Blade sworn looks TERRIBLE.

Apolo.5942

I think the problem is we are comparing it to PoF elites without context here. 

Harbinger, willbender and virtuoso were also all proven to be pretty bad compared to PoF speccs. 

Now if I was gonna take a guess to why this seems to be a thing for every new elite is because they plan on severely reducing the power creep the prior elites have had and further increase the trade offs required to use them 

There's no way on earth they will take one of their highest reasons for sale of their expansions and toss in the bin immediately by making them completely irrelevant comparitively to PoFs elites. 

Either their intentionally undertuned to be able to buff upwards based on where they lack performance. Or we will see severe nerfs to the other elites to bring them down to where these new elites are gonna stand. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 2:15 AM, Gorem.8104 said:

Its the first elite spec that Warrior has gotten that people might actually play, I've seen people say they are core warrior still, and yet this one, this one looks special. 

most people say "i want to play my warrior now" because they shelved it because they didn't like warrior to begin with.

So... those people, are liking BS as a new class, not as another form of warrior.

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Bladesworn is without a doubt the biggest show stopper of all the revealed 3rd generation elite specs revealed so far.  Like I can't imagine being outraged about Bladesworn which looks excellent in pretty much every regard when other classes are got literal hot garbage like WIllbender and Virtuoso.

Gunblade looks fun, pistol is way cooler than OH pistol has any right to be, the way it synergizes with existing ammo skills on warrior and all the new ammo skills.  Bladesworn is easily the most ambitious and interesting of the new elites so far, and the runner up isn't even close. 

Like dragon trigger you're stationary, but it also gives you access to aegis, and effectively mirage jaunt while you're charging it.  Also while you can charge it for 5 seconds for maximum impact, realistically you'll charge it for as long as you can get away with and not try and wait for the whole charge and damage should still be fairly meaty even at 2 seconds, like right as Bull's Charge is about to expire. 

Like seriously, at least wait until you get hands on before you criticize it. And remember you guys could have gotten Virtuoso instead.

virtouso actually has decent cleave damage, it just doesn't have instant cast is all

At least your mechanic will be easier to get on demand possibly, if the adrenaline traits don't convert into flow that could be bad for bladesworn

Assuming that the adrenaline conversion is easy though, you would be right that bladesworn looks promising.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bLind.6278 said:

Don't preorder. I wont be buying the expansion until I see that it's worth buying.

None of the elite specs for the classes I play look like they're worth the cost. Anet has to earn my money. Bladesworn isn't cutting it.

too late, already did. games like £30 lmfao, Bladesworn is defintly worth the price tag lmfao, games cheap as chips realistically..

37 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

most people i say "i want to play my warrior now" is because they shelved it because they didn't like warrior.

So... those people, are liking BS as a new class, not as another form of warrior.

People are gonna play warrior.. but as u say for the wrong reasons. and will likely give it up when they see it doesnt hold up v PoF Speccs 😛 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Harbinger, willbender and virtuoso were also all proven to be pretty bad compared to PoF speccs. 

Harbinger was pretty good.  Things were running around getting 1 million self healing in matches.

Willbender and virtuoso struggled compared to PoF specs.  And HoT speccs.  And core specs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Gunblade looks fun, pistol is way cooler than OH pistol has any right to be, the way it synergizes with existing ammo skills on warrior and all the new ammo skills. 

The only problem I have so far is that there's no ranged mainhand weapon to go with it, but that seems to be a personal preference of mine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Bladesworn is without a doubt the biggest show stopper of all the revealed 3rd generation elite specs revealed so far.  Like I can't imagine being outraged about Bladesworn which looks excellent in pretty much every regard when other classes are got literal hot garbage like WIllbender and Virtuoso.

Gunblade looks fun, pistol is way cooler than OH pistol has any right to be, the way it synergizes with existing ammo skills on warrior and all the new ammo skills.  Bladesworn is easily the most ambitious and interesting of the new elites so far, and the runner up isn't even close. 

Like dragon trigger you're stationary, but it also gives you access to aegis, and effectively mirage jaunt while you're charging it.  Also while you can charge it for 5 seconds for maximum impact, realistically you'll charge it for as long as you can get away with and not try and wait for the whole charge and damage should still be fairly meaty even at 2 seconds, like right as Bull's Charge is about to expire. 

Like seriously, at least wait until you get hands on before you criticize it. And remember you guys could have gotten Virtuoso instead.

"Looks fun" only has merit if you're actually effective. I've loved the theme of Warrior Rifle since launch. Does that mean it's fun for me to play a Rifle build? No, because its so garbage that any time you try to do it in ANY mode you get absolutely dumpstered on.

17 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I see one charging up in wvw ill just run away lmao. Or run behind them.

But for real dragon trigger would function much better as a channel like shield 5 or if you could slowly charge it in bursts like cloud in smash bros.

I feel like its perfect as is. We still have access to utility skills during  dragon stance it seems so if someone is running, hit them with a bola, flicker step and slash. Or just use the other 2 abilities that compensate for out of range targets. 

Also gotta remember this attack can cover 600 range if used with flicker. Then the chance that it can charge faster with quickness is also a possibility 🤔

Just now, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

I feel like its perfect as is. We still have access to utility skills during  dragon stance it seems so if someone is running, hit them with a bola, flicker step and slash. Or just use the other 2 abilities that compensate for out of range targets. 

Also gotta remember this attack can cover 600 range if used with flicker. Then the chance that it can charge faster with quickness is also a possibility 🤔

So you can bulls charge into it. Lol

23 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

"Looks fun" only has merit if you're actually effective. I've loved the theme of Warrior Rifle since launch. Does that mean it's fun for me to play a Rifle build? No, because its so garbage that any time you try to do it in ANY mode you get absolutely dumpstered on.

I thought with the bullet icon pretty much solidified as warrior's new espec symbol that it was a sign that rifle was going to make a comeback. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. Rifle is also one of my favorite warrior weapons. Sucks that it gets treated so badly.

Honnestly I think that Bladesworn look awesome. And it is the first time in 9 years of playing GW2, that I am considering switching my main from Thief to Warrior. I love everything about the Bladesworn. 

Gonna wait for the new thief spec reveal and if I dont like it, then I am definitely switching to warrior. This spec is epic!

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Harbinger bad?? It ranked top in dps bencharks on small targets.
It provides a new role for the necro - boon support.
It provides a new playstyle - hit and run shooter.
Shroud and base form are inverse (shroud exposes you to danger, base form is the tougher one due to strong life-force based regen).

It has issues (boring elixirs and nearly no control over blight) but it's far from bad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bLind.6278 said:

Don't preorder. I wont be buying the expansion until I see that it's worth buying.

None of the elite specs for the classes I play look like they're worth the cost. Anet has to earn my money. Bladesworn isn't cutting it.

I'm not going to base the decision on whether to preorder something based on an optional elite spec that I'm realistically going to play two or three times anyways. I rolled a warrior, not whatever this thing is. It's designed as a theme park ride. Guardians and druids will go play it for 10 minutes, giggle a bit about the explosions, then go back to their mains.

Ultimately, I bought the expansion for the content. New zones, quests, all that.

Edited by TugboatSteve.3607
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Harbinger bad?? It ranked top in dps bencharks on small targets.
It provides a new role for the necro - boon support.
It provides a new playstyle - hit and run shooter.
Shroud and base form are inverse (shroud exposes you to danger, base form is the tougher one due to strong life-force based regen).

It has issues (boring elixirs and nearly no control over blight) but it's far from bad.

all 3 were fine in PvE.. in SPVP not so much, Harbinger was prolly the best of the 3 though

57 minutes ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

Oh god I hope not... I can't take anymore nerfs... 

its Needed.. your taking in the contextualization of your Proffession getting weaker and Not the whole games Power creep getting weaker.

Daredevil completely Removes the Reasoning to play core thief.. because its Core thief with a Extra Dodge and no trade off for example here.

Weaver and Tempest are just power creep ontop of Core ele.

and things such as this... We need the games Power creep to basically revert dramatically overall.. not targetting a Specific proffession. everythings too strong, everything does too much and we've reached a stage where every button does 5 different things effectively.

Remember this.

If everything took a 5% Nerf. u arent any stronger or weaker then you were because % wise u do the exact same thing so its not a "nerf" as much as a Overall Tone down on the current mass Effects of current.

Like if u look at Harbinger espically.. Super fast, high Damage, Very squishy. that Doesnt need toning down. because the trade off exists where u become considerably more Squishy. but things Like Mirage, Weaver, Holosmith... just outright replace their core speccs with no trade off, these proffessions need harsher trade offs.

• Thanks 2

Specifically speaking on nerfs, I'm not worried about numbers with nerfs I'm worried about the feel of the gameplay that nerfs in general bring. That's been increasingly frustrating for me not so much for tradeoffs, but as nerfs have been introduced. 

I wanted core specs to be better, but honestly I'd have prefered them to give them their own extra mechanic rather than elite tradeoffs and more nerfs that just continue to hurt core specs. Like how daredevil is basically just a thief with a shorter ranged steal, I would have liked core to get it's own additional mechanic to make it unique rather than trying to nerf daredevil. (Just as an example. I felt like daredevil dodged a bullet with the 600 range steal.) 

But speaking of overall balance, I actually think the balance is well done these days, BUT there are a lot of things that are overnerfed. That's the one thing that drives me nuts with this game. They do some initial nerfs and I think "okay, things are weaker but that's fine because it still works decently". Then they nerf the same thing two more times and the thing you were enjoying no longer works. 

That's just not fun. 

I lost a lot of mobility just on core thief from the initiative cost increase on infiltrator's arrow. And can't even get more than one off without Trickery traited, let alone mid-combat when things get bad. And on a squishy/low mobility core thief, they always do.

I'm really against nerfs even on overperforming classes. A lot of the time it's a person's own lack of knowledge and poor play that's really the issue anyway.

Anyway it's like 7am where I live and I feel like I'm rambling and maybe off topic now maybe? (Need coffee) So... 

NO MORE NERFS! 

Edited by Arolandis.8360

1 hour ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

Specifically speaking on nerfs, I'm not worried about numbers with nerfs I'm worried about the feel of the gameplay that nerfs in general bring. That's been increasingly frustrating for me not so much for tradeoffs, but as nerfs have been introduced. 

it depends on how they nerf things realistically.

Yes, if they nerf everyones damage and we zoom into a Bunker meta, it'll be incredibly boring.

I wanted core specs to be better, but honestly I'd have prefered them to give them their own extra mechanic rather than elite tradeoffs and more nerfs that just continue to hurt core spec

thats the issue.. core speccs are getting nerfed Because the trade off doesnt exist.. Because we dont lose something going into the next Elite.. it creates a Massive Power creep.. which then overperforms and requires a overall nerf downwards. if the trade off is strong enough it'll prevent the need of the orginal nerfs themselves.

Im not saying Stack trade offs Ontop of the nerfs that have taken place.

Im saying Revert the Stupid Nerfs which have destroyed core builds and then create a Trade off to Reduce the power creep of the current Elites thus allowing these to compete with each other.

But speaking of overall balance, I actually think the balance is well done these days, BUT there are a lot of things that are overnerfed. That's the one thing that drives me nuts with this game. They do some initial nerfs and I think "okay, things are weaker but that's fine because it still works decently". Then they nerf the same thing two more times and the thing you were enjoying no longer works

todays balancing is basically a perma Power creep.. With each elite we get stronger and everything around the player indirectly gets weaker.. because the balance of the game since Core to now has become degenerate. its inheritly damaged the game itself and created a balancing Problem now. where alot of things are either completely broken.. or completely useless.. because the Power level of todays mechanics have to be sooo high.

I'm really against nerfs even on overperforming classes. A lot of the time it's a person's own lack of knowledge and poor play that's really the issue anyway.

I disagree. a Permanant range of buffs or positive fixs basically pushs the game further and further into a Power creep. which nullifys PvE Content in the game.. While at the same time Increasing the bar which proffessions have to compete at to realistically be useful in PvP.

Core SPVP was More popular then todays for example for a very good reason.

Because it was Just a better design.

That's just not fun. 

but the unfun nerfs are because of lack of trade offs.... Constant power creep means it needs continously nerfs effectively. they short term band aided a problem, which good game design would of effectively fixed.