How many of you guys are afraid to..

Genesis.5169

On 9/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, Genesis.5169 said:

Share builds for fear of anet nerfing them?

I had a conversation with a couple of high ranking players who do not share builds for that reason, I am also in the same boat. Are we alone? Do you guys do the same?

Now that i've really settled in the meta it feels like alot of players still have ptsd, and do not trust anet. Maybe we are tinfoiling hence is why I am asking are our fears legitimate?

The website's that people goto is truly out of date builds by the way those do not count.

I have the opposite concerns that Anet may buff some of the builds I play instead of nerfing them 😁

No I would not be afraid to share my builds, I certainly don't make videos with my main killing a swarm of players in PvP or WvW and I am not even interested in becoming popular this way.

I have witnessed players boasting about how OP a certain build was when in reality it was perfectly counterable and roughly balanced and those builds have been hit with a nerf rendering them not viable anymore. It's not the right thing to do.

If certain builds have to be hit by the nerf hammer they should still be considered viable even at the highest PvP ranks, otherwise you can't call it balance.

Edited by Touchme.1097
grammar

On 9/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, Genesis.5169 said:

Share builds for fear of anet nerfing them?

I had a conversation with a couple of high ranking players who do not share builds for that reason, I am also in the same boat. Are we alone? Do you guys do the same?

Now that i've really settled in the meta it feels like alot of players still have ptsd, and do not trust anet. Maybe we are tinfoiling hence is why I am asking are our fears legitimate?

The website's that people goto is truly out of date builds by the way those do not count.

I have posted the majority of my op builds or upvoted them on metabattle as soon as they came out-

here the list of things I have let everyone know after I myself found the meta for it-

blood reaper,

blood scourge,

symbol guard,

dp core,

valk ranger,

trap ranger and consecrations dh

your welcome.

the second I find the most op thing in the meta, I tell every single person in the community...

Edited by RedAvenged.5217

I find that most share and so do I. 

When the open arena would get rowdy, I’d join a private server and 1v1 there. Some of those players are high plat and were open to share their builds. They also said that they change builds if Qing rank or if doing ATs MATs.

If they trust you enough, they will share and even go the length to explain and teach. These   Those ppl no longer play. They have reached near the pinnacle top 20, without win-trading due to pride and integrity. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

So, can anet NOT just look a the statistics? Like how many players at what rank are taking X trait or X utility skill etc.

Statistics can be influenced by other unforeseen variables, they are not always representative of what's being presented.

Here's an example; Aurashare tempest is good as a antiprojectile support, if bad players cant or dont cast their skills at the right time their team will be at a disadvantage and will be more likely to lose reducing aurashare tempests overall winrate.

If a dev only balanced by statistics theyd see this drop and assume that its because its underpowered when infact its just bad players, at higher levels of play it might be used properly but that doesnt change the overall statistic. There are a lot of variables that affect balance and winrate should be one way to identify what is healthy for the game. 50% winrate also doesnt mean its fun or healthy for the game, sub 50% doesnt always mean its underpowered,  hell even in a game without patches the meta changes.

To be a good balance dev you would have to ask low, medium and, highskill players on their opinions of different classes and their own classes alongside statistics of traits and I mean with one spvp balance dev or whatever I doubt theyll fix a lot of classes.

You cant really balance a game, atleast totally, but you change it to make it fairer and more enjoyable

Update:

I Decided to finally play ranked again for the first time in a millennia.

I went into my placements fully prepared to lose all 10. I decided I would play a meme build because I wanted to start off my climb in a lower rank,

but I draw a distinction between throwing in the build editor and throwing in the match, so I decided I would still try my best. 

I went in with my 12k hp, zero sustain GS Firebrand build. 

I literally played as wreckless as possible, testing the limits of what the build could do. 

I saw a necro pop lich. The intelegent side of my brain said "LoS and wait out the cooldown"

So natrually I went full unga bunga and threw my fleshy 12k hp body at them, did my best roleplay of a blender while literally rolling my face over every skill that gives aegis... I insta downed the necro.

Many dumb decisions that shouldn't have worked out later. I hit plat for the first time. 

Somewhere along the way I realized that guardian has more crit chance modifiers than necro has health bars, so I swapped my amulet to valkyrie, tested my damage in Arc Dps, saw very little diffrence compared to berserker, and now I'm a GS Firebrand main. 

No you still can't have my build

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I have found an OP Berserker build that's amazing in decapping, roaming, +1'ing , teamfights and support...

But it's like super secret. You guys probably don't even have the correct traitlines outside the core 5.

Oops I didn't mean to say that 😲

I was working on a berserker build, it was on the eh fine enough place for pvp and Arenanet manage to nerf it somehow with the resistance  rune first than the resistance rework. Big brother is watching no fun allowed.

The other one was when I think I managed to convince people to play FT scrapper. Ou man the pitchforks were on the forum lol.
All you have to do is play it enough share it a few times and get it streamed by Teapot on a tourney , if it is weird enough and you win it will get attention.

• Haha 1

Saw one of Phantaram's archived vids on twitch and was hesitant to show his build when asked but he did anyway. 

Granted he was playing a non OP core glass cannon ele build which I play sometimes to counter fire weavers. But I play the glass weaver, not core. 

Sometimes I watch Grimjack but he only displays his fire weaver build on twitch, altering runes and traits. I seldom see him do this on his glassier builds. 

Both are amazing at playing elementalist. Grimjack dude maybe a little underrated and he does a good job explaining things. 

I multi class but I lose a bit of self respect the few times I played core necro and scourge. Reaper, I dont feel guilty playing.