New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

42 minutes ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

No we didn't have this discussion. Again I never told that warrior had plenty support capacity on core. Don't mislead my words again. I won't extend conversation to this topic.

Warrior is fine on High-End PvE, you gonna find a group to finish it with your Warrior or not. If they want, I can change to another class just to finish one boss or one raid. I don't care... and just to finish here: 'I won't be a bannerslave too.'

The problem with warrior support its close to guardian, that is the hole problem. If they push warrior to be a support they gonna reach what guardians do.

Pretty sure I didn't just imagine a discussion regarding the possibility of spellbreaker getting more supportive elements where a pillar of your argument was that all of the support in the healbreaker build actually came from core...

Your approach to a group that doesn't have space for a DPS may be to switch professions. I'm one step ahead in that regard - I don't bring warrior to instanced group PvE at all unless the group specifically wants banners. I usually rock up with guardian or rev instead, because those professions have versatility.

But I don't have a main per se. Other people do. And I've seen a lot of people, including warrior mains, expressing envy that other professions can rock up to a group and fill almost any vacancy while theirs can't. And I'd much rather see that gap closed by bringing up the professions that don't have that sort of capability than tearing the others down.

I'd agree that healbreaker certainly does feel a lot like you're basically playing shout guardian with warrior mechanics. But I don't think that it's inevitable that any warrior support spec that could possibly be imagined would feel like guardian. Firebrand's signature boons, for instance, are quickness and stability - if they go with, say, barrier and alacrity instead, they'll remain distinct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... Im not really sure about this one. Sure its a samurai-like spec with a pistol offhand which will be in itself not noteworthy probably. A daze or stun, some minor damage.. ye

About the possible condi aspect.. Well if they screw the balancing like harbringer (op condi, weak or non existent power) then the condi aspect will be bad (which would be weird since sword in itself is condi mainly) and the power decent (yes decent, since banners still exist).

Personally i like quickdraw moves (after playing nioh and sekiro) but this charged mobile Version moves too far for my taste and you wont have any control on the movement itself probably. Also playing like that in high end PVE where you need bursts since everything dies so fast.. dunno. Btw what will trigger our burst traits? 

Also judging by its design there wont be any support aspect again (which is fine to some, not me though). It looks pretty solid in general still.

Maybe im a bit too pessimistic but I just wait for CMC to show the gameplay, traits and utilities while drinking two bottles of water.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Well... Im not really sure about this one. Sure its a samurai-like spec with a pistol offhand which will be in itself not noteworthy probably. A daze or stun, some minor damage.. ye

About the possible condi aspect.. Well if they screw the balancing like harbringer (op condi, weak or non existent power) then the condi aspect will be bad and the power decent (yes decent, since banners still exist).

Personally i like quickdraw moves (after playing nioh and sekiro) but this charged mobile Version moves too far for my taste and you wont have any control on the movement itself probably. Also playing like that in high end PVE where you need bursts since everything dies so fast.. dunno. Btw what will trigger our burst traits? 

Also judging by its design there wont be any support aspect again (which is fine to some, not me though). It looks pretty solid in general still.

Maybe im a bit too pessimistic but I just wait for CMC to show the gameplay, traits and utilities while drinking two bottles of water.

Only two bottles? Homeboy is going to have a case up there with him.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

maybe skins will come with it in the expac. 

In any case, if I could ask for something that would be a tad better name. Bladesworn feels like a mouthful.

edit: like legit who came up with the names

Nah, nah it is perfect, now you can be Double BS when you take banners. Also 

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So, because the vast majority of sword skins are not "gunsabers", bladesworn will be firing bullets out of their swords.

And "adrenaline" is now "calmness"?

I think the majority consensus is the gunblade is more of a mode than a weapon.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430
  • Like 1

I don't like it.

We could have gotten something interesting and new, yet we get an offhand pistol and another sword.

How about you improve the swords we already have instead of giving us another one, Arenanet?

I doubt it will be more than a dumped down mixture of FF14's Gunbreaker and Samurai.

And since it looks like it'll be no more than yet another flavour of Banner DPS, I most likely won't play it much.

Warrior needs love, not manure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

nothing to do with samurai and katana.

ninja is ninja, samurai is samurai.

thief is thief, knight is knight.

samurai has nothing shadow in it, samurai fight fair and with honor and face to face.

scepter is more fitting for sure

Though I get what ur saying in video games terms but I just wanna throw this out there for fun.

Ninjutsu is a culmination of espionage war tactics created by samurai and taught to a degree to all samurai as part of their training, some samurai villages like koka and iga had a reputation for producing samurai that specialized in ninjutsu.

Every recorded shinobi in history was of a samurai family and other than when participating in such roles when a shinobi was needed they would have conducted themselves the same as other samurai.

We all think of samurai as heavy armored warriors and ninjas as the opposite but any situation where the shinobi would see combat only a bad shinobi wouldn't have worn his samurai armor. Shinobi were a integral and important part of samurai warfare. Sry for the stupid wall of text as I realize most could care less haha.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Though I get what ur saying in video games terms but I just wanna through this out there for fun.

Ninjutsu is a culmination of espionage war tactics created by samurai and taught to a degree to all samurai as part of their training, some samurai villages like koka and iga had a reputation for producing samurai that specialized in ninjutsu.

Every recorded shinobi in history was of a samurai family and other than when participating in such roles when a shinobi was needed they would have conducted themselves the same as other samurai.

We all think of samurai as heavy armored warriors and ninjas as the opposite but any situation where the shinobi would see combat only a bad shinobi wouldn't have worn his samurai armor. Shinobi were a integral and important part of samurai warfare. Sry for the stupid wall of text as I realize most could care less haha.

Yeah I know about that. Thanks for put this so people can understand that Ninja were a part of a samurai training its like a strategy.

We can see the ninja clearly as Spellbreaker with dual dagger.

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

also warrior will finally feel like a warrior aka from original description " master of weapons"

for having 3 weapons including gunblade, finally catching up other melee classes..

This 1000'% ^ warrior is soposed to be thee melee spec of the game but for years warrior has been one of if not the weakest melee class, really don't know how anet devs messes up warrior so bad...tho I have some ideas.

Wow!

I said a good while ago that something Anet could do with future elite specs was to give a second skillset to a weapon a class can already use so you could have something like a Warrior with two Greatswords that have totally different skills.

There's a good few differences from that post but they basically went and did it lol
You will now be able to have a warrior in Gw2 with 2 greatswords with different skill sets 😄 thats pretty great.

It's also great to see something like the Warrior get an elite spec that gives it a special weapon like this.
Outside of Engineer kits, Ele's conjure weapons and Reaper's Shroud Scythe this kind of thing doesn't happen in the game very often.
If anet truly can't find a way to mix the land and water weapon pools together then a future elite spec like this (paragon perhaps) that gives a class like warrior a land spear or halberd is still a definite possibility.

Edited by Teratus.2859

5 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Wow!

I said a good while ago that something Anet could do with future elite specs was to give a second skillset to a weapon a class can already use so you could have something like a Warrior with two Greatswords that have totally different skills.

There's a good few differences from that post but they basically went and did it lol
You will now be able to have a warrior in Gw2 with 2 greatswords with different skill sets 😄 thats pretty great.

It's also great to see something like the Warrior get an elite spec that gives it a special weapon like this.
Outside of Engineer kits, Ele's conjure weapons and Reaper's Shroud Scythe this kind of thing doesn't happen in the game very often.
If anet truly can't find a way to mix the land and water weapon pools together then a future elite spec like this (paragon perhaps) that gives a class like warrior a land spear or halberd is still a definite possibility.

Well warrior had bargain bin Spear bundles on banners before, they just got deleted at one point, without much protest.

4 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Ok now this is more like it. Revenant has me a little worried but this one is quite interesting. Warrior gets a Kit! Only concern is that the gunsabre is painfully, agonisingly ugly.
The overly massive handguard needs to be removed at the very least. Right now the weapon is more egregiously aesthetic breaking than any of the engineering kit weapons. This alone might put me off using the spec.

The 6 pages of the thread so far covered most of my opinions, but I just want to highlight the egregiously large handguard. The guards on the infused katana/wakizashi are also a bit oversized, but the gunsaber one is vomit-inducing.

24 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Bladesworn is imo the most "okay" name of the gen 3 elite specs.  The rest are bad.  Virtuoso?  Willbender? lol.

So far I'm personally alright with at least 3 of the names.

Bladesworn, Vindicator and Harbinger are alright

Virtuoso is a mismatch to how the E-Spec actually works imo

Willbender... Memetastic lmao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1