Ether Feast Rework [Idea]

Justine.6351

Ether FeastHeal yourself. Emit a field in front of you that consumes enemy magical wards, healing you.

Glamour1 second cast25second rechargeHeal: 4000 (.2)Heal on field removal: 750(.1)Radius: 600 forward coneField duration: 3 secondsChaos fieldBlast finisherRemoves enemy combo fields

First it does it's basic heal. Then it creates a glamour field in a cone in front of you and travels and aims with you for 600 range. Any combo fields it comes into contact with on pulse, are removed and you are further healed. On the last pulse it does a blast finisher to grant aoe chaos armor.

Idk just a thought.

@Justine.6351 said:Sorry didn't know it was a popular heal. Do kind of want a glamour heal though.

o.0 how did you not know that? It shares the shortest cast time among base mesmer heals, has the highest base heal along with the highest HP contribution to it, along with a very low CD compared to SoE. It also grants even more health if we have illusions out. In fact, only traited mirror is better than ether feast as a core mesmer heal (4,299 every 12 seconds on traited mirror, with 4sec mirror, compared to 5,560-7,780 every 20 seconds with ether feast depending on your illusions. Over the course of a minute, traited mirror heals for only 1k less health than casting a 3 illusion ether feast off CD).

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Sorry didn't know it was a popular heal. Do kind of want a glamour heal though.

o.0 how did you not know that? It shares the shortest cast time among base mesmer heals, has the highest base heal along with the highest HP contribution to it, along with a very low CD compared to SoE. It also grants even more health if we have illusions out. In fact, only traited mirror is better than ether feast as a core mesmer heal (4,299 every 12 seconds on traited mirror, with 4sec mirror, compared to 5,560-7,780 every 20 seconds with ether feast depending on your illusions. Over the course of a minute, traited mirror heals for only 1k less health than casting a 3 illusion ether feast off CD).

I just assumed people used one of the other 3 traited or well of eternity.

Oooohhh, create a skill discussion ... Glamour heal ... Hmm ... Certainly a light or ethereal field and some kind of mesmery support mechanic.

Twist of Fate - 1 sec cast, 20 sec cd. Heal yourself and create a field of energy that confuses foes whenever they activate a skill and grants regeneration to allies whenever they take damage.

Heal: 5560 (1.0)Confusion (1x): 3 secRegeneration: 3 secDuration: 5 secNumber of Targets: 5Radius: 240Combo field: EtherealRange: 1200Unblockable

While the idea of a glamour heal is nice, I don't think Ether Feast needs to be reworked. Would rather have an entirely new glamour heal.

Ether Feast could be made into an Illusion heal (synergy with Illusionist's Celerity for cooldown) spawning a clone if less than 3 illusions are active, although it could be too strong with 20% cooldown reduction.

ether feast from gw1 is tide to nrg loss and not illusion. i agree this heal skill should be tide to illusion skill . so you can get the cd depands on illusion trait choice. even if it be 16 sec cd.the rework can be:each illusion heal 640 around it - more aoe supportorfor each illusion out you gain a boon (aegis, vigor, protection)orfor each illusion out your dmg is increase by 7% for 5 sec.orfor each illusion out you cleanse 1 condition

Even when traited, only mirror outperforms ether feast. The mantra is too clunky (arguably better now, but they also nerfed the healing when you are above 50% health, despite it literally being designed as a weak heal we are supposed to spam......), SoE has a huge CD for a worse heal. Its notably used for its ability to reset phantasm skill CDs > @Curunen.8729 said:

While the idea of a glamour heal is nice, I don't think Ether Feast needs to be reworked. Would rather have an entirely new glamour heal.

Ether Feast could be made into an Illusion heal (synergy with Illusionist's Celerity for cooldown) spawning a clone if less than 3 illusions are active, although it could be too strong with 20% cooldown reduction.

20% CD reduction on ether feast would be way too good, especially on a minor trait.

Thematically speaking, I've always thought that Ether Feast should be similar to a shatter, since you're literally consuming the energy of your clones. It would be similar to Distortion where they just shattered in place. They would need to buff the healing per clone if implemented like this however.

However, that would give us access to another shatter which would be effected by traits. Yeah, idk it's already getting a bit too complicated now that I consider what I've just written. haha

@MailMail.6534 While I can't agree with making ether feast a shatter, I think that the idea of a shatter that heals us and cures conditions is a really good one. This would lessen our dependence on Inspirations for sustained healing and condi cleanse. Though I don't know where I would put it, maybe roll CoF into MW and then place this new one as F2?

Archived