Do you ever regret your race/profession combo?

EpicName.4523

My primary ranger slot went through this.  Started with female norn and kept re rolling for a couple years.  My primary ranger has permanently settled as a female norn (because that's what I ended up liking after all for that particular character slot(.

Do what makes you happiest.  If it's re rolling it's cool.  If it's tucking that character away at a gathering node that's cool too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The only thing I regret right now is not having enough character slots to make up 10 characters because I'm too cheap to get them at the moment. I've got my characters planned out for each profession and the 10th character is gonna be a whichever profession scenario. 

You could always make it a disposable slot for weekly key runs. I had that going until I needed another mule, lol.

Just now, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Good point, I always forget that we can farm keys weekly on a new character.

Gives you something to use those tomes on, too. I've gotten to the point where I'm burning through the level 20 birthday boosts just to get them out of my bank. The only time I've ever used those thing for real is on classes I've already got. I like swapping classes, and I like using cultural armor, and I only have a single set of ascended gear for them. I'm working on the PvP legendary set right now, for this reason.

19 hours ago, EpicName.4523 said:

It is not only the way certain characters look, but also how the new elite specs totally change how they play. For example, they just announced the bladesworn elite for warriors. If you are a charr or human that is fine. But...I have a norn warrior that I imagined like a hulking barbarian, similarly to the one in Diablo. For a half-naked brute, it just looks silly to hold a tiny pistol in your off-hand. It just doesn't work thematically.

In such a case, i simply make another character, and i "divide" the roles between them (i.e. my original ranger character is now power soulbeast, but for druid healer and for condi soulbeast i made two other characters.

But in case you do not want to do that, there are a few bigger and/or more "crude" looking pistol skins you might use. Notice, that Rytlock in his old Warrior mode used an offhand pistol, and it did not look out of place for him.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

Yes, since skins are always tailored to fit humans and end up altered poorly or scaled incorrectly for other races.

So much so, its why I keep coming back to human, well asura too, just wish my asura could wear the cute stuff like my human and not have it change into pants and a turtleneck on her for cripes sake! 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:06 AM, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The only thing I regret right now is not having enough character slots to make up 10 characters because I'm too cheap to get them at the moment. I've got my characters planned out for each profession and the 10th character is gonna be a whichever profession scenario. 

Fell this. I'm wating for the kitten sale i was expecting but nada(also for the acountwide-slots) uu. And you can't even gift an charslot xx.

• Haha 1

I love my Sylvari and coming from someone whose a plant enthusiast and all about the environment it’s a perfect fit for me. 

However, I would like for armor skins/outfits to look/fit just as nice as they do on humans for all the other races. I think that’s one of the reasons why some people regret not picking Humans because they tend to look better in whatever armor/outfit gets released. 

They should probably release more varieties to the cultural armor 👍