Thief our last hope...?

Sylvyn.4750

...for a new group healer elite spec from EoD?  i.e. Surgeon? 

So far, everything in the previews looks more like roaming/DPS builds, except maybe the elixir utilities for Harbinger.  Does it feel like Anet wants to move away from dedicated support/healer classes that complement groups in WvW?

Guess we'll find out soon, but I can't imagine they would make another healing spec for ranger or engineer, so here's hoping thief gets a non-DPS role for a change because they really don't need yet another DPS spec that dooms them to even more roaming or backline shenanigans...it would make them respectable for a change...is there a Doctor in the house? 😉

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

...for a new group healer elite spec from EoD?  i.e. Surgeon? 

So far, everything in the previews looks more like roaming/DPS builds, except maybe the elixir utilities for Harbinger.  Does it feel like Anet wants to move away from dedicated support/healer classes that complement groups in WvW?

Guess we'll find out soon, but I can't imagine they would make another healing spec for ranger or engineer, so here's hoping thief gets a non-DPS role for a change because they really don't need yet another DPS spec that dooms them to even more roaming or backline shenanigans...it would make them respectable for a change...is there a Doctor in the house? 😉

It would be weird having more non thief players playing a thief build than thief players. They're already pushing it by giving it a stupid scepter if that's legit. 

9 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I like Anet making new elite specializations more pvp oriented, but no new support specs means more years of Firebrands everywhere dominating the meta. At this point I'm just hoping for a nerf to Guard stability and buffs/reworks on Ventari Revenant, Mesmer and Warrior.

That was my thought...no shakeup of the FB/Scrapper support meta in sight.  I love Ventari Rev, but yes, it needs some buffs.