skiffis and fishing looks amazing and that aproblem?

BadSanta.6527

1 minute ago, radda.8920 said:

Normal that raids have become a niche content  since 90% of the content is reserved for players who love to spam 1 as fishing does again.

The majority of HM content players left because arena wasn't giving them anything

That's wrong too. For fishing we will have to spam 2 & 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

That's wrong too. For fishing we will have to spam 2 & 3

wonderful

I don't even see the point of playing to do that, you might as well sit in front of a good movie, it will be more interesting.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

wonderful

I don't even see the point of acting to do that, you might as well sit in front of a good movie

I wouldn't. I mean what did you expect? Some elaborate fishing. ESO it's just pick a bait rng what fish you get. Albion just click and wait. BDO wait 2 min get a bite type in 2-10 letters depending on rarity. Genshin just added it you cast near a fish and pull him in just like GW2 by keeping mouse in a moving section. FF14 was more challenging but you could wait days for the perfect weather and had like a 15m window to get lucky and catch that fish

Just now, Jilora.9524 said:

I wouldn't. I mean what did you expect? Some elaborate fishing. ESO it's just pick a bait rng what fish you get. Albion just click and wait. BDO wait 2 min get a bite type in 2-10 letters depending on rarity. Genshin just added it you cast near a fish and pull him in just like GW2 by keeping mouse in a moving section. FF14 was more challenging but you could wait days for the perfect weather and had like a 15m window to get lucky and catch that fish

i wasn't hoping for anything , it's the most lousy content possible to add to an extension. I'm just saying that even by presenting it to us as their great feature, they still manage to make it totally soporific.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

i wasn't hoping for anything , it's the most lousy content possible to add to an extension. I'm just saying that even by presenting it to us as their great feature, they still manage to make it totally soporific.

I agree kinda. I don't mind fishing and skiffs were added. I just think wasting 2 of the 5 masteries in an expansion is poor content. If they were just added like alternate things to get instead of features I'd be fine.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

I agree kinda. I don't mind fishing and skiffs were added. I just think wasting 2 of the 5 masteries in an expansion is poor content. If they were just added like alternate things to get instead of features I'd be fine.

Same opinion

I wouldn't have been against fishing if it was a small activity like the adventures of HOT but this is one of the big announcements of their extension, the main masteries. While on the other expansions, we had features that changed our whole way of playing guild wars 2 ...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

Same opinion

I wouldn't have been against fishing if it was a small activity like the adventures of HOT but this is one of the big announcements of their extension, the main masteries. While on the other expansions, we had features that changed our whole way of playing guild wars 2 ...

But they reached at a ceiling about "movement" thing, with mounts. perhaps they oversteped it with skycale?

Imagine if HoT came after PoF+LS4... everyone will be mocking the Glidder + jumping mushrooms, as the "big feature".

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

But they reached at a ceiling about "movement" thing, with mounts. perhaps they oversteped it with skycale?

Imagine if HoT came after PoF+LS4... everyone will be mocking the Glidder + jumping mushrooms, as the "big feature".

Yes but even by doing this boat feature, arena could do something much more interesting..

A bigger boat that we could decorate from the inside and that we could  use to fight during major events

there it is very weak   ..

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Same opinion

Well it do change the whole way of playing gw2 instead of running around or useing mounts we sit in a boat or stand on it and fish.

It is just not for the better 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

They're really going to make fishing the same as it is in all games: stand around and... well, actually, that's it? Words fail to describe how mind-numbingly dull it is. We can already dive underwater, so use you own much more interesting pre-existing system, you schmucks!

Also, they wasted masteries on this? Ugh.

I guess all that's left is to wait and see if they do something better with fishing, like they did with mounts, but it's fishing, so... yeah, ask for the moon and all that.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

They're really going to make fishing the same as it is in all games: stand around and... well, actually, that's it? Words fail to describe how mind-numbingly dull it is. We can already dive underwater, so use you own much more interesting pre-existing system, you schmucks!

Also, they wasted masteries on this? Ugh.

I guess all that's left is to wait and see if they do something better with fishing, like they did with mounts, but it's fishing, so... yeah, ask for the moon and all that.

After the fishing event in a bug in the system release just standing around to fish seem like a downgrade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Fishing in mmorpgs tends to be this semi afk relaxing activity. So some kind of high apm mini game is really not suitable. And cruising around in a skiff, fishing. This seems like an upgrade to other mmorpgs. Is it something I care about? Not really.

They could add collections and other elements than just fishing. It could involve some background story, exploring, underwater fights and fish bosses, cooking...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I can pretty much  guarantee more people will fish than will PvP. 

And what blows me away is that in addition to what we already know that's coming with EoD, they're completely revamping WvW and how it works arguably making it much, much better and putting more of a guild emphasis. 

So they're working on catering to BOTH the PvE and PvP crowed which I think is more than generous of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

No, but the fear here is we will be forced to fish...incessantly. No one is forced to PvP. No one is forced to do Raids. But all we've seen of EoD, other than three Elite specs, is fishing and skiffs. There are those of us who are concerned that fishing will be mandatory for story progression somehow. I hope not, but you never know.

Forced is a funny word. It's true no one is forced to PvP, but people have been forced to WvW for legendary weapons. There'll be collections to get stuff, but I suspect you won't be forced to fish incessantly except for specific rewards. Since we don't know what those rewards are, you won't know. 

I've been pushed into PvP for specific rewards more than once in this game even though I don't love it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is Guild Wars 2/ArenaNet NCSoft West's only game/studio?  Was/is there a breakdown of how much of the 119 million dollar investment went where/to whom? 

1 million to Cantha. 1 mill to WvW. 117 mill to skiffs and fishing.

Five dollars to sPvP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

What if they looked at RDO, you can fish open world but you also have fishing events/series which has you attempting to catch the biggest fish within a timer, as a competition among those participating.

They could've added weight classes to the fish, achievements for each type you caught, but weight classes, or even re-use rarity so that e.g. Lornar's Bass comes in common, master, rare, exotic, ascended and heck, even throw in some legendary fish, for those elusive catches. These could be salvaged to increasing amounts of materials, or sold for increasing cost. Add mastery/mechanics of lures/baits to improve your skill but also make the actual fishing game a bit more interesting, maybe wrestling a fish that's trying to get loose, kind of like horse taming in BDO. 

Edited by Dondarrion.2748

16 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Normal that raids have become a niche content  since 90% of the content is reserved for players who love to spam 1 as fishing does again.

The majority of HM content players left because arena wasn't giving them anything

Raids are always niche content. 

And that's not a problem, no reason to pretend otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Yes but even by doing this boat feature, arena could do something much more interesting..

A bigger boat that we could decorate from the inside and that we could  use to fight during major events

there it is very weak   ..

As it stands now you can use the boat to fight (as a platform to stand on) 

7 hours ago, yann.1946 said:

As it stands now you can use the boat to fight (as a platform to stand on) 

Though not while moving, if I understand. That means my vision for skiffs circling a world boss partially emerged from the water while players attack from them isn’t going to happen.

We could still get a less dynamic version where you drop anchor to burn the boss, and have to know when to pull anchor and move to avoid big aoes 

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1