Blade sworn looks TERRIBLE.

Apolo.5942

12 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

too late, already did. games like £30 lmfao, Bladesworn is defintly worth the price tag lmfao, games cheap as chips realistically..

People are gonna play warrior.. but as u say for the wrong reasons. and will likely give it up when they see it doesnt hold up v PoF Speccs 😛 

HoT and PoF specs are way to bursty compared with EoD specs and its not a damage output per skill issue but the mechanics of the specs overall.

Put HoT and PoF stuff in pair with EoD specs performance, in some cases isnt even a situation of rock/paper/scizor, the initial "burst  effect" will obliterate most specs since skills are easy to trigger like a macro burst do(there most players using this than most think) maybe HoT and PoF specs need to be slowed down to EoD combat.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Looking at the Traits, and Unyielding Dragon (Ignores Blind, Unblockable, 0.5s Stun per Charge) it could be insanely overpowered when we first see it, in addition to dealing a huge amount of damage. I can see why they're a bit nervous about it because effectively we're becoming Max Malice (7 stacks) Deadeyes with teleport/aegis on a 5s start-up.

PvP: The normal Dragon Slash too looks like its range is 2-3 times the size of normal melee, so if you're getting that kind of attack off into a team fight it's going to be a big change if someone mistimes their dodge. Biggest issue is the CC meta as 1 stack of Aegis + 1 stack of Prot (on hit) won't do much to protect Warriors while charging up. The damage has to be worth it in that case. I could see stacking the Electric Fence/Bulletproof Barrier to help but we'll have to see its interaction with everything else.

PvE: The 0.5s Stun per Charge in PvE will be huge, as this means Warrior can do +200K damage (not quoting the +350K due to it being unlikely you'll have all of those effects at once outside of raids) solo to Heavy Armour enemies in addition to knocking off up to 500 breakbar damage (enemies vs 10+ players usually have 1500). Don't forget: That means EVERY Dragon Slash attack can do that (Melee, Charge, Ranged versions).

WvW: This is going to be interesting. Probably will lean more towards roaming builds. I don't play Warrior in WvW enough to really weigh in on this.

Try to stay positive, see how it goes. 🙂

26 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

HoT and PoF specs are way to bursty compared with EoD specs and its not a damage output per skill issue but the mechanics of the specs overall.

Put HoT and PoF stuff in pair with EoD specs performance, in some cases isnt even a situation of rock/paper/scizor, the initial "burst  effect" will obliterate most specs since skills are easy to trigger like a macro burst do(there most players using this than most think) maybe HoT and PoF specs need to be slowed down to EoD combat.

u can say this about most of the speccs shown so far though.

i'm expecting HOT and poF Speccs to get nerfed realistically.

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

u can say this about most of the speccs shown so far though.

i'm expecting HOT and poF Speccs to get nerfed realistically.

I would not say a major nerf, well some skills actually will get its damage reduced, but most important is the  pace of combat should be putted in tune with EoD specs, specially the macro  holos that spams nades every second while bursting with holoforge skills its so anbnoying to loose to players that are legit using helpers, toning down the pace of combat would help combating those kinda of players as well.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

10 hours ago, Chrysaliss.8720 said:

Honnestly I think that Bladesworn look awesome. And it is the first time in 9 years of playing GW2, that I am considering switching my main from Thief to Warrior. I love everything about the Bladesworn. 

Gonna wait for the new thief spec reveal and if I dont like it, then I am definitely switching to warrior. This spec is epic!

perfect example of how the BS is NOT a warrior. People who dislike warrior come to play this weeb thing.

and besides that,... am I only one who thinks putting your sword away in the middle of a fight just for a weeb pose is stupid as hell? how many times will you put your sword away instead of keep fighting? It looks stupid for me...

Edited by Mesket.5728

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

perfect example of how the BS is NOT a warrior. People who dislike warrior come to play this weeb thing.

and besides that,... am I only one who thinks putting your sword away in the middle of a fight just for a weeb pose is stupid as hell? how many times will you put your sword away instead of keep fighting? It looks stupid for me...

"Warrior" already exists. You don't have to like or play new specs. Some people never played Deadeye for example and stuck with Daredevil. Because its more of a sniper than "thief".  Berserker is as warrior as you get, and spellbreaker is a patient tactician and master of arms. Cantha is a human kingdom loosely based on east Asia. Elona was based on Egypt and Africa. Many specs had desert and heat themes. Just because you can put a name on it, such as "Weeb", does not mean anything. Do you think Scourge and Mirage are too much based their respective desert themes? I would say Mirage and Scourge are the most thematic specs of path of fire. Something like Holosmith has nothing to do with Elona or ever connected to the region. So you might feel alienated because majority of the expansion plays in that area.

Cantha is technologically advanced and has eastern themes, Bladesworn makes perfect sense.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

"Warrior" already exists. You don't have to like or play new specs. Some people never played Deadeye for example and stuck with Daredevil. Because its more of a sniper than "thief".  Berserker is as warrior as you get, and spellbreaker is a patient tactician and master of arms. Cantha is a human kingdom loosely based on east Asia. Elona was based on Egypt and Africa. Many specs had desert and heat themes. Just because you can put a name on it, such as "Weeb", does not mean anything. Do you think Scourge and Mirage are too much based their respective desert themes? I would say Mirage and Scourge are the most thematic specs of path of fire. Something like Holosmith has nothing to do with Elona or ever connected to the region. So you might feel alienated because majority of the expansion plays in that area.

Cantha is technologically advanced and has eastern themes, Bladesworn makes perfect sense.

perhaps, but the implementation is terrible, it strip us from everything warrior has as core. Name one thing that defines Bladesworn as a warrior and not an engineer?

I do love asian culture and I loved factions in GW1. Assassin was a weeb class and I had one and enjoyed it a lot. I'm criticizing what they've done to the class. Warriors have sooo much room for improvement and instead of taking that angle, they just created more possible issues without addressing anything we have wrong. And you can't deny that if it wasn't for the weeb pose and the obvious sale lie of 350k damage, this wouldn't have this popularity.

Lets wait for beta and see how "fun" it is after you've done that one trick pony a hundred times.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

perhaps, but the implementation is terrible, it strip us from everything warrior has as core. Name one thing that defines Bladesworn as a warrior and not an engineer?

it rly doesnt by its lore and more its distinctly a Warrior in all honesty.. trying to call it engineer isnt really justice here.

5 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

And you can't deny that if it wasn't for the weeb pose and the obvious sale lie of 350k damage, this wouldn't have this popularity.

i agree with this though. ther 350k Dmg Sale is a Lie it'll get nerfed on launch.. its Just a bait to pul lyou into wanting it realistically. they need Data of hte proffession and ironically they after the last 3 prolly learnt the easiest way to get data is to make something insanely broken for a while.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

it rly doesnt by its lore and more its distinctly a Warrior in all honesty.. trying to call it engineer isnt really justice here.

I don't see it as such. It's a specialization in a technological weapon, not a master of arms. It works as a kit in every aspect of it, its not a weapon and it comes with the poor bargain of a weapon swap cooldown. We also got all sort of gadgets. So BS its basically that, knowing how to use a technological kit + gadgets. Also, magical bullets? how is that warrior fitting? Personally I'm not a fan of what they've done to the warrior.

• Confused 2

I see BS as Soldier of our Time, but the gun saber is mix of greatsword and rifle.

I like it, I didn't feel any problems with sustain and dmg. I not play BS as I play with Warrior, Berserker or Spellbreaker.  

I was not expecting any huge dmg from BS, but a different approach to how deal a high dmg and different tatics.

And I already saw many OP combos to apply. I think people want warrior core 2.0 and spellbreaker 2.0 hehe.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

I don't see it as such. It's a specialization in a technological weapon, not a master of arms. It works as a kit in every aspect of it, its not a weapon and it comes with the poor bargain of a weapon swap cooldown. We also got all sort of gadgets. So BS its basically that, knowing how to use a technological kit + gadgets. Also, magical bullets? how is that warrior fitting? Personally I'm not a fan of what they've done to the warrior.

I think this is a good point. I tried to like the new utility stuff but just looking at the barrier and fence does not feel very warrior to me. I rolled warrior to bark orders and run head first into battle using overwhelming force and whatever weapon I had on me.

The heal is called Combat Stimulant, that's the most Asura name ever haha. Take Dragonspike Mine for example. My engi alt plants bombs and mines. I get it's a fine line, but I'd much rather have a shout skill that allows me to call down a small cannon blast or artillery blast than planting a Dragonspike mine.  Same mechanic just better narritive imo. I can see a commander-like warrior ordering cannon fire. I cant see them running around planting mines and electric fences.

Edited by Hobo.7813
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Loules.8601 said:

WW1 warrior. 

I see it like that. But the gunsaber is like a better Riffle.

@Loules.8601 @Hobo.7813 if you take a look the new utilities skills seem to work very good with Tatics.

I can't say something properly now, but I didn't have problem with flow when was playing, not even with CD. My problem was using Dragon Trigger correctly, this cast is very hard.

• Like 1

I would have just taken the pistol offhand, it has good burst. Gunsaber as a weapon kit is highly unnecessary as a profession skill, I'd much rather have two weapon slots with my normal adren bar. They could have made the Gunsaber a utility weapon kit elite skill much like the mortar kit on Engie, with the added benefit of giving you a burst skill. Trading a weapon swap and other two main hand burst skills that had utility options of their own is not worth the investment. 

Edited by Doomfrost.5728

On 9/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, Broxxgar.6801 said:

I can't say something properly now, but I didn't have problem with flow when was playing, not even with CD. My problem was using Dragon Trigger correctly, this cast is very hard.

I do have a problem with the flow: from what I can tell, there isn't  a reason we shouldn't be able to just jump right in to Dragon Trigger outside of Gunsaber aside from thematic reasons. The extra step of F1 before F2 is interrupting my gameplay and I would like that to be changed. I believe F2 should be usable from any weapon, as long as F1 isn't on CD. 

As for executing Dragonslash attacks, my experience is similar to yours ... I was disappointed to see that there isn't much extra time to cast the DS attacks after you build up your bullets because if you run out of flow, it kicks you from the DT stance, regardless of your attack or not ... that's pretty punishing on a player and I think something more intelligent needs to happen there, considering the risk taken to simply stand there and build up bullets. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Problem with a lot of the feedback I seen is a lot of players who don't pvp or don't pvp much love the spec for its aesthetic, animations, mechanics and big numbers on dt but the people like myself who only pvp or wvw the spec comes across completely different as combat with other players is far far different than fighting ai mobs and on top the dt does 4-6k in competitive modes vs 3500k in pve.

I could see how bladesworn would be cool for non warrior players who only pve or even war players who pve that just appreciate the change but the spec as it is will be useless in competitive modes and that's not a standard that should be set.

The spec needs a lot of changes if it is gonna be viable in competitive modes.

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I do have a problem with the flow: from what I can tell, there isn't  a reason we shouldn't be able to just jump right in to Dragon Trigger outside of Gunsaber aside from thematic reasons. The extra step of F1 before F2 is interrupting my gameplay and I would like that to be changed. I believe F2 should be usable from any weapon, as long as F1 isn't on CD. 

As for executing Dragonslash attacks, my experience is similar to yours ... I was disappointed to see that there isn't much extra time to cast the DS attacks after you build up your bullets because if you run out of flow, it kicks you from the DT stance, regardless of your attack or not ... that's pretty punishing on a player and I think something more intelligent needs to happen there, considering the risk taken to simply stand there and build up bullets. 

@Obtena.7952 so that is my build that I was using:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAERlNwAZJMEGKOUTdA-z5IWGNWB9mCyOA

BS traits:

River Flow, Lushing Forest and Daring Dragon

Skill of BS:

Combat Stimulant,
Flow Stabilizer,

The other 2 utilities feel free choose what you want.

Elites Skill: Tatical reload

GS = GunSaber, because doesn't have this on gw2 skill builder

Rifle = is the second weapon. Use 'Explosive Shell' some AA to proc Might and by that gaining MMR and Mending Might, after that 'Volley'  and 'Brutal Shot'. All those skill you start to getting up your flow because benefits from 'River Flow'.

If you feel that can you put more Flow use 'Flow Stabilizer'. By the Rifle Rotation with 'Flow Stabilizer' you can put your GunSaber and start rotation there, you gonna see that you always have high flow and when cast DT you gonna see that you can pay for more than 2 or 3 DT's depending on the fight. Since daring dragon cap 5 cartridges.

As I said there is a lot of test to do with this build and with e-spec at all. We have a problem with swap on DT.

With this build you gonna do a Medium DMG on PvP scenes. You can kill some classes, but still underperfoming. Little adjusts on DMG and some problems on DT and bugs can make this class playable on PvP scene.

Now why rifle?

Because AA procs Might on enemy with vunerability, so you gonna benefit from MMR and Mending  Might.

You can critical hit 1.2k to 2k with rifles a considerable dmg for a range weapon, not as good I want but useful. 'Volley' can make you take 50% of the enemy HP.

You can change the weapon for Axe/shield or Axe/gun or Sword/gun.

No discipline on this build because I was testing and I didn't feel problem with this at least. 

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

6 hours ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

I did a very similar thing myself and I was pretty happy with it.  But I think I wasn't clear in my previous post. When I say I have problem with flow, I mean the flow of playing the spec, due to the extra F1 press that doesn't result in anything to access F2, not the adrenaline-replacement Flow stat on BS. I'm actually happy to see that Positive Flow effects stack in intensity, so you can regain flow rather quickly on top of the standard traits/effects that can give it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1