Refund issue

So 2 days ago i requested a refund as i bought the DLC's and then literally 3 days later they had a Prime Gaming amazon deal. Which i felt a bit bad cause i just spent double the amount i could have.

So anyway i was asked for my roder number, email adress and billing adress which i provided and they looked furhter into refunding the DLC's

However today i received this support ticket. Which left me with a headache
''Hello,

Thanks for your update.

We have submitted the refund. As this was an online banking order, an automatically generated e-mail was sent to you with a link to enter refund information. You must complete all fields, including bank account information, to receive a refund.

I have also reset the password to your "findmyorder" account just in case you need to log in there so that you can complete any steps for the refund.

Once the steps are complete, you will receive the refund generally within 7-10 business days.

Please let us know if you have further questions.''

Now i had never even heard of ''findmyorder'' nor ahd i made an account there so i found it quite weird that they ''reset' a password for an account which i had never made or heard of.
I wasn't able to find it either as the Order number couldn't be traced through the website and my email + last four digits of credit card also didn't find anything

Furthermore i also never received the automated generated  email that they spoke of.
So obviously i went back tot he support ticket and asked what was up. i figured they'll take a day to reply. (which should be tomorrow) and i would wait patiently if it wasn't for the following

THEY REMOVED MY DLC's ! ???!?!?!

So they removed the DLC's and i have yet to hear or know what to do with the refund really. I'm left confused and agitated.
They want me to fill something in ''findmyorder'' through an email which i had never received. and they removed the DLC's without a refund.

If anyone has experience with this issue PLEASE help me out.
They removed the expansions. While the refund still hasn't arrived nor got an email about it.

Edited by PlayerFour.2387

So i bought the DLC's on another accoutn aswell using the Prime Gaming 50% off. And the whole order code looks way different. and i got 2 order confirmations for that account. One to trace through digital river. and one for Arenanet.

So how does this work? Why does the full price account only get one small code.

And the prime gaming 50% off account got 2 emails with longer codes.

Something is seriously off at Arenanet and Digital River. I need answers. i need help

It looks like this "findmyorder" thing is part of Digital River? I had never heard of it, either. If I'd received an email like that, scam alerts would be going off in my brain like it was test day at the smoke alarm factory. At least until I really looked into things.

I have made purchases through Digital River in the past with no issues other than their strange account system, but I am not surprised a refund would be this convoluted. If I can find any more details on it, I will let you know.

Edit: you sent that as I was typing 🙂

When you placed the order the first time, was it done the same way as the second time? (With the exception of using the 50% off code.) I would think the process would be the same for both orders.

5 minutes ago, PlayerFour.2387 said:

So i bought the DLC's on another accoutn aswell using the Prime Gaming 50% off. And the whole order code looks way different. and i got 2 order confirmations for that account. One to trace through digital river. and one for Arenanet.

So how does this work? Why does the full price account only get one small code.

And the prime gaming 50% off account got 2 emails with longer codes.

Something is seriously off at Arenanet and Digital River. I need answers. i need help

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 1

Thank you Tanek !

Furthermore i just tried checking the findmyorder site again and it simply refuses to open as it keeps saying ''Failed to load page, This could be due to disabling cookies, try clearing cookies'' which i now have done multiple times...

I even tried to go to that website on different browsers. Microsoft edge and Google Chrome.

I'm starting to get really annoyed with this whole process. i just hope they can help me in the support ticket.

I'll update this thread when i hear from support.

11 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

It looks like this "findmyorder" thing is part of Digital River? I had never heard of it, either. If I'd received an email like that, scam alerts would be going off in my brain like it was test day at the smoke alarm factory. At least until I really looked into things.

I have made purchases through Digital River in the past with no issues other than their strange account system, but I am not surprised a refund would be this convoluted. If I can find any more details on it, I will let you know.

Edit: you sent that as I was typing 🙂

When you placed the order the first time, was it done the same way as the second time? (With the exception of using the 50% off code.) I would think the process would be the same for both orders.

Yeah i used the same process. I used bank payment through iDeal. on both accounts

I believe i can't show pictures on forums. Otherwise i'd show my full email list of both emails from the past few days.

8 minutes ago, PlayerFour.2387 said:

Thank you Tanek !

Furthermore i just tried checking the findmyorder site again and it simply refuses to open as it keeps saying ''Failed to load page, This could be due to disabling cookies, try clearing cookies'' which i now have done multiple times...

I even tried to go to that website on different browsers. Microsoft edge and Google Chrome.

I'm starting to get really annoyed with this whole process. i just hope they can help me in the support ticket.

I'll update this thread when i hear from support.

I checked out the findmyorder site. There are two options for looking up orders and one looks like it just uses your email address and the last 4 of a credit card. If your order was straight through a bank with no card number attached, that might be why they needed to go the other route with an order number and password.

This is part of the "strange account system" I had mentioned in the previous post. Whenever I bought through them (this was for LOTRO expansions a few years back), I had to make a new password for each order. Now that part of the process makes a tiny biot more sense. (Well, not *sense* exactly, but this might explain it.)

The missing email sounds like it might be the only way through here. If it was sent via automated system, who knows where it might have come from. Your mail system might have seen it as spam where the ones direct from Support were not. I am guessing you have already checked your spam folder and it is not there. Could just be taking a bit of time to be sent (again, who knows what process it is going through), but make sure to let support know you have not received it. If this is the purchase provider they choose to use, it is their responsibility to make sure it works for their customers.

Good luck! If I get any more info, I will let you know.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Like 1

Ok, with the information that the orders were done through iDeal (again, hadn't heard of that, but plenty of info online; yay google), I looked up how refunds are handled. A few sources indicate that iDeal itself does not handle refunds and that they go directly through the bank. 
https://www.ideal.nl/en/consumers/frequently-asked-questions/

In case of a return the merchant has to credit you via an irrevocable SEPA Credit Transfer, not depending on the original iDEAL transaction. Handling refunds is not part of the iDEAL scheme. If the merchant has indicated that they have refunded the transaction, they should have refunded it via a Credit transfer. If the merchant has refunded the transactions, you should receive the money the next business day into your bank account. We recommend that you contact <merchant> and ask them on what date they have created the Credit Transfer. If the Credit Transfer was successful, the merchant can provide you with a payment confirmation, containing your account number and the date of the Credit Transfer.

In addition to ArenaNet Support, you might want to contact your bank to see if they have any helpful information on how this should be handled. I'm sure they have seen things like this before and it might help resolve things more quickly. (Or it might get even more complicated. Modern "convenience"!)

Again, good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply inculpatus cedo !

23 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

To access Digital River sites, or sites that use Digital River, you must allow tracking.  (Not cookies, but tracking.)

Do you maybe know why they referred me to findmyorder ? i had never heard of it before. And i still can't find my order i believe that's because i was only sent 1 order confirmation the 8 digit/number code. And i think i need one with 12 digits like my other email got. I find it very strange that i even have to go through findmyorder in the first place.

IF theres anything more you know about the situation i'd be glad to hear so.

For the timebeing i will make sure to allow Tracking as well as cookies when i next look at that website.
Thanks again guys i truely appreciate any support i can get !

I only know 'findmyorder' is part of Digital River's support, having perused the site several times. 

I've not heard/read anything about GW2's CS Team ever having directed anyone to their site for a refund, though.  It might have something to do with your payment provider.  I've not seen/read about anyone using that one before, either.   /shrug

• Like 1

So after asking support a bit more about what i should do for my refund. Today i woke up and found this response to my ticket

''We apologize for the inconvenience.

I confirmed that the refund was processed and submitted to your financial institution on  2021-09-15. That being, said we suggest you to wait for said time frame first in order for the refund to reflect on your end. 

Let us know if you have not receive the refund after 10 business days.''

So it should all be solved !
Still a bit odd that i was told to go through findmyorder first but oh well it happens i guess 🙂

I'd like to thank u guys in this thread  for the help and Anet support aswell.
Have a great one guys ! Enjoy Tyria

• Like 1