What will you stop doing to fish?

trouble.3562

12 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

What have people been doing to the fish? 😳

I don't know. Unspeakable things, i fear...

At least for me, i didn'd do any PvP or WvW to fishes so far, and do not intend to do any in the future. PvE however is something i have done to quite a number of fishes already, and i definitely do not intend to stop.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Unless I am pulling fish out that have mystic clovers & coins in their belly. I will not be participating in this novelty. I can see myself engaging in this activity about as much as I Role Play in Divinity's Reach...Not at all.

I will do the absolute minimal fishing as I have to, to progress the story or to get an item I want. I will not be doing this for fun.  I am not in their target market for wanting this.  So I will not be giving up anything.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

What have people been doing to the fish? 😳

For some reason that reminded me of..
How much is the fish?
que Scooter

As for the OP's question: I'll likely get the achies and then fish every now and then, especially if there's chance to get some other goodies by doing it.

Edited by Jukhy.2431

On 9/13/2021 at 4:47 PM, voltaicbore.8012 said:

In my opinion the stream showed off a worse version of Black Desert's fishing. At least in BDO the minigame is faster and less demanding, and you can bypass the minigame and let your character do it entirely passively while you chat with guildies or go fully afk. In comparison, the minigame here looks just annoying enough to demand attention while it's active, and there seems to be no passive afk fishing option. As for mastery improvements, BDO allows you to accelerate your fishing mastery by investing in a very affordable set of crafting gear, minus one very expensive piece of fishing armor if you're a min-maxer. As per usual with our mastery system, I'll have to farm xp to fill the mastery bar for an activity I would rather not see in the game at all. Granted, it'll only take a short time to get the xp, but still. I should note that I absolutely hate fishing in BDO, especially the associated quests. I look forward to hating GW2 fishing even more.

My desire to get max mastery will force me to participate on some level with fishing. If I can obtain all the fishing masteries without actually fishing, I'll never do it, not even once.

I'm just comforted by the idea that there's going to be elite specs, a new part of the world, the siege turtle, and some story content - all things that I look forward to doing instead of fishing.

I dunno for BDO, but I've tried the new world one and for someone like me who hate fishing, it's was ok. Not to long not to boring; Still can't do that more than 15min.

2 hours ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

I hope there will be fish foods for WvW with buffs for underwater combat.

"Grilled Salmon"

+ 100 Power underwater

+50 Power on Land

+5% swim Speed.

Something like that.

I like the idea of using fish as a crafting material for disciplines, the fish oil and other parts could also see a lot of crafting.

7 hours ago, Excursion.9752 said:

I am not in their target market for wanting this

Well, I am and I am seriously considering spending money on EoD just to have a break from chopping heads and stabbing monsters by doing fishing with some friends. And if it will be possible to go fishing by sitting down on a chair it would also be even more enjoyable.

• Haha 1