Bladesworn has interesting synergy with shouts for a raw power spec (SPECIALLY the ammo elite)

BlackTruth.6813

Assuming that the gunbreaker elite skill reduces rechange for things like shake it off, this spec might be able to... do a little bit of everything in PvP? Might even pass as a support spec that does dps, could be the second coming of the old d/d ele but you can't do z-axis teleports for balance purposes.

You get dragon slash unblockable as well as a final trait and ignores blinds, that is actually big even though it's telegraphed (You'd realistically not fully charge it in most cases anyways UNLESS  people are downed already in which case you can do whatever you want)

And you get barrier everytime you use the last ammunition for a skill? Assuming that this works with shouts, this sounds good. And assuming it works on pistol offhand, kitten that sounds decent (not instant cast shatters/obnoxious ranger pets, but I will take it). I'd say shield is still good and off hand axe but wow assuming the pistol is decent pressure I might switch it around.

TL;DR might be interesting. But yes were still telegraphed/not cheesy enough from what it looks like.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I didn’t think of that interaction between pistol OH and expending the final charge. That is a really good point, where it will offer a balance between damage, mobility, and sustain. Could be more interesting than I had given OH pistol credit for. Still not sure if I would pick it over shield if I’m going for maximum competitiveness, but could be fun.

• Like 1

plus the fact that it's lowkey triple swap but very restricted (You can swap to GS before a fight or axe/pistol before a fight, requires you to plan ahead of time so you have to decide whether you want do GS + gunsaber or axe/pistol + gunsaber)

IT is by far more interesting than spellbreaker but reminds me of the old berserker, sad memories 😞

• Like 2

@BlackTruth.6813 I take this exactly point that you. I don't like to much the Shield on PvP. Even that I know that is a requirement to play on PvP. But sometimes I try to change a little bit and get out of the shield to not become bored by the same strategy and rotation. People complain to much about the shield. But even with them we can still die and we still see people dying with the shield.

I like the pressure of the pistol.

I said on other topic that, the shout with ammo elite would increase the Tatics trait and enhance the capacity of the Bladesworn tatics.

Edited by Broxxgar.6801

Bladesworn doesn't seem good in 1v1s (Warrior is just bad in open field doesn't matter the build because people just run in a straight line and wait out stances or they count 1-3 dodges and then land something instant cast, this is why I hate conquest and solo roam Warrior in wvw), but in zergs it might actually be crazy

I'm prolly gonna enjoy this spec when they bring back 2v2/3v3. Spellbreaker/core is still somewhat stronger in openfield.

35 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Kick and bola looking real juicy now.  Id argue you could replace bulls charge with bolas and play a bit more mid ranged and drop strength for tactics. 

lol nah, kick and bola already has super low cd on top of ammo, just like rifle skills, no amount of ammo will make them remotely usable.

only decent usage is on shake it off. with super high cooldown. that's it.

Edited by Lighter.5631

1 hour ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Assuming that the gunbreaker elite skill reduces rechange for things like shake it off, this spec might be able to... do a little bit of everything in PvP? Might even pass as a support spec that does dps, could be the second coming of the old d/d ele but you can't do z-axis teleports for balance purposes.

You get dragon slash unblockable as well as a final trait and ignores blinds, that is actually big even though it's telegraphed (You'd realistically not fully charge it in most cases anyways UNLESS  people are downed already in which case you can do whatever you want)

And you get barrier everytime you use the last ammunition for a skill? Assuming that this works with shouts, this sounds good. And assuming it works on pistol offhand, kitten that sounds decent (not instant cast shatters/obnoxious ranger pets, but I will take it). I'd say shield is still good and off hand axe but wow assuming the pistol is decent pressure I might switch it around.

TL;DR might be interesting. But yes were still telegraphed/not cheesy enough from what it looks like.

He stated that it works on all ammo skills, to include Shouts.

Just now, Lighter.5631 said:

lol nah, kick and bola already has super low cd on top of ammo, just like rifle skills, no amount of ammo will make them remotely usable

It used to be good waaay back in the day tbh around 2013 to set up instant cast skull crack

They are never going to be viable anymore because ANET kept adding stupid mechanics and nerfed a lot of other warrior stuff that work well with it (aka hammer combos, etc).

1 minute ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

It used to be good waaay back in the day tbh around 2013 to set up instant cast skull crack

They are never going to be viable anymore because ANET kept adding stupid mechanics and nerfed a lot of other warrior stuff that work well with it (aka hammer combos, etc).

even 2013 it was meme.

the true conquest meta back in 2013 was triple stances. berserker stance/endure pain/balance stance

some memed with bola instead of bullcharge in duels, that's about it..even bullcharge back in 2013 wasnt meta in conquest...it was only ok in duels.

kick never existed.

nowaday?...too much immob/condi removal and too much projectile hate.

and kick..like above, never existed to begin with..

4 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

even 2013 it was meme.

the true conquest meta back in 2013 was triple stances. berserker stance/endure pain/balance stance

some memed with bola instead of bullcharge in duels, that's about it..even bullcharge back in 2013 wasnt meta in conquest...it was only ok in duels.

kick never existed.

nowaday?...too much immob/condi removal and too much projectile hate.

and kick..like above, never existed to begin with..

yeah it was meme but somewhat use-able,  today you just can't. And yes these utilities was too hard to compete with stances and shouts for the overall time periods as well.

Today if ANET wants this to work they would have to make kick and bolas unblockable baseline or have the hard CC ones eat lots of stacks of stability.

1 hour ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

Tonight while using Dagger F1, 2 and Greatsword 3, and 5. Along with Bulls Charge and Shield Bash I was wondering how I am supposed to keep up with enemies on this new spec?

The dragon trigger dash is 750 range instant cast, and seems to move fairly fast. The distance seems constant, with the damage as the only scaling variable. Given Dragon Trigger is an 8s CD (the actual 3 skills inside are on 1 second CDs), that will provide a fair amount of mobility. Gun Saber 5 is 500 range iirc, moves about as fast as whirlwind, and has 2 charges. Bulls rush is still going to be extremely strong. Mainhand sword  is mobile (obv), and shield bash or pistol 4 are both small boosts (pistol seems to move faster tbh). I don’t think mobility will necessarily be much lower, or may even be higher given each skill seems to cover ground quicker.

Just my thought though, no way to tell until we actually get to play it 🙂

Edited by oscuro.9720

Just pray that it's easy enough to get flow in all honesty

I might even just go ahead and try tactics/discipline/bladesworn and see if the adrenaline increasing traits do anything.

If it doesn't that that might be problematic if it's gonna be annoying to get flow anyways. Can't remember if they talked about this on stream or not, but how are they going to account for traits like gain 5 adrenaline on weapon swap? Are those just dead if you use gunsaber?

1 hour ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

I might even just go ahead and try tactics/discipline/bladesworn and see if the adrenaline increasing traits do anything.

If it doesn't that that might be problematic if it's gonna be annoying to get flow anyways. Can't remember if they talked about this on stream or not, but how are they going to account for traits like gain 5 adrenaline on weapon swap? Are those just dead if you use gunsaber?

Iirc Cal said their team went back and reworked every adrenaline trait to function with flow. I obviously don’t know how they would work specifically, but we saw “positive flow” stack 25 times in the demo, so I imagine that each of those traits will give a short duration positive flow.

Similarly, traits like adrenal health and berserks power are going to function off of charges spent in dragon trigger. The tooltip on the stream showed it broken down as 

1-4 charges = t1

5-9 charges = t2

10 charges = t3

That little detail and some of the comments make me think the whole system has been looked at fairly thoroughly and a decent amount of consideration has been given towards how the class will work with flow, which in quite excited about :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Hard to say without testing, but I'm also under the impression that you mostly won't full-charge it in PvP. That said,

• Dragon Slash #1 has a range of 300 and hit 5 targets, so it looks like a very reasonable choice for multi-killing ressers when you're cleaving downs.

• If you can stay in Dragon Trigger forever once charged (even out of combat, when you'd lose your normal adrenaline), you could pop the stance after you claim a side node and now anyone running in to duel you for it has to be really mindful of that opening strike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Bolas need to do several things to be even considered usable and take up a warrior utility slot. The imob is out you get special debuff that pulses cripple and stays on the target for 4 seconds lets say, and when the target uses dodge or movement skill it gets knocked down, same function like Guardian Longbow 5 Hunter's Ward. Another option is to make it pulsing imob like the roots on ranger. And even then I'm not sure if anyone would pick it over lets say bull charge. 

Edited by Vancho.8750

18 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Bolas need to do several things to be even considered usable and take up a warrior utility slot. The imob is out you get special debuff that pulses cripple and stays on the target for 4 seconds lets say, and when the target uses dodge or movement skill it gets knocked down, same function like Guardian Longbow 5 Hunter's Ward. Another option is to make it pulsing imob like the roots on ranger. And even then I'm not sure if anyone would pick it over lets say bull charge. 

Honestly, I don’t see any reason why Bolas shouldn’t work similar to Ancient Seeds. That might actually make them worth at least considering.

Edited by crewthief.8649

28 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

That's actually a very good idea, make it pulsing like binding roots. And increase the cool down a bit.  The evade frame-eater part sounds questionable but stances and shouts would still be good then. We do need changes to physical skills that make solo roaming tolerable tbh if it's ever going to be buffed because that's what physical skills are; 1v1 or small scale utilities.

12 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

Hard to say without testing, but I'm also under the impression that you mostly won't full-charge it in PvP. That said,

• Dragon Slash #1 has a range of 300 and hit 5 targets, so it looks like a very reasonable choice for multi-killing ressers when you're cleaving downs.

• If you can stay in Dragon Trigger forever once charged (even out of combat, when you'd lose your normal adrenaline), you could pop the stance after you claim a side node and now anyone running in to duel you for it has to be really mindful of that opening strike.

Actually, a good change to this might be; make dragon slash/boost skills multi-hits on the same ratio instead of one single hit. For example, so instead of 16k damage on one hit, it should be 5.3k damage x3 at least. So the unblockable stun trait might still be good (And have stun only proc on a hit once), but then daring dragon (back to back dragon slash) might seem tolerable too, just to increase viability of options.