Archemorus/Viktor and Shiro

BobbyT.7192

2 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

maybe we can get only new legends - without Shiro and others. 

Ooh, that would be super interesting if each of those two new legends were tight to a complete utility set of their own that you can swap back and forth, meaning that you cannot equip any of the previous legends when playing the Vindicator. 👍

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Ooh, that would be super interesting if each of those two new legends were tight to a complete utility set of their own that you can swap back and forth, meaning that you cannot equip any of the previous legends when playing the Vindicator. 👍

This would be the absolute worst case scenario. It would be no different then what we have now where we pick two legends and swap between the two except we would be stuck with the same two the entire time we are in the new espec. This is the complete opposite of giving Rev more choice which is one of the chief complaints of Rev mains. For ANETs sake I hope they either give us 2 new legends to use along side the base legends for a total of 3 at a time (which feels a little power creepish but I'd still be down) or the new legend is a single legend where we can pick and choose skills between two skillsets (Viktor/Archemorus). 

Not sure about anyone else ,but if I can't use GS with Shiro I'm going to rage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Deleting the core class would be "super interesting"?

It doesn't even work anyway, they would have to rework half the traits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Griffith.7238 said:

This would be the absolute worst case scenario. It would be no different then what we have now where we pick two legends and swap between the two except we would be stuck with the same two the entire time we are in the new espec. This is the complete opposite of giving Rev more choice which is one of the chief complaints of Rev mains. For ANETs sake I hope they either give us 2 new legends to use along side the base legends for a total of 3 at a time (which feels a little power creepish but I'd still be down) or the new legend is a single legend where we can pick and choose skills between two skillsets (Viktor/Archemorus). 

Another possibility could be to offer two legends, but you don't HAVE to use both of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Griffith.7238 said:

I think you may cracked the code. I think we get two legends in one but not with 5 skills but 10. For each slot, choosable like any other utility skill.

36 minutes ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

I think you may cracked the code. I think we get two legends in one but not with 5 skills but 10. For each slot, choosable like any other utility skill.

This would make these legends sound considerably more interesting to me than they were at first. Hope you're right.

1 hour ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

10 skills is not likely, since we actually have to unlock them with skill points. My prediction is that the elite was the ghostly Archemorus we saw in the trailer, and vindicator gets 2 elites, choosing between Arch and Viktor. 

6 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

10 skills is not likely, since we actually have to unlock them with skill points. My prediction is that the elite was the ghostly Archemorus we saw in the trailer, and vindicator gets 2 elites, choosing between Arch and Viktor. 

I wonder if ghost Archemorus is necessarily the elite. Seems to be winding up to throw a spear - if that's a single-target attack, it might not be all that much stronger than Icerazor, just in the form of one big attack rather than a series of smaller attacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I wonder if ghost Archemorus is necessarily the elite. Seems to be winding up to throw a spear - if that's a single-target attack, it might not be all that much stronger than Icerazor, just in the form of one big attack rather than a series of smaller attacks.

If they use the gw1 spear for inspiration, it was also a knockdown, and considering how telegraphed it was, it's worthy of some hard cc. Then again, it risks being too similar to Facet of Chaos.

8 minutes ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

If they use the gw1 spear for inspiration, it was also a knockdown, and considering how telegraphed it was, it's worthy of some hard cc. Then again, it risks being too similar to Facet of Chaos.

If they are copying the GW1 mechanic, it'd probably be closer to Jade Wind, ironically enough - damaging and CCing opponents in a radius. Chaotic Release is more of a forward cone effect.

The animation implies a spear throw, however, rather than the GW1 spear slam. Which could be a "damage and knock down everyone over THERE!" But that's something that's probably still in the realm of things that don't necessarily have to be an elite.

Wouldn't surprise me, in fact, if there are two skills that are Viktor-focused, two that are Archemorus-focused, and one that invokes both at once. But we'll see in the GuildChat. 

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I agree, I think the Spear attack may just be a follow up type skill.  Personally I think the shout into dragoon dive is the elite.  The mist explosion before the dive is reminiscent albeit in a very small way to the Jade Wind death wail from the original promo trailer and the end pose seems to be the Vindicator's signature pose (since it's in the artwork and emphasised at the end of the video.

Here is the original promo video for anyone who hasn't seen it - 

Edited by GrayHawk.7560

2 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

I mean you would still be able to unlock 10 in pairs of two. I would like if you would have choice like with normal utilities. So you could choose between two heals, 6 utilities and 2 elites.

I would actually love it if you could mix and match the skills instead of 5 fixed skills with a flip over mechanic, but eitherway i am curious how it will play out.

Edited by InsaneQR.7412

38 minutes ago, GrayHawk.7560 said:

I agree, I think the Spear attack may just be a follow up type skill.  Personally I think the shout into dragoon dive is the elite.  The mist explosion before the dive is reminiscent albeit in a very small way to the Jade Wind death wail from the original promo trailer and the end pose seems to be the Vindicator's signature pose (since it's in the artwork and emphasised at the end of the video.

Here is the original promo video for anyone who hasn't seen it - 

I dont like the spear skill,... makes no sense. the  legend using the spear made from himself....its bones.

Archmorus spear was made from is remains

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spear_of_Archemorus

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I dont like the spear skill,... makes no sense. the  legend using the spear made from himself....its bones.

Archmorus spear was made from is remains

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spear_of_Archemorus

Yep, it's pretty metal.  In Factions the Spear empowered your attacks once you got it, this is probably just a visual representation for follow ups and flavour I assume.