Engineer Elite Specialization Prediction & Speculation Discussion

RobinotX.1604

19 minutes ago, Orack.9756 said:

Are we sur we get a mace ? Cuz if so I want a little hammer as skin :x

I think so. Weapon leaks said mace and 8 of 9 weapon leaks were correct. the 9th thats "incorrent" is engi but just bc we dont have a preview yet. If engi is the only one that doesnt get the predicted weapon i am sad. Since i have eureka...

37 minutes ago, Orack.9756 said:

Are we sur we get a mace ? Cuz if so I want a little hammer as skin :x

There has been datamining before the second set of elite specs and that datamine correctly predicted all the weapons for the other elite specs. According to it, we get a mace, so it is 99% safe that we are getting a mace.

I hope it is not a little hammer, we already have skins like that. Hope for something more original.

• Thanks 1

Mace is confirmed (Datamined iirc), there is a already a Mechanic hammer (Fix It Up or something)

Concept:

- Mechadendrites: Powered Arms on your back (Doc Oct.)

- Shock: Percusive Maintenance (Could be healing or Support) or Stun Gun (Condi Melee)

- Inertia: Using the momentum of the mace to pick up speed

I mean i think i would like to Have a Machinist/Mechromancer spec.

One idea i thought would be cool is that all of your Healing, Utilitiy, & Elite skills are different minions. Your New class function Summons a large mechanical mech minion. 

All equipped Healing, utility, &Elite minions merge with the Mech when summoned creating a stronger larger Mech minion. The more healing, utility, & elite  minions you have equipped the stronger the mech minion is. The utility minions attacks may be used through the mech minion on the utility bar.

i think this idea could be awesome since you have full control of the mech. 

The mech when summoned would basically be a Offensive Ventari tablet but with auto attack.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, Vagrant.7206 said:

If it's going to be "Golem-like" with a Canthan twist, the most likely candidate is a Kurzick Juggernaut

And it fits the icon too.

I dont know ranger is getting hammer is nature based and Kurzick Juggernauts were trees, then again there were hammer wardens too. Going to be down to the wire to see who gets what.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MatyrGustav.6210 said:

I mean i think i would like to Have a Machinist/Mechromancer spec.

One idea i thought would be cool is that all of your Healing, Utilitiy, & Elite skills are different minions. Your New class function Summons a large mechanical mech minion. 

All equipped Healing, utility, &Elite minions merge with the Mech when summoned creating a stronger larger Mech minion. The more healing, utility, & elite  minions you have equipped the stronger the mech minion is. The utility minions attacks may be used through the mech minion on the utility bar.

i think this idea could be awesome since you have full control of the mech. 

The mech when summoned would basically be a Offensive Ventari tablet but with auto attack.

Anet has to stop doing AI. Turrets are nerfed into nothingness and never got looked at by Anet anymore. Gyros used to be minions and were terrible, too. To the point that they even reworked gyros into wells (big thanks for that).

Minions in this game DON'T WORK. Can people PLEASE stop pushing for minions on engineer just because they want to role play as a cartoon super villain?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Or, better, rework the ones that already exist. If turrets really can't work as turrets, let them roll around and behave like necromancer minions or something (since obviously that approach IS allowed to work without becoming a balance no-no). There's no point filling the utility skill list with more minion-type skills when they could fix the existing ones.

It's be cool if engies get golems they can pick various body parts for.  Like being able to pick between legs or treads, both of which will give your golem unique properties regarding movement, like treads make them immune to movement impairment but legs are faster. Alongside picking arms which impact the golems skills like two gatling gun arms, or a power fist and a gatling gun.  Or a blade fist and a rocket launcher.

Like a mini medabots in Gw2.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Wasn't the silhouette reveal supposed to be today? 
Engineer get forgotten?

They posted the thief silhouette on the 2nd and the ranger silhouette on the 9th so we should expect them to post the engineer silhouette on the 16th. The only reason we got the  ranger silhouette reveal a day early was because of the livestream.

38 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

They posted the thief silhouette on the 2nd and the ranger silhouette on the 9th so we should expect them to post the engineer silhouette on the 16th. The only reason we got the  ranger silhouette reveal a day early was because of the livestream.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think ranger and thief both already got posted by this time in their respective week.

Edited by Kodama.6453

Yea, if I remember correctly silhouette's for all other classes were posted by end of week (Friday) before I got off work every time. Engineer hasn't been posted yet so I assume they forgot or didn't have the graphic ready.

Lets hope its a case of save the best for last 🙂

12 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Anet has to stop doing AI. Turrets are nerfed into nothingness and never got looked at by Anet anymore. Gyros used to be minions and were terrible, too. To the point that they even reworked gyros into wells (big thanks for that).

Minions in this game DON'T WORK. Can people PLEASE stop pushing for minions on engineer just because they want to role play as a cartoon super villain?

They work on Necromancer. They do work, people just wine. That's my conclusion

• Confused 1