New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

4 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Iaijutsu, attacks so fast and powerful they cleave things that should be out of reach of your weapon.   Quickdraw that dashes through enemies.

It's a weeb spec in the best possible way.

This. I'd love for this to be the case. I just NEED would like them to make a small change to the weapon skin. That huge disc is jarring. It doesn't fit the style or theme...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

This. I'd love for this to be the case. I just NEED would like them to make a small change to the weapon skin. That huge disc is jarring. It doesn't fit the style or theme...

I agree, Gun saber looks not really appealing. We will see if we can somehow change the skin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Utilities wise I'm not sure what we're getting, they did mention meditations which we already have.

1 minute ago, Kallist.5917 said:

I get it, so like a Function kit, same as Holosmith. Ok.. they didnt show us the Utilities though, would have been nice.

"They can load their gun saber with magically imbued cartridges that power up their attacks."

Sounds like they might get a utility skill type that's basically thief poisons for the gun saber.  Different ammunition that'll apply effects on the next few gun saber attacks.  Stuff like "Your gun saber attacks now have 600 range" or burning. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 1

For those who said that we would receive a support here a video describing how was the test against other classes on beta test :

The First class test was a Thief.

The Second class test was a Necro scourge you can easily see it by the blue color

The third class was the mesmer.

The Fourth class was the Dead-Eye truck you can see it been shot 2 times with the gunblad.

The Fifth class was the guardian with aegis and invulnerables skills. You can see that we struck him very fast.

Whatch with care you gonna see all the skill.  And the most important thing about this video below is the increadible support capacity of the warrior. As you can see we are carrying other with us on our machine gun class.

@Grand Marshal.4098 @Lan Deathrider.5910 feel free to describe our new skills hahaa.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801
  • Confused 4

Just now, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

And since they only showed the offhand pistol do 1 attack I'm guessing it won't be doing much, probably a throw away weapon.

Probs an aoe explosive attack (projectile explodes on target) or a "cone" aoe xdddddddddddddddddddddddddd

And maybe a filler auto-attack lvl skill 4 if the one shown was skill 5. Basically harbingers will farm us with their pistols lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

And if the dragon trigger/gun saber is like photon forge were losing more versatility I feel.

I'm not sure about this. If it is like photon forge, then we'd essentially have a 3rd weapon set. Whether it increases or decreased versatility would depend on whether it provides anything new. If it's all melee-range and power stat, then you're right. If it's boons / aoe at range, you'd be wrong. Sadly from the video, it looks very much melee-range but even that could mean we would finally have room for a ranged weapon. At least hypothetically.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

And since they only showed the offhand pistol do 1 attack I'm guessing it won't be doing much, probably a throw away weapon.

Arenanet dev 1:  "How do we make people excited about this spec that uses off hand pistol?"

Arenanet Dev 2:  "I've got it!  Just have the spec include another greatsword!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

I'm not sure about this. If it is like photon forge, then we'd essentially have a 3rd weapon set. Whether it increases or decreased versatility would depend on whether it provides anything new. If it's all melee range power, then you're right. If it's boons / aoe at range, you'd be wrong. Sadly from the video, it looks very much melee range but even that could mean we would finally have room for a ranged weapon. At least hypothetically.

And if it's replacing our F1 abilities (and not giving boons/support) none of the rest of our weapons will have a burst which is where we get a bunch of damage.

Ngl that charged blade rush skill looks like the samurai charge skill in ff14.......and I like it, prob one of the best skill animations I've seen in gw2, good job on devs part. Also the spec seems interesting and creative, this reveal was a nice surprise. Best looking espec bunch so far imo.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

And if it's replacing our F1 abilities (and not giving boons/support) none of the rest of our weapons will have a burst which is where we get a bunch of damage.

QFT. It is a concern.

They did say they were breaking the rules. I'm still kinda excited (except for the skin, it really disturbs me) for the potential. Whether it's worth the cost would depend on what it actually gives us. I mean you're right, to make up for it the GunS would have to be pretty kitten powerul.  Which I suppose could be a problem in and of itself.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017

36 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Ok now this is more like it. Revenant has me a little worried but this one is quite interesting. Warrior gets a Kit! Only concern is that the gunsabre is painfully, agonisingly ugly.
The overly massive handguard needs to be removed at the very least. Right now the weapon is more egregiously aesthetic breaking than any of the engineering kit weapons. This alone might put me off using the spec.

U can tell this spec is heavily influenced be samurai, anet did a good job of creating a samurai influenced gunblade spec imo but I agree that the hand guards a bit to large, im guessing they did it to make the gun blade resemble  a katana. 

• Like 2

Just now, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

U can tell this spec is heavily influenced be samurai, anet did a good job of creating a samurai influenced gunblade spec imo but I agree that the hand guards a bit to large, im guessing they did it to make the gun blade resemble  a katana. 

That's my assumption. Not sure it has to be the size of a dinner plate, tho. Pretty sure your average tsuba is a bit more wieldy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

QFT. It is a concern.

They did say they were breaking the rules. I'm still kinda excited (except for the skin, it really disturbs me) for the potential. Whether it's worth the cost would depend on what it actually gives us. I mean you're right, to make up for it the GB would have to be pretty kitten powerul.  Which I suppose could be a problem in and of itself.

I mean for raids the power berserker our F1 is the heaviest hitter we have.

• Like 1