Confirmed - Bladesworn is yet another Banner DPS spec

Jzaku.9765

Seems more to me that its rather mainly a PvP spec (again). I dont even know how a rotation would like with this spec in PvE. Spam some pistol 5, some dragon trigger? 

You cant even have max berserker stacks from bursts at the beginning of the fight since flow needs a while to generate so your burst might be..questionable. I leave that brainstorming to others since I dont like it much tbh.

Edited by anbujackson.9564

16 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know man  that Tactical reload just game a crap ton of value to Shouts. That and holy crap +350k damage on a full  Dragon Slash. 

thought the same, the only good thing about the spec is recharging shouts. The 300k damage is nothing, will be nerf, and it takes for ever to charge so in terms of DPS i don't think it will be used much. All the rest is not worth loosing being a warrior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

thought the same, the only good thing about the spec is recharging shouts. The 300k damage is nothing, will be nerf, and it takes for ever to charge so in terms of DPS i don't think it will be used much. All the rest is not worth loosing being a warrior.

It takes 5s to charge, and Cal said that the 350k was on the low end of what they've seen. If it takes 5s to fully charge, then that is 70k DPS. That blows benchmarks out of the water. You'd want a physical skill and Signet of Might to pump your damage. People wouldn't want you to waste a slot on banners then.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It takes 5s to charge, and Cal said that the 350k was on the low end of what they've seen. If it takes 5s to fully charge, then that is 70k DPS. That blows benchmarks out of the water. You'd want a physical skill and Signet of Might to pump your damage. People wouldn't want you to waste a slot on banners then.

Do you even think before you post? 

If it takes 5s to fully charge, then that is 70k DPS. That blows benchmarks out of the water.

You realize this is assuming you are literally chain casting dragon trigger for the rest of the benchmark?

We'll have to wait for the beta to see how hard it is to get flow and how well we can upkeep Berserker's Power. Your first dragon trigger won't be under the effects of it so ramp might be bad just like it is on Spellbreaker. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

In PvE, you can just use berserker bs for sustained damage meanwhile bladesworn will be extremely bursty power spec with worse(?) sustained damage that needs a bit more preparation and timing to pull off those huge bursts.

I am quite happy how it turned out (even though I was expecting a bit more options in traits for some support oriented builds, too, like other new specs). Berserker already works better as condi since you can be in berserk permanently thanks to all utility skills being rage skills (+ burn application upon using rage skill) which you can't with power as that lowers your dps overall. So, even though Berserker works as power and is really good in PvE, condi simply synergyzes better with the spec.

Bladesworn is that power gigaburst spec on which you will want to use Signet of Might and physical skills to have Peak Performance up for every single Dragon Slash. Probably some Flow regen increasing skill, too. Basically, all utility skills matter now to make your Dragon Slash as high as possible.

I wonder if pistol 4/5 will be comparable with axe 4/5 when it comes to dps, would be nice to have some new alternative.

Can't wait for beta 🙂 

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

you're being over optimistic to the point of being just naive. Are you seriously falling for a demo? forget that damage, it will never happen like that. You will never double your class DPS just because of some weeb flavored weapon. It just won't happen. What will happen, is that you will no longer be a Warrior for whatever defined a warrior in this game which was quick swapping weapons and having burst skill (which had synergy with a lot of our traits). The new utilities are a waste of database space. You will still take banners because none of what they showcased is in any way better for a 10 man group as banners are. Simple as that. This is just a disguised shroud mechanic with a stupid stationary thingy that will become old and boring after using it 10 times.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know man  that Tactical reload just game a crap ton of value to Shouts. That and holy crap +350k damage on a full  Dragon Slash. 

double banner + MMR at most.

but tbh, will most likely still be just double banner + signet, cuz you aren't the one regenerating might and fury anyway.

Also 350k on the low end from devs, because the build and equip isnt right, specifically said not berserker gear and garbage sigils and runes..even tho buffs and debuffs were on.

but realistically? the charge up time + cast time + flow charge time? it will not be far from current DPS chart. even by chance it is better.

Edited by Lighter.5631

At  this point that's just some weird compulsive need to complain. You get alac and all you've achieved is that now you're alac+banner class rolled into one build. If you feel the need to press a key to refresh squad-wide alac, just roll a rev and you have what you want I guess.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

you're being over optimistic to the point of being just naive. Are you seriously falling for a demo? forget that damage, it will never happen like that. You will never double your class DPS just because of some weeb flavored weapon. It just won't happen. What will happen, is that you will no longer be a Warrior for whatever defined a warrior in this game which was quick swapping weapons and having burst skill (which had synergy with a lot of our traits). The new utilities are a waste of database space. You will still take banners because none of what they showcased is in any way better for a 10 man group as banners are. Simple as that. This is just a disguised shroud mechanic with a stupid stationary thingy that will become old and boring after using it 10 times.

Nah. That was their low number. I highly suspect that people are going to figure out a way to pump the flow rate and instagib a boss with 5 Bladesworn popping  their Dragon Slash on it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Looks terrible

-Channeling 5 seconds to get rooted and then have to hit with a melee skills. NO

-25 and up to 40 seconds weapon skill CDs. NO

-Terrible utilities. NO

I would not touch this on competitive modes with a 10 foot pole.

Might work on pve, then again everything does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

People asking to me in PvP:

"You need to play 'healbreaker' because is the meta!!!"

People asking me to bring the banner or I won't be on their group:
"You have to place the banner or you don't have a spot here, because its the meta"

My answer to them:

And them their discovered that I finished all the contents and them they ask to me:

'How you finish it without us?'

And I answer:
'Some I soled, so other groups accepts me by that.'
- Bladesworn

Just tip here: play what you like and have fun with it.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801
  • Confused 2