Was Joko Right?

Tekoneiric.6817

Arenanet did say that the Krait were intended to be a "Black Hat", that is to say an evil race, back when they were posting Lore articles on the old Anet blog page, during GW2's development.

Edit: The wiki has a copy of the very article they make this statement in: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadows_in_the_Water_–_The_Krait

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107

On 9/18/2021 at 11:31 PM, DaFishBob.6518 said:

Yeah I don't know the whole story about why he has Krait summons. The fact of the matter though is that I'm not doing him or the world any favors if I tried to kill them for my daily.

During beta, he summoned standard necromancer minions. Somehow, this changed post-release. Never got fixed.

Similar issue shows up with risen having living krait as allies in Tequatl and some Orr story instances.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:15 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Arenanet did say that the Krait were intended to be a "Black Hat", that is to say an evil race, back when they were posting Lore articles on the old Anet blog page, during GW2's development.

Edit: The wiki has a copy of the very article they make this statement in: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadows_in_the_Water_–_The_Krait

To be fair, they also said this about centaurs, but we had also gotten that one outcast in LA (who vanished at the end of S1), and then got the Maguuma centaurs in S2. IBS was also to have a centaur plot.

So this isn't to say that krait can't be redeemed at some point, just that there were zero plans to do so created back in 2012.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

10 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

To be fair, they also said this about centaurs, but we had also gotten that one outcast in LA (who vanished at the end of S1), and then got the Maguuma centaurs in S2. IBS was also to have a centaur plot.

So this isn't to say that krait can't be redeemed at some point, just that there were zero plans to do so created back in 2012.

I think the different between the Krait and Centaurs is that the Centaurs previously had lore about how the Tamini and Harathi were essentially being bullied into fighting humanity because they feared the power of Ulgoth the Mighty. They weren't just culturally evil people like the Krait are.

This lack of true unity against humanity among the Centaurs makes it more possible for them to break apart after Ulogth's death, and have a bunch of them try to make peace with the humans after the war against humanity didn't go in their favor.

There really isn't that same sort of logical trigger for a change that I can think of for the Krait. Its not impossible, just not likely.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509