see. At the very least, as an AP hunter I know I'll be doing it enough to max the AP from fishing, but after that, I'll just have to see. I have a sneaking suspicion that ANet is gonna tie in fishing to the Gen3 Legendaries somehow though... :P

EDIT: As a side-note, ANet if you make me "salvage" my fish and don't give me some Scales as a side return in addition to fish meat, I'm gonna be VERY annoyed with you. :P

Edited by Zaxares.5419

In my opinion the stream showed off a worse version of Black Desert's fishing. At least in BDO the minigame is faster and less demanding, and you can bypass the minigame and let your character do it entirely passively while you chat with guildies or go fully afk. In comparison, the minigame here looks just annoying enough to demand attention while it's active, and there seems to be no passive afk fishing option. As for mastery improvements, BDO allows you to accelerate your fishing mastery by investing in a very affordable set of crafting gear, minus one very expensive piece of fishing armor if you're a min-maxer. As per usual with our mastery system, I'll have to farm xp to fill the mastery bar for an activity I would rather not see in the game at all. Granted, it'll only take a short time to get the xp, but still. I should note that I absolutely hate fishing in BDO, especially the associated quests. I look forward to hating GW2 fishing even more.

My desire to get max mastery will force me to participate on some level with fishing. If I can obtain all the fishing masteries without actually fishing, I'll never do it, not even once.

I'm just comforted by the idea that there's going to be elite specs, a new part of the world, the siege turtle, and some story content - all things that I look forward to doing instead of fishing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

In my opinion the stream showed off a worse version of Black Desert's fishing.

Other than the UI visuals and the control scheme,

it seems to be exactly the same as the fishing that was released in Genshin Impact a few days ago.

Edited by Fueki.4753

3 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

In my opinion the stream showed off a worse version of Black Desert's fishing. At least in BDO the minigame is faster and less demanding, and you can bypass the minigame and let your character do it entirely passively while you chat with guildies or go fully afk. In comparison, the minigame here looks just annoying enough to demand attention while it's active, and there seems to be no passive afk fishing option.

This might be the first time I see someone openly complain, because the game feature makes it harder for bots to bot 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1