Ritualistic teaser at 0:46 of Vindicator trailer

OutOfOrder.3719

1 hour ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

I have no idea why people expected Rev to get a Ritualist spec when Kalla is already a spirit spam legend.

Renegade is your Ritualist E-spec. That's what you get. Accept it.

People are asking for the ritualist to return thematically. Kalla has ghost spam, but she doesn't represent the ritualist in theme.

And ritualist had alot of other iconic stuff to build skills around. Like the urn mechanics or the weapon spells. So I don't really see a problem in creating a ritualist elite spec which fills the same thematic the old ritualist did and focus it on something else from the ritualist gameplay than the ghosts. For what it's worth, it could be a ranged caster with huge AoE damage, using lightning effects. That was something ritualist was capable of, too.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

On 9/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

I know is just a meme, but I want to share a reminder: Renegade is the ritualist specialization. It already happened, just not the way you wanted to. Move on or keep suffering for eternity.

It still boggles my mind how many people keep begging for a ritualist espec. Like, we got one with Renegade already. It may not have been exactly what people wanted, but that’s what we got regardless. Time to move on people. What’s done is done. Stop asking for a repeat espec that would just kitten more people off than it would make happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

People are asking for the ritualist to return thematically. Kalla has ghost spam, but she doesn't represent the ritualist in theme.

And ritualist had alot of other iconic stuff to build skills around. Like the urn mechanics or the weapon spells. So I don't really see a problem in creating a ritualist elite spec which fills the same thematic the old ritualist did and focus it on something else from the ritualist gameplay than the ghosts. For what it's worth, it could be a ranged caster with huge AoE damage, using lightning effects. That was something ritualist was capable of, too.

No, we already have a ritualist themed espec in Renegade. Stop asking for yet another repeat one just because you think they can add in other ritualist skills to make it “different”.

People need to broaden their horizons instead of asking for the same kitten thing over and over.

Edited by Zeph.5927
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If people can't be satisifed with a spec that delivers ritualist gameplay without the ritualist thematic, they won't appreciate one that delivers the thematic without the gameplay. Yes, ritualist had other aspects, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody played ritualist to use lightning spells. It was mostly spirits or heals.

Besides, how do you even deliver the rotualist thematic without spirits? Let's say weapon spells that work like thief venoms, how do you make them spooky? You might have something to work with urns themewise, but urns would have to disable all your weapon skills instead of only losing autos like in gw1, which sounds the most boring and clunky e-spec imaginable. 

Only way I see is making ritualist-themed conjure weapons, but that just doesn't work on a revenant and would have to be put on a different profession that doesn't have a fixed skill bar. 

Edited by RabbitUp.8294
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think if you believe that renegade and ritualist are even the slightest bit alike thematically, then you might struggle with the meaning of the word thematically...

Renegade is a revival of the spirit spammer playstyle of the ritualist, but thematically, they are really absolutely nothing alike.

It’s literally ritualist gameplay. Just because you don’t like the look or feel of it doesn’t change that fact. We don’t need Renegade 2.0 just because a few people didn’t like how it was implemented the first time. I think that if you believe that Renegade was suppose to resemble anything other than ritualist, then you might struggle with the concept of something as simple as: water is wet, the sky is blue, and the sun is hot.

So I say again, people need to stop asking for something we already have.

Edited by Zeph.5927
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

If people can't be satisifed with a spec that delivers ritualist gameplay without the ritualist thematic, they won't appreciate one that delivers the thematic without the gameplay. Yes, ritualist had other aspects, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody played ritualist to use lightning spells. It was mostly spirits or heals.

Besides, how do you even deliver the rotualist thematic without spirits? Let's say weapon spells that work like thief venoms, how do you make them spooky? You might have something to work with urns themewise, but urns would have to disable all your weapon skills instead of only losing autos like in gw1, which sounds the most boring and clunky e-spec imaginable. 

Only way I see is making ritualist-themed conjure weapons, but that just doesn't work on a revenant and would have to be put on a different profession that doesn't have a fixed skill bar. 

That’s just it. The people asking for MOAR RITUALIST don’t realize just how pointless the whole endeavor is. Spirits are what defined the ritualist, regardless of what a few ignorant people on here say.

The only other thing that would even make sense, thematically, would be the weapon spells and they wouldn’t be noticeable or unique enough to justify an entire elite spec based around them. It would be an extremely boring and half baked spec.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Vindicator already have pretty strong ritualist vibes. Classic spirit (legend) or maybe even more, plus we already knew about attack/protection style of new e-spec. Maybe even in style of Kantha - so it’s even Kantha’s spirit realm.

Or it’s not enough “ritualistic”-like too?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

Vindicator already have pretty strong ritualist vibes. Classic spirit (legend) or maybe even more, plus we already knew about attack/protection style of new e-spec. Maybe even in style of Kantha - so it’s even Kantha’s spirit realm.

Or it’s not enough “ritualistic”-like too?

The people who keep begging for “moar ritualist” will never be satisfied with anything short of Anet just straight up adding the ritualist profession into the game. They want the Revenant to be something it was never intended to be (aka a pure ritualist) and they just can’t get over that fact.

Just like how the guardian was never meant to be a pure monk, but just have monk aspects to the profession, Revenant was never meant to be a pure ritualist, but just have ritualist aspects to it. And Anet honestly went far enough with that design philosophy when they added Renegade and its spirits into the game. People need to move on now and accept it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

In GW1 the ritualist was mostly (of course not only) a support in groups. A lot of builds didn't even used the spirits! To me, this spec is really a reference to the ritualist from GW1, a spec able to heal the allies, to bring them some bonuses AND even the look of the spells is really so GW1! I mean the urne for example, every ritu player know that such things was a part of our gameplay!

I'm a bit puzzled about the spec overall and I'll try it carefully next week because it seems to be really fun but maybe too much support (renegade and herald are already filling this role), but the 'ritu reference' aspect is not even something to discuss in my opinion!

• Like 2