New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

Ok now this is more like it. Revenant has me a little worried but this one is quite interesting. Warrior gets a Kit! Only concern is that the gunsabre is painfully, agonisingly ugly.
The overly massive handguard needs to be removed at the very least. Right now the weapon is more egregiously aesthetic breaking than any of the engineering kit weapons. This alone might put me off using the spec.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Ok now this is more like it. Revenant has me a little worried but this one is quite interesting. Warrior gets a Kit! Ony concern is that the spellsabre is painfully, agonisingly ugly.

The overly massive handguard needs to be removed at the very least. Right now the weapon is more egregiously aesthetic breaking than any of the engineering kit weapons. This alone might put me off using the spec.

maybe skins will come with it in the expac. 

In any case, if I could ask for something that would be a tad better name. Bladesworn feels like a mouthful.

edit: like legit who came up with the names

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Warrior looks like it has the coolest of the bunch so far.

So Gunblade Mode as a photon forge type kit plus 2 traditional weapon swaps means running around with effectively 3 full weapon kits. 

Define cool... I dislike a warrior holding a gun and I personally find the concept of a gun-blade stupid. Guess after 9 years of playing core warrior, I'll remain a core warrior.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 3

It seems cool. I still think an offensive support-like specialization would have been better and reworking berserker and core would have fix all warrior issues.

But heh, at least the new spec seems to be good. Mobility, AoE, some mid-ranged? damage. I'm more curious about the traits and how will they compensate the core specializations.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

The gun saber looks condi based.

I saw some vuln, may see some burning tot he thematic ig, maybe it comes with some bleed. Ideally I want a semi condi line. A hybrid, perhaps less condi than zerker. But I also want some power and tank options. I don't see this being played out more differently than current warrior iterations tho. Instead of Full Countering in melee you cover up your kitten with range.

Just now, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I saw some vuln, may see some burning tot he thematic ig, maybe it comes with some bleed. Ideally I want a semi condi line. A hybrid, perhaps less condi than zerker. But I also want some power and tank options. I don't see this being played out more differently than current warrior iterations tho. Instead of Full Countering in melee you cover up your kitten with range.

We'll see how much range it has, it's definitely something warrior is weak at compared to all other professions.

Just now, Kallist.5917 said:

I dont think its a new burst, guys. They kept it out through all their attacks. That's a Kit.

I think its the class mechanic. Kits can't work with warrior cause of discipline and weapon swap. Unless if we lose weapon swap which would then clash with discipline and it's traits, as well as warrior rune and weaponswap CD reduction, which is non-existent in kits. And ofc Kits and Conjuresgo to the professions without weapon swap.

• Confused 1

This looks awesome 🤩. Now I am really hyped for Beta next week. Especially becaus this :

1 minute ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Iaijutsu, attacks so fast and powerful they cleave things that should be out of reach of your weapon.   Quickdraw that dashes through enemies.

It's a weeb spec in the best possible way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

We'll see how much range it has, it's definitely something warrior is weak at compared to all other professions.

if its kitten and this is the reason our resistance was nerfed then I wont like it lol

in terms of thematic, I dont particulalry enjoy the "calmness theme" being explored again..That was SpB's..

I would prefer agonizing fury or something more brutal , pain maybe insrtead of zerker's rage.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kallist.5917 said:

I dont think its a new burst, guys. They kept it out through all their attacks. That's a Kit.

It's definitely a photon forge style kit.  Bladesword probably gives Gun Saber as the F1, Dragon Trigger for the F2 which is a burst type skill for Gun Saber only, and adrenaline will be renamed "flow".

"They can load their gun saber with magically imbued cartridges that power up their attacks."

Sounds like they might get a utility skill type that's basically thief poisons for the gun saber.  Different ammunition that'll apply effects on the next few gun saber attacks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flaming.4250 said:

After watching the video a few times I am left a little bit confused is that a new wepon? Or is something else going on here?

Definatly going to have to watch the streem and beata test this.

Guessing it's like the photon forge mode on Holo. Or it's a kit.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Iaijutsu, attacks so fast and powerful they cleave things that should be out of reach of your weapon.   Quickdraw that dashes through enemies.

It's a weeb spec in the best possible way.

you could always play a ninja thief if you are weeb... i really am disappointed of how far from warrior, warrior specs are. Berserker is ok but the mechanic really reeeaaally sucks and its boring as hell for open world.

• Confused 2