empyreal fragments

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Your wording is a bit vague. Are you saying you have more bloodstone and dragonite than empyrial? Because I am always the other way around, eating empyrial and just enough of the other two.

I'm the same way, but I don't WvW which it seems grants less empyrial according to what the OP is saying?

There was a time I was swamped in bloodstone, and needed to farm empyreal.

Nowadays I have plenty of empyreal, but seem to run out of bloodstone.

I remember specifically farming dragonite in the distant past, but now I have so many stacks of it Princess has severe indigestion.

Seems to depend on content you do. I haven't paid attention enough to know, exactly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Different bits of the game reward different materials. World bosses give Dragonite, i'm pretty sure. Then i think it's fractals or maybe dungeons that give E. Fragments? Or maybe it's HoT/RIBA chests that give them? I remember each time i've focussed on one particular part of the game, i get swamped with one of the three gobbleable materials. 

With LW3 and 4, though, you can just mine for them. E.g., Bloodstone Fen = boatloads of Bloodstone Dust. If you lack the LW episodes, you can join a RIBA->chestfarm in silverwastes for easy materials. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure why the converters are time limited.  Empyreal fragments, bloodstone dust, and some of the other materials are account bound.  It isn't like they are producing something super valuable, and by definition the player got the fragments on their own, so why not let the player convert 5000 in one day if they want, instead of having to do 200/day for a month.

Living World is a good resource for Empyreal fragments. The following Map Currency nodes give Empyreal Fragments when harvesting them:

Living World 3

• Ember Bay: Petrified Stumps.  (not the best place to farm since the stumps are far and few)
  • Draconis Mons: Primordial Orchid nodes. There are a lot of these on the island.

Living World 4

• Domain of Kourna: Kournan Chests and Kournan Supply Cache. A lot of them in this zone. 
  • Sandswept Isles: Difluorite Crystals. Also quit a lot of them. 
  • Dragonfall: Mistborn Motes. 

Harvesting these 5 nodes in my Home Instance gave me 29 Empyreal fragments, this can differ but 29 seems average. I am thinking other rewards in those 5 zones mentioned above will give Empyreal fragments too like boss and event chests and such, not sure. 

The other zones in LW 3 and 4 give Dragonite or Bloodstone when harvesting the currency nodes.  I would also recommend the TACO addon if you plan to harvest these nodes, almost a must imo unless you want to be running around like a beheaded chicken, hoping to bump onto a node. 🙂  Or just do the dailies in those zones when they are up and harvest any node you come by. 

Edited by Tyncale.1629

On 11/6/2021 at 9:31 PM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Alreasy spoke of gobblers. But the first ones can only be used 3-5 times a day which is a pitance.

That's not really a pittance right .. like, at a minumim, the individual gobblers are at least 150 a day. The Sentient ones can take 6x25 of each mat ... and there are two gobblers that take the same mat. That's potentially 300 of each mat gobbled PER DAY. Compared to how many a day you can earn ... those are big numbers. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2021 at 5:24 PM, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

ok this is a bit silly in regards to ratio wise for each of the 3 fragments looted to make vision crystal. how can i have there's many bloodstone and dragonite compared to empyreal...

i mostly do wvw with reward tracks that give my empyreal than the other fragments and meta boss events 

https://ibb.co/TgzbYDm

You can see what reward each WvW reward track will give you, so why not change reward track into one that give you enough of Empyreal Fragments.

Here is a list of all sources according to wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment

Here you have WvW reward tracks: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

You have to go into each reward track (including chests) to see which one that will provide more of Empyreal Fragments for your need.

In general I have more then enough of EF, but less of Dragonite, so it is depending on what content you play most as Dragonite is more common for doing WB then other type of bosses.

Here is link to other sources to get Lesser Vision Crystal: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Vision_Crystal

EDIT: I think I got some more EF from some nodes in Thunderhead Peak maps, if I remember it correctly. There maps where you get more of those items just from farming gatering nodes or was it chests? Anyway you have now some lists check out for getting more EF.

Good luck!

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437

On 9/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

There was a time I was swamped in bloodstone, and needed to farm empyreal.

Nowadays I have plenty of empyreal, but seem to run out of bloodstone.

I remember specifically farming dragonite in the distant past, but now I have so many stacks of it Princess has severe indigestion.

Seems to depend on content you do. I haven't paid attention enough to know, exactly.

Those items (Gizmo) you get as reward for doing story content or do certain achievement will also add into how much you will have of different crafting items like Dragonite, Empyreal Fragments or Bloodstone.

OP look at list (in link in my post above for EF) and you will see which Gizmo/items that either can transform currency (Dragonite, Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Fragments) into other items including Lesser Vision Crystals (which is random).

Here is an example of those Gizmo: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fluctuating_Mass

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

It depends - if you have maxed out your material storage and only gobble when you storage is filled up, you have 2000 fragments & other materials, so it means you are gobbling for almost a week to get it back down to zero.

If you're stacking the materials up just so you can complain about them stacking up then it seems it's your self-made problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2