EoD Main Features look like they were done in a week......

6 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

To be fair, not every expansion needs a big new feature imho. I am fine with a good campain, interesting maps and fun bosses.

Hyping up skiffs and fishing like they were a game changing expansion though is pretty sad. It`s a little something, nothing more.

After IBS, I would prefer if they just don't go back to the story at all, than the expansion being completely story driven. I don't trust them to make a compelling story, they always start out decent and then get weird in the middle, and then goes dues ex machina levels of BS right at the end. And somehow I feel that the last Elder Dragon's weakness is going to be fishing rods somehow. Maybe Taimi the walking plot solution is going to create a massive fishing pole and fish up Bubbles. XD

I need something more to bite into to be invested, I didn't buy PoF for the story, I bought it because you basically need mounts now. They completely changed how the game is played like Gliding. Fishing on the other hand is a parasitic mechanic, they've basically confirmed that it's mostly used for cooking, so you also need to do and have cooking as well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

i dissagree fish and skiffs look amazing! and that my big problome, when i saw the stream all i thought about is what a waste of resources , it does not contribue to the game at all ! i prefere my skimmer over skiffs and fishing is just not intersting enugh for me , it seems arenet put way to much on this said show stuff and it is make me scared about the actully contant , just imagine how good the ex pac can be if there where not skifffs and fishning and rather all this money and time where invest in lure , fracals , raides etc , pvp etc.. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 7

can't stop laughing at the comments like: 

housing? no thanks, boooooring. people will just sit their houses. YAWN. unappealing. 

then two seconds later their post reads:

fishing? yes please papi anet let me park on my skiff all day and play with my rod. REAL CONTENT. Man I love me some of that press F content. YEAH!

Housing in a pve-centric game is an awesome choice. Just look at ffxiv. The players love that chunk of endgame and stick around working on their houses for literal years, having a blast doing so. It brings communities together when guild houses are involved, and also allows for further personal expression within the game. Housing is a great way to get players to repeat content for mats to craft unique things and also shows off the creativity of the community. Does fishing do any of that? 

Also for anyone thinking much will change in 5 months from what we were shown... oof. That's just not how it works out, ever. Minor tweaks, maybe, but not the leaps and bounds the players ever expect. 5 months is nothing when it comes to game/animation design, especially across this many character models in a mmorpg. I'm hoping it is good because I already bought it but I'm not hyping myself up too much. If it's fun, great. If not, oh well. 

• Like 14
  • Confused 10

8 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

(O.O I would want none of your suggestions...it's like all the worst suggestion threads somehow welded together.

You are joking right? 

-WvW expansion

-No downed state in PvP to help the Esport Scene revive

-Permanent 2v2 and 3v3 Arena brackets for the same as above.

-A new class

-A new race

seriously those are great additions. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

19 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

You are joking right? 

-WvW expansion

-No downed state in PvP to help the Esport Scene revive

-Permanent 2v2 and 3v3 Arena brackets for the same as above.

-A new class

-A new race

seriously those are great additions. 

WvW expansion will be a thing anyway(at least they stated that they would look into it), no downed state "to help the ESport-scene", well the ESport-scene is playing fortnite or whatever; 2v2 and 3v3 arena permanent would be cool if the game had the PvP playerbase to support ore than one mode, we have elites instead of classe and race doesn't matter.
No, this is very much what I think.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sesaline.6705 said:

housing? no thanks, boooooring. people will just sit their houses. YAWN. unappealing. 

fishing? yes please papi anet let me park on my skiff all day and play with my rod. REAL CONTENT. Man I love me some of that press F content. YEAH!

Housing in a pve-centric game is an awesome choice. Just look at ffxiv. The players love that chunk of endgame and stick around working on their houses for literal years, having a blast doing so. It brings communities together when guild houses are involved, and also allows for further personal expression within the game. Housing is a great way to get players to repeat content for mats to craft unique things and also shows off the creativity of the community. Does fishing do any of that? 

Also for anyone thinking much will change in 5 months from what we were shown... oof. That's just not how it works out, ever. Minor tweaks, maybe, but not the leaps and bounds the players ever expect. 5 months is nothing when it comes to game/animation design, especially across this many character models in a mmorpg. I'm hoping it is good because I already bought it but I'm not hyping myself up too much. If it's fun, great. If not, oh well. 

You are wrong. Housing in MMOs is pretty awful. Besides that we already have Guild Halls and our Home Instance. It is just a feature for Roleplayers and there are so few of them, they don’t really matter. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Confused 12

30 minutes ago, Sesaline.6705 said:

I agree with this, housing isn't popular because it is a private place to AFK all day, there are entire communities revolved mostly just decorating houses and showing them off. They are also very popular with the Roleplaying community for a similar reason. Fishing is nice, but it should never be a main focus in anything, there is no way you can make it engaging for most people without turning it into something else. I'd prefer if they instead used the time to make more armor variants to wear, something to play for. And not just make more food.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Considering no one's played EoD yet, we have no idea if it's a "proper expansion" yet or not. Of course an expansion that no one has played where only a fraction of the content is known is disappointing if you're comparing it to an expansion that's been out for years and you've played through.

As for fishing, it's what a lot of people expected and there's not much they could have done with it. It was either do something chill that people could socialize while doing or something engaging that prevented casual socialization and either way it would have resulted in people being disappointed. I'm still on the fence because we don't know how much grinding will be part of it, but it's clear they leaned into it being a social activity.

They also clearly stated it was a work in progress thus animations, names, icons, etc. were rough or intentionally hidden, so that's a weird thing to complain about. Already skiffs look better than the preview they did last month so they're clearly working on them still.

As for what you listed:

• Housing

Potentially good and something people have been asking for for years.

• WvW Expansion

We're getting Alliances and that may be huge and it's not smart to overhaul everything rather than overhauling one aspect and seeing how both players and the engine handles it. And what do you mean by expansion? More players, more maps, more objectives? Saying something should be changed without any specifics isn't useful for devs or others to consider your suggestion.

• No downed state in PvP to help the esport scene revive

The esport aspect of GW2 has been dead for years. There's definitely a case to be made for balancing downed skills but it shouldn't be done because of esports, especially as esports (and even streaming) tends to focus on MOBAs and FPS and battle royale games. Adding a spectator mode and making watching games easier and more appealing is more important than downed states if you're looking to get into the esports and streaming markets.

• 2v2 and 3v3

Sure, why not? Though if you do that you're ignoring the PvE side of things so a bunch of people don't care about it and it's not content they would ever engage with.

• A new class

We're getting 9.

• A new race

This has been address time and again about how it's a lot of work on multiple fronts.

• Vertical progression

No. Absolutely not. If you want vertical progression, play any of the other MMOs out there. Part of GW2's appeal is its horizontal progression and they aren't going to go back on 9 years (17 if you count GW1) of saying they want stats to plateau and losing many of their players in a risky bid to bring in people from other treadmill MMOs.

And once again, DLC and expansions are pretty much the same at this point and $30 for several new maps, a story that's likely in the 20 hour range, 9 new classes, new masteries, and multiple new features is a good deal—games come out for double or triple that price which over a fraction of the content an MMO expansion gives. And if there's a LW6 after, that's another expansion's worth of content you could get for free on top of that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Honestly for me they should delay the Expansion again to Spring. There are indeed not that many major features in that expac. No new Class, no new race, not any PVP related content. Fishing? I really do not care because when i want fishing im doing that in RL.  The turtle is also only PvE so as a PVP player i have really nothing in this Expac for looking for. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

25 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Honestly for me they should delay the Expansion again to Spring. There are indeed not that many major features in that expac. No new Class, no new race, not any PVP related content. Fishing? I really do not care because when i want fishing im doing that in RL.  The turtle is also only PvE so as a PVP player i have really nothing in this Expac for looking for. 

Were there any new PvP related features in the last expansions? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Bruh for Real gw2 don't might bringt new seen Features (mounts, fishing, hell jump shrooms etc of HoT werent New for MMO) but they get old ones and let them Look New bring amazing details and something like that. (Mounts? Nothing New but add some features to them so they are unique/ fishing? Nothing New but add a small Mini game to it so its more than afking bot feature/ slide? Nothing New but add some features with it so you could be stealthed be faster and slide slowly/ skiff? Nothing new but add that you could User them as ramp fishing on it User them as Brigde and so on) so you see what i wana say? They add old content and let it feel fresh and new. 

16 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

Why is this still a thing? Is it because of WoW? Fishing is more content than a new race.

I didn't play WoW. Im playing Gw 2 since headstart and i am a Gw 1 Veteran. Fishing is a bland feature/content which also do have alot other MMOS. So nothing new and as i said ~> RL Fishing is much more fun.  Thats my Opinion. 

Where is the PvP Content? 

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

I didn't play WoW. Im playing Gw 2 since headstart and i am a Gw 1 Veteran. Fishing is a bland feature/content which also do have alot other MMOS. So nothing new and as i said ~> RL Fishing is much more fun.  Thats my Opinion. 

Where is the PvP Content? 

Then why would you expect a new race, since that’s never been a GW thing? GW1 only had one race, for example.

Why is the fact that it’s in other MMOs a strike against fishing? Lots of MMOs have mounts, but they were done differently (better, imo) in GW2.

There are plenty of new things: a new story, new zones, new especs, new strikes, and the new masteries. Presumably new LS to follow as is always the case. There, new things.

Re: PvP, I gather they are fiddling with WvW, so we’ll see how that turns out.

Edited by shrew.3059
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

As expected it's pitiful, spam F in the water like I said for weeks

And there are some here who have spent their time defending this feature..... are you happy , more epic than raid and fractal as you can see 😆

shing jea is ugly, it's sad.

You apperently dont understand logic on a fundamental level.

You where still wrong on a basic level for complaining about something you had not seen yet.

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Sad state of the game industry when people will defend such disappointing and lazy content so hard 😞

Then enlighten us, what is "good content" ? Other than features that will make this game be like any other average MMO, like "higher level, vertical progression, game focused only on raids and PvP, gear that changes every 3 months, housing, etc."

For most people complaining about Guild Wars 2, "good content" is elitist content. I'd like to see people here mention more features which would genuinely be fun and not just something that shows "I'm a better player than you, haha!"

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 9/10/2021 at 7:41 PM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Some of us are still hoping to get the best out of GW2 and still enjoy playing it.

Except what is best for GW2 isn't determined by you ... so this can't be true. Your hope here was to get a bunch of features that Anet isn't planning on releasing and now you are just acting out because you aren't getting them. You already know these threads you make aren't going to spur Anet into reworking their game to give you the features you want either ...

so no, your motives here aren't honest. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Then enlighten us, what is "good content" ? Other than features that will make this game be like any other average MMO, like "higher level, vertical progression, game focused only on raids and PvP, gear that changes every 3 months, housing, etc."

For most people complaining about Guild Wars 2, "good content" is elitist content. I'd like to see people here mention more features which would genuinely be fun and not just something that shows "I'm a better player than you, haha!"

I think “good content” often boils down to a mix of features from different MMOs without the associated problems. For example, X feature from GW2 + Y feature from WoW + Z feature from FF14. This ignores how these features work together, or ends up being impractical, e.g., “I hate subs in WoW so I wish GW2 was just WoW without a sub”.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sesaline.6705 said:

Then go play FF14 since it seems to have a feature you love. You could play FF14 for the housing and pop back in GW2 for whatever you get from that. Problem solved.

P.S. I loved Wildstar and it did most of the stuff on the list and most of the stuff people said they wanted from a MMO. Turns out those people didn’t actually show up in the numbers they needed to and Wildstar died. Turns out developing a good game isn’t really a democratic process.

Edited by shrew.3059
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3