New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

21 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I'm just not feeling the name. How is this bladesworn and the focus is on gunnery? But then it's the same with other names like willbender. I just wish they kinda came up with names that actually fit with what it is. It's like buying a book with the title "Vampires" and it's about Werewolves.

I agree, some of the names are not really fitting. And they should really try to get someone who knows german better, their translations for some E-Specs are aweful 🤢 I already wrote in the associated threads for Willbender and Vindicator, but Bladesworn is also creepy : "Klingengeschworene". "Geschworene" are the people who judge trials , are they now judging blades 🤔

Edited by Naneel.2348

12 minutes ago, Naneel.2348 said:

I agree, some of the names are not really fitting. And they should really try to get someone who knows german better, their translations for some E-Specs are aweful 🤢 I already wrote in the associated threads for Willbender and Vindicator, but Bladesworn is also creepy : "Klingengeschworene". "Geschworene" are the people who judge trials , are they now judging blades 🤔

I agree that many German names for the elite specs are terrible (I HATE that firebrand in German is called "Aufwiegler"....), but the "Geschworene" part of the name actually makes sense.

"Geschworene" are the people who judge in trials, yes, but WHY are they called that? Because they have sworn an oath, just like bladesworn also seem to have sworn an oath.

So the "Klingengeschworene" and "Geschworene" are obviously not the same, they just draw from the same meaning of the word: someone who has sworn an oath.

This being said, the name in general is weird. Especially in combination with the icon. They are called bladesworn... and yet their icon is a bullet? This seems like some thematical disconnect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

It quite well could be that weaponswap is replaced by the Gunblade tbh and that the dragontrigger is just its F1 weapon burst and the rest of warrior stays the same.

Curious how it will turn out, eagerly awaiting friday.

I really hope it doesn't cause that would make warrior even worse for pvp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Let's hope we get actual good utilities. Utilites and traits with sustain, damage mitigation and overall performance in duels and teamplay. I'll be really depressed if we got an A tier espec. Our best class in competitive is Spellbreaker which has a low A tier ceiling. S tier this time, Anet.

S. Tier. Only.

I don't want an S tier espec for a few months and then its nerf city. No, S tier and let it stay S tier no matter what other classes say. Tweak this or tweak that, so be it. We don't have any S tiers anymore. We need the espec to be S tier and stay that way.

Funny thing is, Spellbreaker was S-tier at PoF release, but has been nerfed continuously since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsaneQR.7412 said:

It quite well could be that weaponswap is replaced by the Gunblade tbh and that the dragontrigger is just its F1 weapon burst and the rest of warrior stays the same.

I'd rather have the Gunblade being a variation of the Shroud mechanic that replaces burst skills than losing access to proper weapon swapping.

• Like 1

Well it is interesting I suppose, but I've been desperately hoping for a viable ranged DPS spec in the form of dual pistols for the last few years ever since they neutered rifle. I feel like the offhand pistol is a holdover from just such a thing and that this was developed last minute to replace it in response to FFXIV's suddenly spike in popularity.

I feel like this should have been a new class altogether rather than just shoving it exclusively into warrior since it's a brand new weapon type.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's a mistake to not have MH pistol, both for thematics and gameplay. Warrior being the master of weapons is cool and EoD "breaking the rules" doesn't need to break that one. I can't imagine there's gonna be a lot of use for just an off-hand.

In PvP it's reaaaaal hard to replace shield, and in PvE, it's gonna have to do infinity damage to match up with axe. Which isn't impossible mind you, but it'd be weird for pistol to have a similarly paced skill to axe 5. Like some kinda full auto pistol channel or something. Maybe something involving the new mechanic I guess.

I dunno, axe for damage (aoe damage, no less), shield for defensive/CC, mace for aoe CC, pistol's kinda hard to squeeze in, where in the main hand, it'd have its own niche as a medium ranged weapon, and you could run like, GS Pistol/Shield as an alternative to dagger or axe.

16 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

I think it's a mistake to not have MH pistol, both for thematics and gameplay. Warrior being the master of weapons is cool and EoD "breaking the rules" doesn't need to break that one. I can't imagine there's gonna be a lot of use for just an off-hand.

In PvP it's reaaaaal hard to replace shield, and in PvE, it's gonna have to do infinity damage to match up with axe. Which isn't impossible mind you, but it'd be weird for pistol to have a similarly paced skill to axe 5. Like some kinda full auto pistol channel or something. Maybe something involving the new mechanic I guess.

I dunno, axe for damage (aoe damage, no less), shield for defensive/CC, mace for aoe CC, pistol's kinda hard to squeeze in, where in the main hand, it'd have its own niche as a medium ranged weapon, and you could run like, GS Pistol/Shield as an alternative to dagger or axe.

They probably went just with offhand pistol because the gunsabre already offers an entire new kit for warrior with 5 skills (at least that's most likely how it works), so they went with the option that gives the least amount of weapon skills to not overload it.

15 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They probably went just with offhand pistol because the gunsabre already offers an entire new kit for warrior with 5 skills (at least that's most likely how it works), so they went with the option that gives the least amount of weapon skills to not overload it.

Yes but if we're losing our F1 bursts we'll have fewer overall skills than we had before. I can't think of any other elite specs walking away with fewer skills than they had with core.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

2 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Yes but if we're losing our F1 bursts we'll have fewer overall skills than we had before.

If that is the case. We don't know yet, could also be that the gunsabre is the F2 and the trade off is similar to spellbreaker by limiting the adrenaline tiers or something like this.

Just now, Lya Babies.9632 said:

it looks like bladesworn loses weapon swap 😕

As the gunsaber is considered their primary weapon, bladesworn lose access to the ability to equip and switch between two separate weapon sets while in combat.

from the massivelyOP article

Well that just breaks a bunch of warrior traits...

10 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I'm just not feeling the name. How is this bladesworn and the focus is on gunnery? But then it's the same with other names like willbender. I just wish they kinda came up with names that actually fit with what it is. It's like buying a book with the title "Vampires" and it's about Werewolves.

also the fact that the weapons called gunsaber, not gunblade, but its bladesworn? xD

Edited by Lighter.5631

5 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Lya Babies.9632 where's the article, I'm not seeing that in the one posted yesterday?

looks like I was wrong it's not from the massivelyop article but from a leaked press kit that the MOP article directly quotes from 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vfz8nbokjkyq5ro/AADTzUrT480cU2aagG22OKjAa?dl=0&preview=Elite+Specialization+Beta+2+press+brief.pdf

I guess we should take it with a grain of salt

2 minutes ago, Lya Babies.9632 said:

it looks like bladesworn loses weapon swap 😕

As the gunsaber is considered their primary weapon, bladesworn lose access to the ability to equip and switch between two separate weapon sets while in combat.

from the massivelyOP article

GREAT people wanted more option on how to play and they got one dimensional crap instead, no range option, no support just a DPS speck that is worse than berserker since berserker has variation on how you can play it because it has different burst skills.
It is like they read the forum and decided that they will do everything opposite of what people wrote about.
The best part I think they got the idea from me since I think I wrote about how DD  can be nerfed in PVP, by reducing its mobility and I pointed out that it could have just one weapon set and chose between shortbow and heavy damage weapon so it is one or the other and not both of the same time while buffing the traits for that in the speck.
And the bundle idea is also written somewhere in the forum in one of the Discipline shitshow threads, and the whole shtick was to give warrior a bundle to switch between and have more options with what weapons you can take instead of the GS x/shield on everything for PVP, so you get more mobility on the bundle but also get to use the less used weapons since they lack it . Dumb kitten decision right there bundle with one weapon set, and they think people are gona use offhand pistol lol, they will take shield AGAIN, if it did have 2 weapons set it could have been using the pistol.
I should probably stop writing ideas, all I see is Arenanet taking half of it and making it lame. kitten warrior TAX.   
@Lan Deathrider.5910@Grand Marshal.4098

• Confused 2