Master points issuses

Not sure who I need to complain to but I have major issues first I am a SOLO player I hate playing with others I like doing everything SOLO in my book you should not have to join a guild or be with friends to play any online games at all. That being said I am pissed beyond pissed at how hard it is to get the master points over in POF How can I get to where I need to go if I cant increases my Mastery points. There are some points that if you do not have the right mount you never going to get them. Then there's the one that I know of off the top of my hand that your own site says can be got by using a Raptor mount but I know for a fact that that's a bunch a bull. I wasted over and hour trying for this one point with the only mount I have which is a raptor mount and never got the point. (The Master point is Crystal Oasis Insight: Imed’s Grotto).. That is just one problem that is pissing my off to no end about this game. So who do I complain to because it not fun if I stuck and can not get to where I need to go or wish to go because I can not get the Mastery Points to get places. Sighs really drought anything will be done about this problem though.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:29 PM, davida reis.3695 said:

Not sure who I need to complain to but I have major issues first I am a SOLO player I hate playing with others I like doing everything SOLO in my book you should not have to join a guild or be with friends to play any online games at all. That being said I am pissed beyond pissed at how hard it is to get the master points over in POF How can I get to where I need to go if I cant increases my Mastery points. There are some points that if you do not have the right mount you never going to get them. Then there's the one that I know of off the top of my hand that your own site says can be got by using a Raptor mount but I know for a fact that that's a bunch a bull. I wasted over and hour trying for this one point with the only mount I have which is a raptor mount and never got the point. (The Master point is Crystal Oasis Insight: Imed’s Grotto).. That is just one problem that is pissing my off to no end about this game. So who do I complain to because it not fun if I stuck and can not get to where I need to go or wish to go because I can not get the Mastery Points to get places. Sighs really drought anything will be done about this problem though.  

Great job choosing a Massively Multiplayer ORPG as your game of choice then.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:29 PM, davida reis.3695 said:

I am a solo player too for the most part and I didn't need help to get PoF masteries. I did get the mounts first before getting some of them, but it was designed that way so that you had a reason to go back to the maps and use your newly acquired mounts. Also there's a surplus of mastery points so you don't need all of them to be able to get all masteries done.

Oh and btw, the wiki is filled with information by players, not Anet.

Ihmed's Grotto is easy to do with a skimmer. You don't have to do it with a raptor and the wiki page does state it's tricky to do with the raptor. Just continue the story and get more mounts unlocked, you don't need to get all mastery insights right away

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Welcome to 2021 and the internet:

Let me google that for you:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=gw2+pof+mastery+point+guide

FYI: when PoF launched, none of us had any mastery points. As such the assumption that mounts are needed to proceed is flawed. Yes, certain mastery points require specific mounts. You get those AFTER getting other mastery points which do not require mounts or that specific mount. This expansion is over 4 years old by now. You could have guessed that there are tons of guides to use.

As to someone playing a MMORPG as purely single players game, not my issue given I am certain there is quite a few people doing so. Still it does make me wonder what priorities some people have.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

GW2 is a solo friendly mmo, but ultimately it was always designed to played as as a shared, cooperative multiplayer experience. Yes it absolutely should have multiplayer stuff because that is the genre the game exists in.

PoFs masteries are very solo friendly, esp vs HoT whch is a multi player orientated expac. There are plenty of guides above which will lead you through the base masteries and the achievement base ones.

Remember, we all started from scratch at some point and coped fine, but you will need to to team up at times. That is the deliberate design of this game

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If u rush the game, u will just feel frustrated (just as u do now)...if u take ur time and just follow the story with ur first character and then just dive in the world then everything is better and easier.

Whats the point of rushing mastery points and going to all places in 1 hour, if u can enjoy the game for a few more extra hours while haveing fun?

The whole game is so crazly easy that u can solo 80% of the content. And even for 95% u dont even need to form a group, because there r always random dudes around. U only need a group for raids...most fractals and dungeons are even soloable.

Not sure who I need to complain to but I have major issues first I am a SOLO player I hate playing with others I like doing everything SOLO in my book you should not have to join a guild or be with friends to play any online games at all.

Well, you'll have a problem doing the majority of the content in the game, but if all you're interested in is open world, story and open world achievements, then you can do just fine. 

Just make sure you have a very powerful solo build and good equipment because, especially if you're hunting hero points and mastery points, some can only be obtained through combat and if you hate playing with others, you'll have to solo a lot of tough mobs.

That being said I am pissed beyond pissed at how hard it is to get the master points over in POF How can I get to where I need to go if I cant increases my Mastery points. There are some points that if you do not have the right mount you never going to get them.

Yes, some mastery points are for specific mounts only. You don't have to get those immediately, get them when you get the mount.

Then there's the one that I know of off the top of my hand that your own site says can be got by using a Raptor mount but I know for a fact that that's a bunch a bull. I wasted over and hour trying for this one point with the only mount I have which is a raptor mount and never got the point. (The Master point is Crystal Oasis Insight: Imed’s Grotto)..

Maybe you need to master the Raptor's long jump first? That's usually what they mean when they talk about the point acquisition. It usually refers to unlocked second mount ability like raptor's and springer's long jump, etc. 

Furthermore, some of them don't have the most obvious ways of getting to them. You might have tried to jump with the raptor at the "obvious" angle while maybe you had to circle the map, get to it from a high point, then jump your raptor to it, something like that, i remember some points being like that. 

That is just one problem that is pissing my off to no end about this game. So who do I complain to because it not fun if I stuck and can not get to where I need to go or wish to go because I can not get the Mastery Points to get places. Sighs really drought anything will be done about this problem though.  

There's more mastery points in the game than you need. So much so, that it's impossible to lock yourself out of progression because there will always be a mastery point to do somewhere. If you still don't have mounts that can do map mastery points, open the achievement panel, and look for the purple mastery point icon. Click on the achievements that have the purple icon on them and you'll see what you can do to earn a mastery point that way. Most of them you can get just by playing the story. 

And since you insist on playing solo, here's a few resources i advise you to look up / get.

Here's every mastery point you can get and how to get it:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

And here's an invaluable tool that will show you a path to every mastery point while in game:

http://www.gw2taco.com

Make sure you also download the addon paths for the overlay:

http://tekkitsworkshop.net/index.php/gw2-taco/download

TacO is not just for mastery points, it's for farming routes, map completion, jumping puzzles, everything really. You can filter just the stuff you want because if you leave everything on, it usually looks like chaos. 

Good luck! And remember, if a mastery point seems way out of reach, it probably is, but you don't really need it, there's tons of others that you can get, and more overall mastery points than you ever need.

For more mastery points, you can do LS4 content. Most of it you can do with just basic mounts, and there's a lot of mastery points to be had there as well. But PoF content will be more than enough to master every mount.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

Maybe play a Single Player Game then. Besides that, you can get almost every mastery point solo. 

All of the POF Masteries are spent on mount abilities. Follow the story order of the maps and you'll get them all in sequence. This isn't a solo vs. group play issue, you really just need to stop neglecting the Springer.

There's maybe one Insight point in POF (in the Desolation) that you'll really want some teamwork on, just because of how saturated the area can be with baddies. Ask in map chat, people will come help, it's trivial.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Don't play an MMO when your wanna play solo ...

Nah. With the way GW2 is designed, you can easily spend 95% of your time in-game solo and have a great time.

You just need to: 1. pay attention to your surroundings, 2. chill out and do your part, independently, when an event draws other players.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ASP.8093 said:

Nah. With the way GW2 is designed, you can easily spend 95% of your time in-game solo and have a great time.

You just need to: 1. pay attention to your surroundings, 2. chill out and do your part, independently, when an event draws other players.

Well OP obviously can not play GW2 solo, otherwise he would not have to write such a post. Sure you can play GW2 solo, but if there are people who even compare GW2 with Dark Souls ... such people should perhaps reconsider their hermitcrab tatik ^^''.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, you'll have a problem doing the majority of the content in the game, but if all you're interested in is open world, story and open world achievements, then you can do just fine. 

Just make sure you have a very powerful solo build and good equipment because, especially if you're hunting hero points and mastery points, some can only be obtained through combat and if you hate playing with others, you'll have to solo a lot of tough mobs.

Yes, some mastery points are for specific mounts only. You don't have to get those immediately, get them when you get the mount.

Maybe you need to master the Raptor's long jump first? That's usually what they mean when they talk about the point acquisition. It usually refers to unlocked second mount ability like raptor's and springer's long jump, etc. 

Furthermore, some of them don't have the most obvious ways of getting to them. You might have tried to jump with the raptor at the "obvious" angle while maybe you had to circle the map, get to it from a high point, then jump your raptor to it, something like that, i remember some points being like that. 

There's more mastery points in the game than you need. So much so, that it's impossible to lock yourself out of progression because there will always be a mastery point to do somewhere. If you still don't have mounts that can do map mastery points, open the achievement panel, and look or the red mastery point icon. Click on the achievements that have the red icon on them and you'll see what you can do to earn a mastery point that way. Most of them you can get just by playing the story. 

And since you insist on playing solo, here's a few resources i advise you to look up / get.

Here's every mastery point you can get and how to get it:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

And here's an invaluable tool that will show you a path to every mastery point while in game:

http://www.gw2taco.com

Make sure you also download the addon paths for the overlay:

http://tekkitsworkshop.net/index.php/gw2-taco/download

TacO is not just for mastery points, it's for farming routes, map completion, jumping puzzles, everything really. You can filter just the stuff you want because if you leave everything on, it usually looks like chaos. 

Good luck! And remember, if a mastery point seems way out of reach, it probably is, but you don't really need it, there's tons of others that you can get, and more overall mastery points than you ever need.

For more mastery points, you can do LS4 content. Most of it you can do with just basic mounts, and there's a lot of mastery points to be had there as well. But PoF content will be more than enough to master every mount.

I think you mean 'purple' Mastery Points, as 'red' are Core Tyria. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, davida reis.3695 said:

There are some points that if you do not have the right mount you never going to get them. 

Feature, not a problem.

The mastery points are to upgrade the mounts, so it makes sense to need the mounts to get to some of them. There are plenty you should be able to reach to get your mount upgraded to the point where you can get others.

If you insist on only having some of the mounts (are you trying to do every mastery point on raptor alone?), you should totally be able to find enough mastery points just to upgrade that mount. You may just have to skip some of the harder to reach ones.

You may want to take a step back and think through the problems you are having with this game, maybe do some research, or even use Players Helping Players to ask for advice before you jump to "It's broken, fix it!"

I can tell you that in my experience PoF mastery points are the simplest to max out of all the mastery points. Fair warning, if you decide to complete the Core Tyria masteries, you will very likely end up having to do group content.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the mastery point that has you frustrated. The reason you're frustrated is that this insight pretty clearly was designed to need the skimmer, hence the little wall across the water at the entrance.

You can cheese it through dismount, however. I did this mastery point before getting my skimmer. I can confirm you can swim out to the grotto, and use the little jump that raptor dismount gives you to get in. You have to do it again once in to get on the rock platforms as well. It takes a little bit of trying to get the dismount to work just right. Also, be prepared to fight the creatures inside. I remember getting attacked while trying to channel the mastery insight, and having to redo the tricky dismount cheese again to get back up.

Or, just get yourself to Elon Riverlands and grab a skimmer, really.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I can tell you that in my experience PoF mastery points are the simplest to max out of all the mastery points. Fair warning, if you decide to complete the Core Tyria masteries, you will very likely end up having to do group content.

Though if you don't want to do ever ever do group content, why are you even spending points in Fractals mastery. (And, yes, you can solo Fractals, but the players who do that learn by doing them normally first.)

2 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

Though if you don't want to do ever ever do group content, why are you even spending points in Fractals mastery. (And, yes, you can solo Fractals, but the players who do that learn by doing them normally first.)

Totally good point.

Though I personally found that I ran out of easy Core Tyria masteries after completing Pact Commander and a little bit of Legendary Crafting. I may have put a few into early Fractal just to give myself a XP bar to fill rather than see the XP go to waste.

I haven't worked it out, but there are a bunch to be had in rerunning story instances and doing all the hoop jumping you need to get mastery of those, but that sounded terribly dull to me, so I went for a lot of the group things like Karka Queen, Skrit Queen, and Tequatl.

I don't know if I'll ever get to Fractals, but I wouldn't mind finishing off Core Tyria just so any more Core experience earned at least goes to Spirit Shards rather than just evaporating into completed tracks.

But yeah, the OP is unlikely to ever enter Fractals, and given their posts on the forum, unlikely to even pursue a Legendary, so Core Tyria points are likely moot for them. The assumption, though, that if all mastery points can't be earned solo something is broken is unfounded.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I haven't worked it out, but there are a bunch to be had in rerunning story instances and doing all the hoop jumping you need to get mastery of those, but that sounded terribly dull to me, so I went for a lot of the group things like Karka Queen, Skrit Queen, and Tequatl.

I maxed out mine for the sake of getting 366/366 (otherwise I'd probably skip Legendary Crafting, tbqh) and I had way more fun doing Triple Trouble than I was expecting to. Only took like 3-4 runs to get that whole category, too.

3 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

I maxed out mine for the sake of getting 366/366 (otherwise I'd probably skip Legendary Crafting, tbqh) and I had way more fun doing Triple Trouble than I was expecting to. Only took like 3-4 runs to get that whole category, too.

Agreed. I had never done Triple Trouble before, and was delighted by it. That was one of the cases where the game pushed me into an area of the game I didn't know about, and I ended up enjoying it. Another recent one for me was going for Jungle mastery and experience the Tangled Depths meta for the first time. The final fight where you move around on the floating platforms to attack the giant vine trying to break it was really great to experience.

As a mildly socially phobic introvert, I appreciate being nudged into group content by the game. I've even recently branched out into being one of those people who camps an event area and lets people know in /map that it's up. Still haven't quite got the courage to throw up a mentor tag yet. 😄

Maybe, in time, if the OP doesn't abandon the game, they'll come to value those moments as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I don't know if I'll ever get to Fractals, but I wouldn't mind finishing off Core Tyria just so any more Core experience earned at least goes to Spirit Shards rather than just evaporating into completed tracks.

They changed this a while back. If all your tracks are filled but not trained, then they will go towards spirit shards. It is however not shown in the ui, but if you pay attention you will notice getting spirit shards with experience gain every now and then.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

They changed this a while back. If all your tracks are filled but not trained, then they will go towards spirit shards. It is however not shown in the ui, but if you pay attention you will notice getting spirit shards with experience gain every now and then.

Ah, great! Thanks for letting me know.