Engineer Elite Specialization Prediction & Speculation Discussion

RobinotX.1604

As we still have to wait a month I guess it is nice to have this topic for all the speculation in one spot. With now seeing how Warrior and Elementalist have been leaning more into the technical side of things I have a feeling that Engineer will be great as well.

I once made a post about Mursaat like spec. What do you think what we get? Was the Name Pet bug a hint for Engineer? Are we getting minions?

Since the weapon got leaked I refrain from talking too much about that 🙂

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, MrForz.1953 said:

I don't know. There could be so many things an engineer could get given the nature of the profession. Too bad most of people's mindesets are limited to just unga minions and unga transforms.

The reason for that is that the bulky golem-like icon is still in play and it's probably not thief or ranger. Nor do either of the other two icons that remain look likely to be engineer.

A lot of people would prefer to see something different, but it's looking like something related to golem tech is what it's going to be, and golem tech thus far has meant either pets or transformations (see the asura elite skills). 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Harak.8397 said:

...and somehow the Canthans will be making better golems than the Asura. Just watch it happen... and people bending backwards to rationalize it.

It might not even be truly Canthan, I'd wager that Engi's getting something out of the return of the Aetherblades which are .a mix of inquest and pirates. Maybe it's tech heavy, maybe it's down to earth and related to specialized units like the Aetherblade thumpers and the likes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I hope we will not get an pure Pet spec like Ranger. Engi does not need that at all. Something like "call a mech to pilot it" would be much better.
And I hope next elite spec will have a true engineer aesthetic. Because Holosmith does not even feel like an engineer visually. I hate Holo with all my heart.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I wuld like to drive big meha-golem

shoting with bbg (big boy gun) on 3

fisting ppl with 1

flamethrower burst on 2

also aoe rockeds on 5

and maybe dash on 4

Also sigils wuld be nice idea and sharing stats from them on use

Full ofensive dps, and 300+ vitality if you mount up meha golem

Also your right arm on meha golem wuld change despend what type of kites you using

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Leap Of Faith.8263 said:

My guess is something like

A mechanical object (a stationary golem sorta) which is controlled like ventari tablet on rev. Probably pulsing boon/cc/projectile reflections/offensive stuff. Maybe control range of 1200.

I have a great name for that device: Gyros!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roads.5130 said:

I have a great name for that device: Gyros!

This is my biggest fear about this whole golemancer theme.

Every mechanic which are not pets and therefore could be viable is already present in our specs in another way... If it works like a buffing area, then this is just gyros all over again. If it is a mecha/body augment which changes your weapon skill bar, then this is just photon forge with another visual.

And if it really are minions.... then we are kittened. We will have to wait 3 years to get an elite spec then, waiting for the rework of these skills just like they had to rework the gyros into wells. Minions don't work for this game, at least not how minions anet designed so far are functioning. I have little hope that anet made some revolutionary new tech to make powerful minions and even if, they will probably get nerfed into unviability again because "this playstyle is too passive.... yes, I know I created it to be passive, but passive is not good, so I gotta nerf it... what do you mean I shouldn't design stuff which I know I don't want to be good in my game?".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Does it have to be a "golemancer"? I mean, it could be a cyborg theme since we see someone with a mechanic arms in EoD teaser. I believe the devs have enough experience with costumes, backpack, infusions and armor skins creation to be able to change the visual of a body part whatever your race is when you equip an e-spec.

We could imagine a spec that have a mechanical arm that replace the toolbelt, based on which utility skill you equip, this arm could give the engineer raw stats and generic skills on F1-F5, like signets:

1. - Elixirs: 30 concentration/30 vitality per elixir equiped. Active skill: Vent a poisonous fog that poison foes and grant regen to allies around you.
  2. - Kits: 4% healing effectiveness/10% endurance regen per kit equiped. Active skill: fire a lazer beam that deal damage and burn foes.
  3. - Turrets: 30 power/30 ferocity per turret equiped. Active skill: Send a rocket that deal damage and daze up to 5 foes (900 range/240 radius)
  4. - Gadget: 30 toughness/30 precision per gadget equiped. Active skill: Next X attacks are unblockable.
  5. - E-spec utility (that I'd like to be traps, because engineer need traps!): 30 expertise/30 condition damage per utility equiped. Active skill: send a bullet that deal damage, bleed and either immobilize, chill or cripple your target (1200 range).

Same "arm" skills would have a short shared CD (5s) and a 35-40s base CD.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Does it have to be a "golemancer"? I mean, it could be a cyborg theme since we see someone with a mechanic arms in EoD teaser. I believe the devs have enough experience with costumes, backpack, infusions and armor skins creation to be able to change the visual of a body part whatever your race is when you equip an e-spec.

We could imagine a spec that have a mechanical arm that replace the toolbelt, based on which utility skill you equip, this arm could give the engineer raw stats and generic skills on F1-F5, like signets:

1. - Elixirs: 30 concentration/30 vitality per elixir equiped. Active skill: Vent a poisonous fog that poison foes and grant regen to allies around you.
  2. - Kits: 4% healing effectiveness/10% endurance regen per kit equiped. Active skill: fire a lazer beam that deal damage and burn foes.
  3. - Turrets: 30 power/30 ferocity per turret equiped. Active skill: Send a rocket that deal damage and daze up to 5 foes (900 range/240 radius)
  4. - Gadget: 30 toughness/30 precision per gadget equiped. Active skill: Next X attacks are unblockable.
  5. - E-spec utility (that I'd like to be traps, because engineer need traps!): 30 expertise/30 condition damage per utility equiped. Active skill: send a bullet that deal damage, bleed and either immobilize, chill or cripple your target (1200 range).

Do I have to call Ermac to rip my arm(s) off each time I get switch to this spec?  😛

Edited by MrForz.1953
  • Confused 1

It stands to reason that they may be putting a more tanky elite spec in the game for engineer, a shield and mace would be the likely go-to, what the elite mechanic is remains to be seen, my thoughts are either that the bug was right and it will get a ranger-like pet or it may get a necromancer-like shroud for a "metal form" or golem suit. (I consider holo more revenant like in it's forge mechanic)

Utilities on the other hand? Commands or shouts would be an obvious one if it is a ranger-like pet, possibly traps could be another since if anyone would know how to make an awesome trap, it would be an engineer

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SkyCakeLight.3750 said:

I still don't see how a Charr or a Norn could fit in a golem. Scruffy is huge, yet it's only sized to fit an Asura. Charr or Norn golems would be the size of some raid bosses. 

I'm hoping for something more creative than a pet class that plays like Holosmith. 

It could be more like a mech-suit. Like Iron Man.

6 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

It stands to reason that they may be putting a more tanky elite spec in the game for engineer, a shield and mace would be the likely go-to, what the elite mechanic is remains to be seen, my thoughts are either that the bug was right and it will get a ranger-like pet or it may get a necromancer-like shroud for a "metal form" or golem suit. (I consider holo more revenant like in it's forge mechanic)

Utilities on the other hand? Commands or shouts would be an obvious one if it is a ranger-like pet, possibly traps could be another since if anyone would know how to make an awesome trap, it would be an engineer

We already have a tanky elite spec, tho. Scrapper has always been intended as our tank elite spec choice, which provides us now with tons of barrier. Hammer is also an amazing defensive weapon, since it grants access to a reflec on 2, evade on 3, and block + even more barrier on 4.

So that's not really a niche we need...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

The niche Engi needs is a selfless condi spec. 

Something that fills a similar design space to Firebrand or Scourge. 

We already have two different flavors of  power dps. We have two selfish classes with Scrapper and Holo. (Scrapper only got quickness tacked on recently). 

What we need now is something that properly augments condi engi and gives us the ability to support our allies. Currently Scrapper fills that role despite having terrible synergy with the pistol/shield weapon kit. Impact Savant is a dead trait on heal scrapper that only serves to make the spec squishier. 

I'd like to see something that can pair with the alchemy and inventions lines to make a well rounded condi support. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really hoping for a Golemancer that doesn't use Golem pets, but Golem parts for attacks. Like how Bayonetta summons demon fists and feet for attacks, or how Hera in Smite can just summon Argus's fists to punch her enemies. These could be like the Warrior's Burst abilities, building up energy for your Golem till you can Falcon punch.

Something more "caster-y," like an Artificer or an Izzet mage from Ravnica, might also be neat since Scrapper and Holosmith are both melee-focused. Could focus on manipulating magic via mechanical means.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

We would need to get massive power added elsewhere for this system to function.

Replacing the toolbelt with generic skills is limiting our build choices quite alot and quite some utility skills are actually used for their toolbelt skill instead of the utility. There are also other problems to consider, like the fact that med kit's actual healing skill is not placed on the utility skill bar, but on the toolbelt. If you replace "bandage self" with the generic suggestion for kits to fire a damaging laser beam.... then med kit becomes pretty much unviable as a healing skill choice for that elite spec.

That is a general problem with engineer and I really wonder how they want to "break design rules" for engineer, since the toolbelt mechanic can't really get changed much in my opinion without making the class either dysfunctioning or without giving us access to an absolutely INSANE new class mechanic to make up for that massive loss.

19 minutes ago, Leap Of Faith.8263 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/pr6gl5/new_specs_that_shaman/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Look those big guns behind that charr. Is that engi? A mech? A battleship? A tonk?

That's the core engineer artwork. Same for the thief and ranger. Those portraits have all been a thing for nearly a decade now.

• Like 2