Blade sworn looks TERRIBLE.

Apolo.5942

8 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

It can have sustain, but then you'd have to go shouts and time the barrier trait over and over (the stream shows it doesn't have an ICD? so managing the barrier on last ammo trait that has no ICD could be a thing, pray they keep it no-icd because it would still be reasonable then)

The problem is landing dragon slash in openfield, and how many seconds should it take until you fire dragon slash off for it to be reasonable. We'll see if its good enough or not on the testing, but from what I can say, it's not going to be good in solo roaming but kinda decent in group play.

You need to have a reasonable amount of stabi aswell or you'l just be cc'd forever. And stabi isn't exactly warris strongest point atm.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

It can have sustain, but then you'd have to go shouts and time the barrier trait over and over (the stream shows it doesn't have an ICD? so managing the barrier on last ammo trait that has no ICD could be a thing, pray they keep it no-icd because it would still be reasonable then)

The problem is landing dragon slash in openfield, and how many seconds should it take until you fire dragon slash off for it to be reasonable. We'll see if its good enough or not on the testing, but from what I can say, it's not going to be good in solo roaming but kinda decent in group play.

shout heal in pvp is completely garbage and butchered, may as well not exist if you not using healing power.

less cc, less sustain, less mobility, less lockdown then spellbreaker as far as i see from stream.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

it feels to me like they don't wanna even show us warrior because they don't care while also trying to over emphasize how "good" it is to the point where you feel like they know it's trash and are just lying to us. Like seriously they guy said we have better damage utilities. like do you even play a warrior?  90% of our utilities do basically zero damage

• Like 3

I like a lot of what Bladesworn has to offer and I dislike a lot of things it lacks. My top 2 problems about the spec is:

1. Lack of variety

2. Lack of mainhand pistol

There's no getting away from the gunblade if you spec into it. You'll always have to equip it. No variety there. Whatever build you build into, the gunblade will be on your hip no matter what. The lack of a main hand pistol is my personal preference admittedly but it's still huge for me. Offhand pistol was so unsatisfactory I can't even begin to express it. Dual pistol would've been so fun no matter how gimmicky it would've been.

Now that I think about it, that's why the spec is called Bladesworn. Its because you're sworn to carry the blade even if you don't want to 😞.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

shout heal in pvp is completely garbage and butchered, may as well not exist if you not using healing power.

less cc, less sustain, less mobility, less lockdown then spellbreaker as far as i see from stream.

yeah the less lockdown part is 100% the problem. You'd have to use the stun trait on bladesworn but what if the 3rd trait where you can do back to back dragon stance is better..

It's interesting spec but like zzzz

• Like 1

The what is this post? Terrible? 

Its the first elite spec that Warrior has gotten that people might actually play, I've seen people say they are core warrior still, and yet this one, this one looks special. 

It looks like it finally can be a good solo spec for warrior, giving Aegis, Barrier and healing bonuses. Combined with the Might stacking heal you might finally be able to do what other classes can do and solo in open world without needing backup or dieing to champs and legends. 

Personally, I can't wait to beta test, I can't wait to actually want to play my Warrior again. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

You need to have a reasonable amount of stabi aswell or you'l just be cc'd forever. And stabi isn't exactly warris strongest point atm.

Bladesworn has quite a few stabilty sources. You even have aegis during the channeling window of dragon trigger.

It will be really hard to pull off in pvp, but in pve it will be very good.

Imagine getting allowed to use dragon trigger in plat 1+ by a mirage, thief or shiro herald. 

Gunflame playstyle guys.. You gottta enter combat, stay in combat to build flow, ideally survive till you hit max flow (still no idea was given on how SoF, Furious and CI will work) enable dragon trigger, go for the unblockable GM, charge it for at least 1 second to see results (if not 5 to make sure you oneshot) and blow balanced stance, frenzy (-33% casttime) and maybe SoF at once to focus down a target.

You oneshot them ok that's plenty of effort for a oneshot, its your reward (now cleave the downie lol).

Your attack has been evaded. Now what? Mobility to kite? Against +1 roamers and decappers? No no, that's not how it works. Relying on stealth from allies to setup a burst? What's your contribution to the team if you need babysitting? None.

Once more warrior will be neglected in pvp I'm afraid. In wvw it will be fun killing trash players, but I already do that faster with gunflame and no casttimes lol. Shouts Bladesword with ammo elite? That's good and all but no innate survivability outside of the barrier trait and the aegis present in the gunblade. Sword warhorn may work ok, but what about the o point aoe pressure SpB brings ? Or the boonstrip. How do you compete with that survivability? Also why no unique thing for the spec? Why say, no life leech mechanics to make it unique? Why not boon support to at least explain what it's unique role is? 

See you in game. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I also want the devs to keep in mind that while a player is charging their skill while rooted, the other player is likely just going to run away (that teleport is very low range), and they're also gaining endurance in the downtime to dodge it. 

I really hope they don't make it pretty low and unsatisfying damage just because it has the potential to punt players that don't pay attention. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

I also want the devs to keep in mind that while a player is charging their skill while rooted, the other player is likely just going to run away (that teleport is very low range), and they're also gaining endurance in the downtime to dodge it. 

I really hope they don't make it pretty low and unsatisfying damage just because it has the potential to punt players that don't pay attention. 

I think triggerguard needs to be a 3 second block that absorbs attacks into charges with a maximum of 3 bullets with a 12second cd, if no attacks are absorbed during the action it turns into aegis instead. This way you can launch dragon reach instantly for a gap closer cleave. The teleport needs to be ammo skill with 3 charges and 600 range that reload 1 bullet when teleporting. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tayga.3192 said:

People who wants to proc master traits in Bladesworn line

Meaning that you're actually struggling against your own mechanics and forgoing all your defences. By that logic the most optimal weapon for mainhand would be an axe. So to feed the mechanics you need to use weakest of your skills #3.

Judging by how garbage other two are there might as well be only one master trait there.

I agree with no main hand pistol sentiment. Warrior has 0 ranged options that aren't two handed. Last time I saw a warrior in pvp without a shield it was lying on it's back with a flagpole sticking outta it's gut. So kinda like his shield using buddies but with a much faster transition between vertical and horizontal positions.

But to be fair this is my  experience in silver and gold recently. Maybe in plat and higher there are great warriors who need no shields or ranged weapons at all.

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:12 AM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

I agree with no main hand pistol sentiment. Warrior has 0 ranged options that aren't two handed. Last time I saw a warrior in pvp without a shield it was lying on it's back with a flagpole sticking outta it's gut. So kinda like his shield using buddies but with a much faster transition between vertical and horizontal positions. 

Well played 😂

On 9/18/2021 at 5:49 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

I also want the devs to keep in mind that while a player is charging their skill while rooted, the other player is likely just going to run away...

This exactly!

But it could be use as an action for Bladesworn (BS) to flee fights!

Possible scenario in wvw...

BS encounter a Soulbeast.. BS charging  up while blocking. SB realize an O kitten! coming his way.. SB runs the opposite direction... BS chuckles and ran the other way.

Edited by Jabronee.9465
  • Haha 2

Bladesworn is without a doubt the biggest show stopper of all the revealed 3rd generation elite specs revealed so far.  Like I can't imagine being outraged about Bladesworn which looks excellent in pretty much every regard when other classes are got literal hot garbage like WIllbender and Virtuoso.

Gunblade looks fun, pistol is way cooler than OH pistol has any right to be, the way it synergizes with existing ammo skills on warrior and all the new ammo skills.  Bladesworn is easily the most ambitious and interesting of the new elites so far, and the runner up isn't even close. 

Like dragon trigger you're stationary, but it also gives you access to aegis, and effectively mirage jaunt while you're charging it.  Also while you can charge it for 5 seconds for maximum impact, realistically you'll charge it for as long as you can get away with and not try and wait for the whole charge and damage should still be fairly meaty even at 2 seconds, like right as Bull's Charge is about to expire. 

Like seriously, at least wait until you get hands on before you criticize it. And remember you guys could have gotten Virtuoso instead.

• Like 4