New WvW to include variable builds using variable food buffs ?

Michael Conrad.6704

I play almost exclusively WvW. I am compelled to use one build because the food I eat , whether by Primer (12 hours) or not (1/2-1 hour) confers upon me this restriction. I would love to see either toggles to be able to switch foods when I switch builds on the fly. By toggles I mean, a device where you can switch one type of food on, and another type of food off. Thank you for this consideration. 🙂

Conrad

• Confused 1

I apologize for the poorly worded remark. What I am asking for is the ability to have two different foods active so that changing builds on the fly can get the most bang for your buck. Ideally I would like the ability to toggle from (Flatbread for example) on a Condi-Damage build while I change to a DPS build ( Sous-Vide Steak for example). It is a challenge to put that concept into words that make it easily understood and again I ask your forgiveness.

The alternative is to just change foods when you change builds but as many of you know, making these foods can be somewhat pricey. To buy 20  "Cultivated Peppercorn" costs 8 gold and the exclusive ingredients are rare and hard to come by. Consequently, if you are a rapid build changer you can run up a fairly $izeable tab.

Edited by Michael Conrad.6704

15 hours ago, Michael Conrad.6704 said:

Whatever. It may be a psychological advantage or it may be real but I am not going to disregard +100 Power and +70 Ferocity when it is available to me and I have the means to obtain it. Especially when all viable builds (Meta Build) strongly suggest using it.

The food isnt what makes it viable. The stats are negliblable - a build has like 8000 in total and you can adjust shortcoming with gear. The most universal is dodge food btw. It gives zero stats. The free food has +80/+60, but granted there is no power/ferocity, you'd have to settle for power/prec or similar.

Either way theres no need to have what you suggest and its pretty much 0% chance thats gonna change in the next 3+ years.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The food isnt what makes it viable. The stats are negliblable - a build has like 8000 in total and you can adjust shortcoming with gear. The most universal is dodge food btw. It gives zero stats. The free food has +80/+60, but granted there is no power/ferocity, you'd have to settle for power/prec or similar.

Either way theres no need to have what you suggest and its pretty much 0% chance thats gonna change in the next 3+ years.

Stats are neglible ? Are you serious ? I wonder if you play WvW.  [Edit] Oh you mean the addition of 100 Power on top of say 2600 Power , then they are neglible to the extent of 100/2600 (3.8 %). I will abide by that. Again I iterate that the increase may only be psychological but the mental game is sometimes enough to make or break a fight.

Edited by Michael Conrad.6704

15 minutes ago, Michael Conrad.6704 said:

Stats are neglible ? Are you serious ? I wonder if you play WvW.  [Edit] Oh you mean the addition of 100 Power on top of say 2600 Power , then they are neglible to the extent of 100/2600. I will abide by that. Again I iterate that the increase may only be psychological but the mental game is sometimes enough to make or break a fight.

But if you keep beating people with suboptimal food you're gonna feel even better afterward. Or just go without food. 

The worst kind of fight is one that doesnt challenge you to become better.