Favor of the Festival Lacking in Usage

Turial.1293

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Favor_of_the_Festival

What to do with Favors? Once you have the sovereign skins, the tonics, the minis - assuming you want those... What is left? Bundles of loot from treasure hunt can be used and consumed, it's not much but it is something. Festival tokens have tons of uses and even after all that they can still be used for currency conversions (for an awful amount) but what about favors? Once you have acquired all the skins, the only use appears to be Drooburt and his junk items. Would there be much point left to the future festivals once you have gotten those skins? Would it be worth doing the daily or logging in during the festival?

Personally I think Favors need more uses, I would settle for a single use that allows us to convert them into something we can profit from. It would hardly break the bank.

Edited by Turial.1293

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

No, as their whole point is to do the festival dailies in order to be able to buy all those rewards.

You can grind the Festival Tokens, though, e.g. if you plan on crafting a lot of guild hall decoration.

How many years it take to get all skins if i have skipped this festival like last 8 years?

Just now, Junkpile.7439 said:

How many years it take to get all skins if i have skipped this festival like last 8 years?

The Festival only returned to the game in 2018 and had new stuff added each year. So this is the fourth festival since then and I now have everything unlocked that can be unlocked with Favors of the Festival.

I'd like more uses for favours as well. I do the dailies for other reasons, but that means I've ended up with a bunch of favours and the only thing I've got left to buy with them is the sovereign weapons, which I don't particularly like or want to spend the gold to buy.

Admittedly I could just delete the favours, but that feels like a waste. It would be nice to have something 'repeatable' to do with them, even if it's just buying random loot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd like more uses for favours as well. I do the dailies for other reasons, but that means I've ended up with a bunch of favours and the only thing I've got left to buy with them is the sovereign weapons, which I don't particularly like or want to spend the gold to buy.

Admittedly I could just delete the favours, but that feels like a waste. It would be nice to have something 'repeatable' to do with them, even if it's just buying random loot.

Well you can already do thhat turn them into drooburt.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well you can already do thhat turn them into drooburt.

As said before, something other than Drooburt would be better.

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So 1 mystic coin a day is not enough incentive to do the daily, the favor rewards must be buffed aswell?

Plenty of things at the festival like infusions as well but what does that have to do with the use of Favors?

15 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Assuming you get 20 dailies done per festival, 3.2 years so really not much at all unless they add another ugly set of weapons.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

I already answered that. The Festival was not available from 2015-2018. It was reintroduced in 2018. I think I did dailies every day of the past four iterations of the festival. That means 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. So it will take you 3-4 Festivals to get everything that can be bought with the Favor of the Festival. (Other skins and items require Festival Tokens.)

@ confused person: Can I help you with something?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I, too, would like more uses for them. I will finish off my Divine Sovereign weapon set by the end of this festival, at which point I'll have collected all of the FoFW skins, minis and tonics. The only thing left to do with Favors is turn them in to Drooburt (and incidentally, I've already gotten all 25 AP from him), but the bags he offers are an insult. :P I think probably the best/simplest way is just to add a new exchange at the Fabulous Festival vendor for Festival Tokens, as follows:

1 Favor of the Bazaar = 500 Festival Tokens

1 Favor of the Pavilion = 500 Festival Tokens

1 Favor of the Festival = 1000 Festival Tokens.

There's a ton of useful things you can exchange Festival Tokens for, including T6 bags, so Festival Tokens definitely won't go to waste (plus they're a wallet currency, so they don't take up space.)

• Like 6