Think we can finally have a option outside of berserker in pve ?

Dakiaris.2798

It depends on which PvE you mean:

• Story Mode - Anything viable
  • Open World - Anything viable
  • World Bosses - Anything viable
  • Fractals - Bannerslave (Core/Berserker)
  • Raids - Bannerslave (Core/Berserker)

I've been enjoying putzing around with Spellbreaker in Open World but it definitely doesn't wreck like zerker

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Believe it or not Spellbreaker used to be a top DPS spec.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7xr60v/sc_updated_benchmarks_0602_patch/

It was cut from 35K to ~33K around 2019 and finally to ~30K in 2020.

Spellbreaker was never good. It had absolutely no opening spike burst damage so it wasn't good anywhere power DPS was good (think something like spiking Adina down fast enough to not do pillars), and got absolutely destroyed by condi DPS on all the other fights. The bench also assumed every single dagger 4 proc'd it's extra damage which obviously won't happen since you needed to fit it under the effects of Peak Performance (back then).

33 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Spellbreaker was never good. It had absolutely no opening spike burst damage so it wasn't good anywhere power DPS was good (think something like spiking Adina down fast enough to not do pillars), and got absolutely destroyed by condi DPS on all the other fights. The bench also assumed every single dagger 4 proc'd it's extra damage which obviously won't happen since you needed to fit it under the effects of Peak Performance (back then).

Kind of exposes the garbage that is golem dps benching doesn't it?

22 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It depends on which PvE you mean:

• Story Mode - Anything viable
  • Open World - Anything viable
  • World Bosses - Anything viable
  • Fractals - Bannerslave (Core/Berserker)
  • Raids - Bannerslave (Core/Berserker)

I've been enjoying putzing around with Spellbreaker in Open World but it definitely doesn't wreck like zerker

I agree with this. Zerk for hitting a boss. Core warrior for open world because zerk mode is useless, things die before activating it and you waste it running from mob to mob. Spellbreaker I find it only viable for pvp... in pve your whole mechanic is very weak

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

I agree with this. Zerk for hitting a boss. Core warrior for open world because zerk mode is useless, things die before activating it and you waste it running from mob to mob. Spellbreaker I find it only viable for pvp... in pve your whole mechanic is very weak

I find spellbreaker more fun than core for trash mobs in PvE, since there's no point having a three-bar burst if the target is dead before you can use it anyway.

To the OP: People will probably figure out if bladesworn can out-DPS berserker soon enough. Looks like bladesworn might be condition-oriented, so it might end up beating condi berserker while axeserker continues to be the power choice.

8 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I find spellbreaker more fun than core for trash mobs in PvE, since there's no point having a three-bar burst if the target is dead before you can use it anyway.

To the OP: People will probably figure out if bladesworn can out-DPS berserker soon enough. Looks like bladesworn might be condition-oriented, so it might end up beating condi berserker while axeserker continues to be the power choice.

Don't forget ANET bigbrain time, Berserker was also condition oriented and we actually got a Torch as a BERSERKER weapon 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Which would be sad as berserker was first showed off as a condi class if I remember.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Which would be sad as berserker was first showed off as a condi class if I remember.

From what I remember, HoT Elite Specs were essentially meant to give each profession what they were lacking (i.e. Condi professions like Necro get a Power-capable spec in Reaper; Power professions like War get a Condi-capable spec in Berserker; etc). But subsequent nerfs and changes have essentially turned this on its head, unfortunately.

Really hope they bring back the Condi on Mace Mainhand Primal Burst because that was Meta for a while

•  

4 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

Please be a tagable kit and not an adrenaline use mode like reaper/holo..!
Please be a tagable kit and not an adrenaline use mode like reaper/holo.!
Please be a tagable kit and not an adrenaline use mode like reaper/holo!
Pretty please!!!

Dont forget:

Don't be another mode that we have no control over like berserker (cough no cancel cough).

Don't be another mode that we have no control over like berserker (cough no cancel cough).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1