Would this enhance the Fishing feature for you? Aquarium.

Tyncale.1629

Would having an Aquarium enhance the Fishing feature for you?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would having an Aquarium enhance the Fishing feature for you?

• Yes, it would be (even) more fun.
    • No, it is fine as it is.
    • I do not care about Fishing OR Aquaria.
    • Actually this feature would probably turn me from "going to avoid Fishing as much as I can" to "I might do some Fishing after all".
    • Other

An Aquarium  where you can display your catches has been suggested by many players and after looking at the Fishing and Skiffs guildchat, I think this could make the feature more interesting at least for me.  I got the impression from the video that Fishing is just more Recipes(also for Lures and Bait undoubtedly) and Food, and that made me sad. 

I think they could enhance this by adding recipes for different types of Aquaria, small ones, big ones, HUGE ones, that you could put in your Guildhall, Home instance or Sun's Refuge. Would this make the feature more interesting to you, instead of just collections, more crafting and more (soon to be 99% useless) food?

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

No matter how much collectable RNG fluff you build around a minigame, it will never surpass just being a minigame. Sure with a bigger carrot at the end, more players will interact with the minigame, but will they enjoy it more, just because the carrot at the end is bigger? Also I doubt an aquarium just to display what you have cought is the big carrot that would work for many players. Most players are incentivised by gold per hour, not by "look at the fancy thing in my home instance".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Considering the popularity of the Hall of Monuments from GW1, the many requests for similar in GW2, and the endless 'please housing?' threads here on the forum, I'd say there's definitely a market for things like aquariums and other methods of displaying account unlocks and player accomplishments. To that end, I'd say do aquariums, but do them in a satisfying, polished way. Maybe pick at housing and QoL over the next few years and add aquariums as a feature there along with ways to display an account's other trophies (including but not limited to a library housing all the books we've been unlocking for the past nine years).

It's high time GW2's home instances actually contained homes (possibly they could achieve this by adding the living area under the home instance map, ie: you go inside and interact with a teleport gizmo that voops you down there without having to load another map).

They're clearly scrambling to put together EoD though, so as much as I like the aquarium (and housing) concept, I'd prefer it got done well than done hastily.

• Like 6

I'd love to have an aquarium to collect fish and it would definitely make me more likely to spend time fishing.

I'd like to have similar 'displays' for other collections too, like a bookshelf for all the books we keep picking up or a menagerie of ranger pets, but an aquarium would be a nice start, and a very welcome addition to a feature which otherwise looks like something I'm not likely to spend much time on. (I didn't see the livestream yesterday, but I've never liked fishing in games.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Considering the popularity of the Hall of Monuments from GW1, the many requests for similar in GW2, and the endless 'please housing?' threads here on the forum, I'd say there's definitely a market for things like aquariums and other methods of displaying account unlocks and player accomplishments

I seriously agree they need a monument and trophy room in GW2. Pick or add a room to the home instance where you can display your conquest trophies, your enemies weapons ripped from their dead hands, an aquarium for the one that didnt get away, the head of the legendary hydra mounted on the wall, Sabethas flame thrower and other assorted monuments and trophies from around tyria 

• Like 2