New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

The only thing I'll say is if we can't change how Gunsaber looks, can we at least dye it to preferred colours? Cuz if I'm gonna be using it for the majority of my play, I want to at least have a level of customization for it. 

Doubt they would do it but ANet should've at least considered the customisation side of things when they made this E-Spec super focused on this thing to the point that it's treated as a 2nd weapon

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, Naneel.2348 said:

I am also not sure why flow needs another charge mechanic then adrenalin, puts the one utility skill in a wierd spot, when we cut just gain flow like adrenalin 🤔. Elite feels worst for me. Sounds like they went out of ideas and to compensate made the cooldowns high to justify this skill.

Thats probably because they went for the typical style of the media samurai - you know the one with the single decisive strike. With that in mind mindlessly slashing at your opponent doesnt really feel right.

I agree that the elite is not something really flashing, but i actually quite like that. It is something that feels like a cornerstone of a build instead of "press to do lots of dmg" and therefore reminds me of my typical builds in GW1.

• Confused 1

On 9/16/2021 at 4:52 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

They probably went just with offhand pistol because the gunsabre already offers an entire new kit for warrior with 5 skills (at least that's most likely how it works), so they went with the option that gives the least amount of weapon skills to not overload it.

Why do people call it a kit? Basically it's a weapon that your forced to have if you takes bladesworn 

2 minutes ago, Valik Shin.9027 said:

Why do people call it a kit? Basically it's a weapon that your forced to have if you takes bladesworn 

Because it effectively is a kit, not a weapon.

From the livestream, we can assume the following:

You don't get access to it via your weapon swap button, but via F1, just like the kits you put on 6-0 are not on the weapon swap button.

As far as we know, it's one skin for every, like kits and unlike weapons which can be customized.

Like kits and unlike weapons, there are no stats attached to it.

We also still get to equip two weapon sets which can be swapped out of combat, like Engineer and Elementalist.

As one can see, its functionality is exactly like a kit and nothing like a weapon.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Because it effectively is a kit, not a weapon.

From the livestream, we can assume the following:

You don't get access to it via your weapon swap button, but via F1, just like the kits you put on 6-0 are not on the weapon swap button.

As far as we know, it's one skin for every, like kits and unlike weapons which can be customized.

Like kits and unlike weapons, there are no stats attached to it.

We also still get to equip two weapon sets which can be swapped out of combat, like Engineer and Elementalist.

As one can see, its functionality is exactly like a kit and nothing like a weapon.

Thus, like a Kit it should have a 1s ICD from swapping into/out of instead of the 10s base weapon swap CD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Thus, like a Kit it should have a 1s ICD from swapping into/out of instead of the 10s base weapon swap CD.

That could be a matter of balance. Tomorrow will be the day feedback should matter.

For example, it might take more resources but we should be able to do something about the looks of the gunsaber...imho.

For my part, it was bad, like all the other specs in the end, I don't understand how this kind of such poor quality could be released, this expansion is going to be a disaster. It's slow, it's ugly, it has no interest, and it has no links researched and worked on Cantha. (And as a bonus, Anet even censored and blocked me for responding to a negative comment on their spec, you have to do it anyway ...). How can they believe for one moment that the warrior's spe could be interesting and not soporific ? I still wonder ...

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

For my part, it was bad, like all the other specs in the end, I don't understand how this kind of such poor quality could be released, this expansion is going to be a disaster. It's slow, it's ugly, it has no interest, and it has no links researched and worked on Cantha. (And as a bonus, Anet even censored and blocked me for responding to a negative comment on their spec, you have to do it anyway ...). How can they believe for one moment that the warrior's spe could be interesting and not soporific ? I still wonder ...

It's not necessarily going to be bad...ANet still has time to fix a lot of the issues for BS and the other specs. That is the point of having the betas, after all. It will be very interesting to see how the studio, with it's new hires and seemingly renewed commitment to GW2, will respond to this feedback.

Still, it is fair to wonder how many of the issues that we're seeing with BS and the other specs could have been anticipated and avoided had ANet solicited more player feedback during the early phases of creating the specs. I certainly understand an artist's desire for secrecy until his/her work is finished, but that secrecy comes with a price...and a heavy one, at least when it comes to designing specs that are supposed to be fresh and effective in 3 very different game modes...

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

It's not necessarily going to be bad...ANet still has time to fix a lot of the issues for BS and the other specs. That is the point of having the betas, after all. It will be very interesting to see how the studio, with it's new hires and seemingly renewed commitment to GW2, will respond to this feedback.

I believe this to be the case with PVE but not so much competitive modes. Bladesworn feels just like our other Warrior specs and that it is it feels mediocre. It's in Anet's sweet spot. We're going to have to call it a day on wishing it was something else.

But I ain't buying this shet lol.

10 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Cela ne va pas nécessairement être mauvais... ANet a encore le temps de résoudre beaucoup de problèmes pour BS et les autres spécifications. C'est le point d'avoir les bêtas, après tout. Il sera très intéressant de voir comment le studio, avec ses nouvelles recrues et son engagement apparemment renouvelé envers GW2, réagira à ces retours.

Pourtant, il est juste de se demander combien de problèmes que nous voyons avec BS et les autres spécifications auraient pu être anticipés et évités si ANet avait sollicité plus de commentaires des joueurs pendant les premières phases de création des spécifications. Je comprends certainement le désir de secret d'un artiste jusqu'à ce que son travail soit terminé, mais ce secret a un prix... différents modes de jeu...

Yeah, well, this is only a pseudo-technical improvement (especially since there is nothing to certify that the final product will be correct too), but suddenly ... even the visual of the kinds is like a gameplay of 2000s. Visually it is little worked, and mechanically ... boff. It's really calm, especially since he will suffer from his comparison with the FFXIV job which is just great for him.